Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Len on the comeback trail!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭jfh

OOnegative wrote: »

Is Stephen scullion still in ireland? Presumably they'd train together in flagstaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

jfh wrote: »
    Is Stephen scullion still in ireland? Presumably they'd train together in flagstaff.

He's in Ireland at the moment. The Stephen Haas mentioned in the article is Scullions agent and coach. Don't think he would be stuck for people to train with in Flagstaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

At 32 he’s probably pushing it age wish but it would be brilliant to see the man running in Tokyo.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

jfh wrote: »

Scullion has issues getting out of Ireland and back to US.

There is a podcast here.

https://runnerbeanspodcast.podbean.com/e/runner-beans-podcast-episode-84-ciaran-o-lionaird/

Been ploughing away the last few weeks seems to be training with a few of Haas's athletes and seems to be going well based off sessions etc I have seen so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

KSU wrote: »

There is a podcast here.

https://runnerbeanspodcast.podbean.com/e/runner-beans-podcast-episode-84-ciaran-o-lionaird/

Been ploughing away the last few weeks seems to be training with a few of Haas's athletes and seems to be going well based off sessions etc I have seen so far.

Scullion was using indoor cycling as a way to maintain fitness along with his running

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

There is a podcast here.

One of my favourite podcasts these days.

This episode was particularly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

One of my favourite podcasts these days.

This episode was particularly good.
    Perhaps I'll give the Podcast another chance if he is back running. Enjoyed his Chicago build up but turned it off once he started yapping about the bike :pac:

Any other recommendations?

Perhaps I'll give the Podcast another chance if he is back running. Enjoyed his Chicago build up but turned it off once he started yapping about the bike :pac:

This one is not Scullion's

Its two Northy lads who look to have taken over the mantle from the JTG. Some really good guests most weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Clean Sport Collective
    Endurance Nation
    Stryd Power Podcast
    The Real Science of Sport
    The Athletic Evolution

Are all in the hopper for me at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Clean Sport Collective
    Endurance Nation
    Stryd Power Podcast
    The Athletic Evolution

Bad Boy Running is a good laugh, if you are looking for something to entertain

• Advertisement

Clean Sport Collective
    Endurance Nation
    Stryd Power Podcast
    The Athletic Evolution

Magness new one might be right up your alley

https://thegrowtheq.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Magness new one might be right up your alley

https://thegrowtheq.com/

Have their books and follow them on various channels, will try and squeeze that one in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Has Mad Len’s Salazar connection ever been satisfactorily explained?

Murph_D wrote: »
    Has Mad Len’s Salazar connection ever been satisfactorily explained?

The USADA Report confirmed that though he was at NOP it was Magness who was coaching him however he testified as a defence witness in that case and has supported Salazar throughout (given that he works in marketting for Nike though hardly surprising)

I think that is half the motivation of him stating his return prior to racing as he knows he will have question marks if he just rocks up race fit after a few months off the grid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Clean Sport Collective
    Endurance Nation
    Stryd Power Podcast
    The Athletic Evolution

Have a few of the above on my app.

Final Surge is good for some interviews.

Sweat Elite is actually really good - (Killian Jornet on last week)

Running Inspiration (NI based as well) has some good guests - but not a regular one for me - its guest dependent - Paul Pollock/ Zack Hanna/ Mick C / David Flynn / Catherina McK / Gary O'H / our own Evan Scully.

The Morning Shakeout - guest/topic dependent.

Advertisement