Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

List of EasyGo charge locations?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Has to be a simple mistake

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Felexicon wrote: »
    Where did you see that?
    The app shows every third party charger as free to use.
    Unfortunately theres none within my 5km to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭zg3409

I see easygo have added more 22kW chargers at a HSE site in Athy. I added them to plugshare app too.

New 50kW charger charger coming online on Monday in Edgeworthstown, Co Longford, on main street next to post office, off the main N4 Dublin to Sligo road.

I added it to plugshare app, its shown on easygo app, but not due to go live until Monday or maybe a little earlier. If you visit it please check in on plugshare app.

Photo here:
    https://m.facebook.com/EasyGo.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Why does EasyGo not have a map with their charge points? Or am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

unkel wrote: »
    Why does EasyGo not have a map with their charge points? Or am I missing something?

There is a map on the app or are you looking for the whole country in one go

unkel wrote: »
    It's on the app but all sites including "partner sites" are included

Its easily the worst app for functionality out there. The likes of ecars, plugsurfing, plugshare etc are all better.

In saying that, while I do use the easygo sites, especially on AC, I generally find them on plugshare and start/stop with the rfid so I dont have to use the app.

ELM327 wrote: »
    It's on the app but all sites including "partner sites" are included

Its easily the worst app for functionality out there. The likes of ecars, plugsurfing, plugshare etc are all better.

In saying that, while I do use the easygo sites, especially on AC, I generally find them on plugshare and start/stop with the rfid so I dont have to use the app.

You can filter out the partner sites

You can filter out the partner sites
    Yes they added that recently.
    However the radius thing is still annoying.
    If i'm looking for a charger it's likely 150km+ from where I am now!

New 50Kw DC charger went live at River Lee Hotel Cork today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

New 50Kw DC charger went live at River Lee Hotel Cork today

Great to have another fast charger in Cork, but in the middle of the city!? At a hotel which already has a destination charger!? Not sure I see the draw for it. Handy perhaps for those entering Cork from the west, staying somewhere without a destination charger.

Yeah, this stinks like the initial ecars rollout where "fast" 50kW chargers went anywhere the landowners would allow. Terrible sites, like Tesco naas, blanchardstown etc

Yeah, this stinks like the initial ecars rollout where "fast" 50kW chargers went anywhere the landowners would allow. Terrible sites, like Tesco naas, blanchardstown etc

Easygo are looking for site introductions, as in where someone knows the manager personally and is up to have a few spaces dedicated to a charger. They are looking for petrol stations, restaurants, hotels or anywhere with a couple of parking spaces. They mention revenue share.

To be fair they have most 50kW chargers on main national or motorway routes partway between cities, while not ideal this charger would be handy for taxi drivers and those staying at hotels without chargers or those in apartments with no way to charge.

I like chargers at hotels, it beats supermacs food, but the one at supermacs by easygo is free and there are 2 50kW chargers next to each other.

I suspect they attended hotel federation conferences or advertised in their magazine as they have quite a few 50kW chargers at hotels.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Ah yes, those terrible locations which also ended up being the most well used. It's a pity we don't have stats for Naas, Lucan and Blanch now that fees have been introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭innrain

I think we as EV community should applaud this. I actually like the idea of these chargers being on the hotel grounds. Returning from Limerick I always stop at Abbey Court in Nenagh. The food and atmosphere there beats any forecourt.

But seriously now how many other Irish private companies are installing this kind of chargers? The last integration with the likes of ecars/Ionity will be a big bonus for us as we might get discounted prices for Ionity. Wouldn't be nice to pay an Irish company instead of Maingau? I so some of yous having some beef with them. I signed up last year and my tenner credit is still there.

Also the hotel in Cork needs to be acknowledged more so there is a slow charger in the vicinity. How many story of hotels who couldn't care less about installing a chargers on their grounds we've heard? Whenever I'll go to Cork I'll make sure I stop there. Only if more like them would follow the example.

Passed by the Edgeworthstown charger yesterday, on the main street which is grand but to the immediate left side of the charger is an entrance gate so single parking only, gonna be tight with those cables!!!

liamog wrote: »
    Ah yes, those terrible locations which also ended up being the most well used. It's a pity we don't have stats for Naas, Lucan and Blanch now that fees have been introduced.
    They are still terrible locations, doesnt mean they weren't used.
    Actually, now if they are bringing 150kW hubs then perhaps a few 50kW at the likes of blanch etc will allow owners of bigger battery evs to get a meaningful charge in 1 hr at 50kW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

innrain wrote: »
    Returning from Limerick I always stop at Abbey Court in Nenagh.

Returning to where?
    There isn't much in the vicinity of the Nenagh charger, bar the hotel. It's also well off the M7 & only 40km from Limerick.

Not a good location - I reckon it's one of the least used rapids in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

What do Easygo mean by "Ireland's Fastest EV Charging Network"?

Ionity & Tesla have far faster chargers :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

Can anyone explain the logic to me why we have to set up different accounts with all these chargers and top up with all the different companies and have all these RFID cards and different apps when we could just tap with a debit card and simplify it all? Load of bollocks that would put anyone off. I'm getting an ev next week and it's a bit of a head wreck.

• Advertisement

goob20s wrote: »
    Can anyone explain the logic to me why we have to set up different accounts with all these chargers and top up with all the different companies and have all these RFID cards and different apps when we could just tap with a debit card and simplify it all? Load of bollocks that would put anyone off. I'm getting an ev next week and it's a bit of a head wreck.

EasyGo fob will work with ESB and Ionity charge points.
    Credit/Debit card tap system.is on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

That's good to know. Thanks. So I'm better off with an easygo account instead of an ESB ecars account? Or does the ecars work with other ones. Im waiting on an ecars RFID now.

I seen that already, is it a case that the fob simple allows charging to commence and then you are charged via your ESB/Ionity account rate or will EasyGo take the charge does anyone know?

slave1 wrote: »
    I seen that already, is it a case that the fob simple allows charging to commence and then you are charged via your ESB/Ionity account rate or will EasyGo take the charge does anyone know?

You will be charged through your EasyGo account.

INteresting
    Will the rates be cheaper than the ecars app?
    Wonder if they intend to offer similar rates to Maingau for Ionity?

Actually, I wonder if they intend to become the preferred "one for all" billing hub

Kramer wrote: »
    I reckon it's one of the least used rapids in the country.
    Returning to Dublin.

So the chances to find it unsued are greater. :)

In a Dublin - Limerick - Dublin day trip I prefer to exit at 26 and return on motorway at 24 even though is a 8 minutes detour. I get more rested dining proper food in a relaxed enviro.

INteresting
    Will the rates be cheaper than the ecars app?
    Wonder if they intend to offer similar rates to Maingau for Ionity?

Actually, I wonder if they intend to become the preferred "one for all" billing hub
    That I hope and even if they'll be 1 cent more I would still be using them to pay at ESB and Ionity. It sounds as I would have an interest here but I truly don't. Except to support something I find as a good idea.

slave1 wrote: »

So I pull up to a 22kW charger and go via ESB for free or EasyGo and pay for it?
    Very ambiguous

goob20s wrote: »

I don't think using easygo on esb and Ionity actually works just yet, any day now.

The newest charger in Cork will have touch to pay by credit card. but again that was not working on launch day. Some other shopping centre chargers have touch to pay, the odd random one.

Firstly esb is 99% of the market. You could get away with just their app.
    As to why we need multiple apps, fobs, cards, accounts.

Well back when electric car charging started touch to pay was not really a big thing. Also phone apps were not universal. The RFID card supplied by the company was advanced and new. It done away with forecourt staff and automated the activation of chargers. It allowed chargers on sites with no staff e.g. car parks. Over time apps were added. ESB over time added fees to 43kW+ chargers.

As for why multiple, its all about fees, first mover advantage, land grab. Cheapest fees are once a month direct debit, and credit card readers at chargers can be country specific and a bolt on extra. Its not simple, although in the UK all new chargers must have touch to pay, but they can charge extra.

Companies like esb don't want you to know easygo etc. exist, so they don't show their chargers. Its simple business, do not promote the competition. Easygo want people to use their app, so they show others. I prefer plugshare app as it shows all brands and is great for finding new chargers. I recommend get esb, easygo fobs. Get esb, easygo. Plugshare, zapmap, ionity apps.

Once you are used to trip planning its not too bad. I rarely publicly charge and when I do I allow extra time and plan for the charger being broken, blocked or busy and make sure I have enough range to reach another 43+kW charger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

zg3409 wrote: »
    I don't think using easygo on esb and Ionity actually works just yet, any day now.

That would be very handy, the fob is tiny and I attached it to my key ring today. I presume that as long as the ESB AC chargers are free, charging there using the EasyGo fob would also be free?

Advertisement