Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only Fools & Horses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭tastyt

Dirty Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,387 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I think he was better in the earlier seasons. They made him a little too dim in later seasons.

Yeah they definitely changed his character over the seasons. Early on he was a bit of a shady petty thief, a little dim, but that wasn’t played upon as much in early seasons. Rodney was actually a bit afraid of him - “Why do they call him Trigger, does he carry a gun?”

In later seasons the shady petty crime aspect of his character was forgotten about and he was just a simpleton road sweeper.

A great character though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

tastyt wrote: »
    Dirty Barry

Margaret Thatcher ruined his industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,873 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Margaret Thatcher ruined his industry.

At last, someone's got something good to say about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Fancy an Indian?

Great line! Definitely wouldnt get away with that scene these days!

• Advertisement

Great line! Definitely wouldnt get away with that scene these days!

Why? It was supposed to be inappropriate in the scene. The Miranda only pretended to tolerate it because she wanted to scam them out of the painting. Rodney tried it later and got a slap across his Bo Grace.

Why? It was supposed to be inappropriate in the scene. The Miranda only pretended to tolerate it because she wanted to scam them out of the painting. Rodney tried it later and got a slap across his Bo Grace.

oh yeh, thats true.

Take it on board if you wish.

I don't like being called a cowboy! No one's ever called me that before!! I am not a cowboy.

Del: BRONCO

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Roast bleedin' pork!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Hell of a parting you've got there, son.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Tomorrow night on Yesterday TV. 8.00pm The Story of OFAH

Mr Trotter, when I said strip to the waste I meant the top half.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Del Boy " Uncle Albert don't mention During the war"
    Uncle Albert " During the 1939 to 1945 conflict with Germany"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Guess the episode :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

A few years ago I bought a bar mat for £50 that was used on the Nags Head pub set. My mother ended up throwing it in the bin as she thought it was an old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Hole in One

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

That's when Albert falls down into the pub cellar.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Hello Mike. How's that deep fryer Del sold you?

The Nal wrote: »
    Hello Mike. How's that deep fryer Del sold you?

I want a word with you Trotter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I binged on every episode quite a few years ago when I was sick, and no joke had me crying with laugher more than this beauty.

Del: "Michael, Michael, please a bottle of champagne for my partner and me. And make it the best champagne. A bottle of that Dillingers 75. That's Prince Charles's favourite champagne that.

Australian lad: "No, that's Bollingers."

Del: "It's bloody true!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I love the bit where Rodney announces he’s with a 40 year old and Del reckoned she was even too old for himself and then grandad replies “ i’d have to think twice” lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭spurshero

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I love the bit where Rodney announces he’s with a 40 year old and Del reckoned she was even too old for himself and then grandad replies “ i’d have to think twice” lol

Loved that bit as well . Hard to beat triggers cousins bus story for me .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,190 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

spurshero wrote: »
    Loved that bit as well . Hard to beat triggers cousins bus story for me .

Or Triggers broom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭Micky 32

“. What do you prefer Rodney? Astro turf or grass?”

“ i don’t know i never smoked astro turf”

“ Yooooouuuuuu wally!”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Or Triggers broom

A deep philosophical issue!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

triggers-broom-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

DEL: What do'ya mean it's a bit late. You said it was opened 24 hours a day?
    TRIGGER: Yeah - but not at night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,387 ✭✭✭JoeA3

WhiteMan32 wrote: »
    DEL: What do'ya mean it's a bit late. You said it was opened 24 hours a day?
    TRIGGER: Yeah - but not at night

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

It might sound weird given some of the subject matter but my memories of watching that show were wholesome ones. People might say it was offensive nowadays, however, the underlying sentiments conveyed in the program were anything but.

• Advertisement

steddyeddy wrote: »
    It might sound weird given some of the subject matter but my memories of watching that show were wholesome ones. People might say it was offensive nowadays, however, the underlying sentiments conveyed in the program were anything but.

Yeah, this keeps coming up throughout this thread. People who assume loads of other people will be offended by it, but nobody has actually said they think it's offensive.

I maintain that calling the mucic the black lads we playing "monkey music" is probably objectively offensive, but apart from that I don't think anyone has said they're actually offended by it.

Advertisement