Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest internet freebie ....Civilization VI

Options
  • 21-05-2020 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,101 ✭✭✭✭

So this is free to download from Steam for the next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

When is it starting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

NIMAN wrote: »
    So this is free to download from Steam for the next week.

You mean Epic?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Yeah it's free on Epic right now. Next week I believe it'll be Borderlands: The Handsome collection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Class, was only playing the Civ IV DLC's the last couple of weeks.
    Great lockdown game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I've never played a CIV game, they look fairly slow moving and boring, am i missing out?

Can I get a summarization up in this muja fuja?!?! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,116 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s a turn-based strategy game - games are long and sometimes complex, but always plenty to do and it’s easy enough to learn the basics.

The main issue is that it’s the video game equivalent of crack cocaine, and you will potentially lose hours and hours without even realising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

It’s a real-time strategy game - games are long and sometimes complex, but always plenty to do and it’s easy enough to learn the basics.

The main issue is that it’s the video game equivalent of crack cocaine, and you will potentially lose hours and hours without even realising it.

Turn-based.

The rest is 100% though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,116 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Turn-based.

The rest is 100% though.

I’m just too used to saying RTS for any strategy game :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

nix wrote: »
    I've never played a CIV game, they look fairly slow moving and boring, am i missing out?

Can I get a summarization up in this muja fuja?!?! :pac:

Turn based empire building. It's ok in terms of slow game play. Free is free either way. I've always found it gets annoying once you expand to a certain point and it become work trying to keep track of everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

This is cross save on the switch for those who have it there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

If you have it on steam, is there cross play allowed for those who buy it on epic?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Good jib!

Turn based empire building. It's ok in terms of slow game play. Free is free either way. I've always found it gets annoying once you expand to a certain point and it become work trying to keep track of everything.

Played the first three Civ games A LOT! However there was generally a kind of mid-game lull where the game did kind of drag out, and yeah, keeping track of all the different cities, units, etc. Is Civ VI any different?

I signed up to Epic to get Civ VI for free, but I'm still in two minds as to whether I'll actually play it or not. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

Good jib! wrote: »
    Played the first three Civ games A LOT! However there was generally a kind of mid-game lull where the game did kind of drag out, and yeah, keeping track of all the different cities, units, etc. Is Civ VI any different?

I signed up to Epic to get Civ VI for free, but I'm still in two minds as to whether I'll actually play it or not. :o

It's not wildly different, it can definitely drag on a bit in the late game, but the fact that you can only have one unit per tile instead of stacks means you don't have the issue of moving stacks of 50 tanks all over the place so there's a bit less micromanagement there.

I'd definitely recommend it, it's an excellent game. It's better with the expansions which you'll probably end up spending money on if you do play it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Just one more turn,

Just one more turn,

Just one more turn,

Just one more turn,

Wait....... When did the sun come up?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Advertisement