Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Motorcycle hoons Tuam road and elsewhere

• 20-05-2020 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭

2 weeks now any random night 2 to 4 motorbike clowns going beseker mode easily 100mph plus undertaking cars overtaking cars unreal dangerous.
    I'm 95 PC sure who they are as well and how they travel. I have rang guards and they did catch 1. Anyone else seeing this? Tonight's bukos were on a scrambler like bike with white helmet a black motorbike 2nd one red jacket. Fkin fuming at these clowns.
    It takes about 15 20 minute loop wherever they are starting from here... utter scum

Comments

Just keep calling the cops, squeaky wheel and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭ratracer

100mph on a scrambler?? Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

West of town too, usually around 8pm. Saw a couple TEAR up Henry St the other day. They did stop at the light though, so that was a waste of speed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

whoy

great success one run by hoons (yet again) at 7pm squad car caught them at 7 30

ahh peace and quiet

• Advertisement

Hoons?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

DaCor wrote: »
    Hoons?

1. To travel at speed in a confined area, or do burnouts on a public road in traffic ..
    2. To show off in a dagerous manner, mostly with a vehicle or engine powered item ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

DaCor wrote: »
    Hoons?

Someone's been watching too much home and away...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

BeardySi wrote: »

What channel does it be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

I remember seeing somebody pop a wheelie down that stretch next to Dunnes some years ago. Trying to think exact;y when but it always stuck in my mind as a really stupid show off thing to do.
    Could be 10, 15 years back though

• Advertisement

BeardySi wrote: »

lol motorway patrol

Great stuff 1 arrested again tonight, a neigbour nearly got ran off road rang police. these people dont care about law. lock them up.

Great stuff 1 arrested again tonight, a neigbour nearly got ran off road rang police. these people dont care about law. lock them up.

Need about 60-70 convictions before they think about locking anyone up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Need about 60-70 convictions before they think about locking anyone up

Crush their motorbikes in front of them when they are caught driving dangerously. Would be much more efficient as punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Crush their motorbikes in front of them when they are caught driving dangerously. Would be much more efficient as punishment.

Interesting idea - the amount cars that would get crushed though in Galway would create a Mount Everst of metal though.

I'm surprised they are catching them so easily, motorbikes are very difficult to catch if the people riding them don't want to be caught.

I'm surprised they are catching them so easily, motorbikes are very difficult to catch if the people riding them don't want to be caught.
    Easy to spot though as so few motorbikers in the City.
    As an example the CS0 stats for commuting in Galway City shows it at 0%.

It’s Galway not bogota we live in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Bogota is not too bad to get around in fairness.

Car99 wrote: »
    Bogota is not too bad to get around in fairness.

Either is Galway, we live in a large town with a big city mentality

• Advertisement

Not sure of your point. No squad car will catch a motorbike, a checkpoint is easy to avoid on a motorbike. Most motorbikes obscure their number plates so are very difficult to identify their owners/riders all leading up to my point of motorbikes being difficult to catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Most motorbikes obscure their number plates

Nonsense.

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Nonsense.

Of course they do, tax disc connected to the number plate and turned so it’s partly covering the plate is standard on most bikes. I’m not complaining I’d do the same if I had one.

no sign in last while me thinks its more than speeding... the more i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Easy to spot though as so few motorbikers in the City.
    As an example the CS0 stats for commuting in Galway City shows it at 0%.

I don't think that's up to date. I ride a motorbike and I know for definite that there are quite a few motorcyclists around Galway city. I'm not a hoon by the way.

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I don't think that's up to date. I ride a motorbike and I know for definite that there are quite a few motorcyclists around Galway city. I'm not a hoon by the way.

I dont even know what a hoon is. :)
    Title of thread and this thread itself is overblowing the issue anyhow.
    I dont doubt there are people who motorbike to work, but figure is so low that not measured, train commuters in Galway also come in at 0%.

Advertisement