Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling prints

Options
  • 18-05-2020 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi folks. I'm an amateur photographer with an interest in landscape and wildlife photography. I've never intended to sell my photography except for prints for family and friends but in the last few months, I've been asked by a few peoples and companies to buy my prints. As a foreigner, I don't know what's the law regarding selling photography ( should I pay any taxes). My main income comes from my full-time job, this will be only some extra income from time to time. There is a company which wants to buy 10 of my prints but they will be looking for the invoice, so I'm not sure if I can issue that. Hope someone will be able to help me. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

max miller wrote: »
    Hi folks. I'm an amateur photographer with an interest in landscape and wildlife photography. I've never intended to sell my photography except for prints for family and friends but in the last few months, I've been asked by a few peoples and companies to buy my prints. As a foreigner, I don't know what's the law regarding selling photography ( should I pay any taxes). My main income comes from my full-time job, this will be only some extra income from time to time. There is a company which wants to buy 10 of my prints but they will be looking for the invoice, so I'm not sure if I can issue that. Hope someone will be able to help me. Thank you.

Where are you living ?
    You say as a foreigner.... in which country? Most people posting here live in Ireland, but you could be anywhere, your post may be best suited to a taxation thread as it’s about tax instead of about photography.

Are you working here (in ireland) legally?
    How did the company who wish to purchase your photography discover your images?

I’m open to correction but if you are earning extra income, you can notify revenue to adjust their calculations of your income tax.

Advertisement