Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein, Belfast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It takes a bit of time to reschedule a whole tour. Patience young padawan.

:D

It's not the rescheduling of it that worries me, it's confirmation that it won't be going ahead in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭Penfailed

:D

It's not the rescheduling of it that worries me, it's confirmation that it won't be going ahead in June.

It's pretty much guaranteed that it won't be going ahead in June.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,230 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I assume its an insurance thing for not cancelling/postponing themselves? Iron Maiden havent postponed or cancelled shows themselves, just make an announcement every time a country band large gatherings that gig isnt on anymore. Weird why they dont just announce that the rest are off too

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Just had the scheduled email. No dates yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

damianmcr wrote: »
    Just had the scheduled email. No dates yet though.

"Due to local event restrictions related to COVID-19, which now affect almost all planned dates, the band's 2020 stadium tour can unfortunately not take place.

We are currently checking whether it is possible to reschedule the dates and will communicate any updates as soon as possible!

All tickets will remain valid until then.

Thank you again for your understanding and patience."

Of course the email has no mention of refund in it

• Advertisement

Hello
    Please fill out the form from the link and we will get back to you on your refund request

https://t.co/u5WlOv9xT9

If tickets are still valid for whenever it's rescheduled, I wouldn't be looking for a refund.

Ive already requested a refund.

Wife due our 2nd in August. If the next date suits I will buy again.

Main reason for a refund is last few gigs in Boucher I have seen tickets on sale the day before for a quarter of the price on ticketmaster.

The one good thing about this is that it gives a chance of the gig being moved to Dublin. I don't follow soccer but how often are the Euros on and have they also been rescheduled?

Every 4 years and rescheduled to next year.

• Advertisement

damianmcr wrote: »
    Every 4 years and rescheduled to next year.

So more than likely will affect the Rammstein gig then too.

So more than likely will affect the Rammstein gig then too.

Wouldn't be surprised if euros were put back to one country. Still think summer 2021 will be very soon for mass air travel around continent.

The one good thing about this is that it gives a chance of the gig being moved to Dublin. I don't follow soccer but how often are the Euros on and have they also been rescheduled?

How is that a good thing? Dublin is spoiled for gigs. It's good that Belfast gets a shout every now and again.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    How is that a good thing? Dublin is spoiled for gigs. It's good that Belfast gets a shout every now and again.

For at least 90% of people it would be a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Transport sure,
    price and atmosphere? Na it’s hard to beat Belfast for a gig!plus Boucher is a really nice venue for a big gig

Eh? The whole top third of the island would disagree. 90%?! Wise up.

Penfailed wrote: »
    Eh? The whole top third of the island would disagree. 90%?! Wise up.

And what about the other 2 thirds of the island? There was a lot of people disagreeing with the fact that it was in Belfast when it was first announced.

It's an opinion, no need to be so confrontational.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

There was a lot of people disagreeing with the fact that it was in Belfast when it was first announced

Some right clowns about for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Transport sure,
    price and atmosphere? Na it’s hard to beat Belfast for a gig!plus Boucher is a really nice venue for a big gig

Perfectly happy to go Belfast myself but know three friends who are fans that weren't going to go because of the inconvenience.

Perfectly happy to go Belfast myself but know three friends who are fans that weren't going to go because of the inconvenience.

From where? Dublin isn't very convenient for people from the north west or south west. It doesn't stop me going to gigs in Dublin for bands that I really like.

• Advertisement

What inconvenience?
    It’s a direct bus, it’s just as easy to get to Belfast.

Laziness is the only reason

We could say laziness... Bit tickets were £100. Then travel & board and potentially two days off work.

That's a tall ask for a casual fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Jofspring

We could say laziness... Bit tickets were £100. Then travel & board and potentially two days off work.

Pretty much sums up 90% of concerts for everyone outside of Dublin.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Pretty much sums up 90% of concerts for everyone outside of Dublin.

I'd presume that one would be more than just a casual fan to endure all that for a band.
    Also, if you live in the capital, you are presumably used to having these things on your doorstep and that would make a small trip up the road seem bigger than at is.

That’s every gig for a lot of us
    Direct bus every hour from Dublin to Belfast, Cheaper hotels and drink

As someone who travels from limerick, Belfast usually works out a cheaper experience for a night.

Hope this is rescheduled; same venue ideally

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I'd presume that one would be more than just a casual fan to endure all that for a band.
    Also, if you live in the capital, you are presumably used to having these things on your doorstep and that would make a small trip up the road seem bigger than at is.

Just something most have to put up with really.

Agree about people from Dublin being used to having it on the doorstep.

Rammstein in Dublin would have been much handier for most of the country ahead of Belfast I'd imagine. Was going myself because I haven't seen Rammstein Live yet and was looking for an excuse for a trip to Belfast. Was looking at 8 hours round trip and two days off work. Wouldn't have too much sympathy for people that can probably leave work an hour early and be up in plenty of time for the concert and could easily spin home after if they want.

RDS would have been ideal.

Might try get over to the UK or Europe now in they don't reschedule Belfast.

Boucher road has been rescheduled to 12.06.21 :D

A Saturday makes this doable now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,489 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

And a lot more expensive for hotels etc but probably better craic before and after too

• Advertisement

And a lot more expensive for hotels etc but probably better craic before and after too

Belfast is cheaper than Dublin for hotels.

Advertisement