Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 7T Amazon Germany €499

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,375 ✭✭✭roosterman71

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Go to Settings - Apps & Notifications - Notifications - On Lock Screen.

You can set the options you like then.

Nope. 3 options:
    1. Show important and other notifications
    2. Show important notifications only
    3. Don't show notifications

#3 on that list hides everything, including the app icon on the screen. Other 2 still show info when you turn on the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 27,824 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nope. 3 options:
    1. Show important and other notifications
    2. Show important notifications only
    3. Don't show notifications

#3 on that list hides everything, including the app icon on the screen. Other 2 still show info when you turn on the screen

And if you go

Settings - Security & Lockscreen - Lockscreen Preferences - On Lockscreen

Will that give you an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,375 ✭✭✭roosterman71

And if you go

Settings - Security & Lockscreen - Lockscreen Preferences - On Lockscreen

Will that give you an option?

No such options in "Settings - Security & Lockscreen"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Any major disadvantages to buying the Chinese version from eGlobal Central at €446 / €474 for the 128GB / 256GB?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/oneplus-7t-hd1900-8gb-128gb-dual-sim-glacier-blue-cn-ver-with-flashed-os.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Any major disadvantages to buying the Chinese version from eGlobal Central at €446 / €474 for the 128GB / 256GB?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/oneplus-7t-hd1900-8gb-128gb-dual-sim-glacier-blue-cn-ver-with-flashed-os.html

I bought the 256gb 7T from HonorBuy back in November and everything has been great. I wanted the larger capacity and think the only way to get that is a Chinese version, that and it was still much cheaper.

• Advertisement

xtal191 wrote: »
    I bought the 256gb 7T from HonorBuy back in November and everything has been great. I wanted the larger capacity and think the only way to get that is a Chinese version, that and it was still much cheaper.

Sweet, thanks. If you don't mind, couple questions below

What kind of charger did you get?
    Any reason for honorbuy vs. eglobal?
    Flashing the global rom easy? I used to do this years ago with Odin (?) but haven't done anything like that in a while.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Sweet, thanks. If you don't mind, couple questions below

What kind of charger did you get?
    Any reason for honorbuy vs. eglobal?
    Flashing the global rom easy? I used to do this years ago with Odin (?) but haven't done anything like that in a while.

Thanks!

2 Pin charger but still works fine. It already came with global rom installed but its meant to be very very easy to install. I'm pretty sure they come flashed withe global roms from eGlobal too.

I only chose Honorbuy because of delivery time, I ordered on a Monday evening and had it on the Thursday. I'm sure eGlobal would be fine though, I just needed it quickly at the time.

Thanks.

Ordered the 256GB from eGlobal last night. Little bit of an impulse purchase tbh but thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Gun Monkey

Thanks.

Ordered the 256GB from eGlobal last night. Little bit of an impulse purchase tbh but thanks for the advice.

I bought my OnePlus 7 from eglobal last December, arrived by courier within 5 or 6 days as far as I can remember, it had the global rom installed, came with the adapter for the charger and the free case. It's been working faultlessly since, has updated twice, its the best phone I've ever had and best of all it was hundreds cheaper than buying direct from manufacturer. Can't remember the exact price difference now but it was a lot, as I say, hundreds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

€399 new is my tipping point so hopefully with Oneplus reducing the cost of the 7t on their website we are approaching that soon!

• Advertisement

reni10 wrote: »
    €399 new is my tipping point so hopefully with Oneplus reducing the cost of the 7t on their website we are approaching that soon!

You've another €140 to go so might be a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

OnePlus are launching a new budget friendly phone any day now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I've the OP5. Would the camera be a huge upgrade on the 7T as it would be one of my main incentives to buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Are dual sims available with the 7T ? Cannot seem to find any online

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

You've another €140 to go so might be a while yet.

€47 to go, it's €446 at eglobal at the moment...

reni10 wrote: »
    €47 to go, it's €446 at eglobal at the moment...

If people want to buy from eGlobal they can but you're buying an out of region phone from a company who won't provide any warranty.

If anything happens to an out of region device the manufacturer won't want anything to do with it.

I'd rather pay a bit more and be guaranteed it'll be repaired or replaced under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Tony wrote: »
    Are dual sims available with the 7T ? Cannot seem to find any online

All OnePlus phones are dual SIM,

Best quality phones and value I'm a total convert ever since one plus 3t and now on OnePlus 7 pro.

My work phone is Samsung and have say OnePlus are far superior in reliability

FYI, I ordered from eGlobal Central EU 7 days ago with no updates since that time. I paid for the insured delivery. Mailed them yesterday to ask for an update. Got an email this morning to say it's being dispatched today.

This is the trade off for lower prices I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

The only thing that stops me going OnePlus is the camera.
    I have a Pixel XL2 and the camera is just so good. I was going to wait for the Pixel 4A but even the rumoured specs and features are nowhere near as good as the OP7T, even if the 7T is 100 euro more.
    If you get the Google Camera APK on the 7T, is the picture quality on par with the Google Pixel?

I've a OP5 but thinking of going for the 3A or 4A for the camera?

Would I be missing much on say 7T vs 3A or 4A?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

Price cut to €539 direct from OnePlus.
    Good price if you include it has UK 3-pin charger & full warranty.

Chinese based phones will have no/limited warranty & 2-pin charger.
    Warp UK charger is €30 bought separately

Would the 7T camera be close to the Pixel 3A or 4A in terms of quality?

ongarite wrote: »
    Price cut to €539 direct from OnePlus.
    Good price if you include it has UK 3-pin charger & full warranty.

Chinese based phones will have no/limited warranty & 2-pin charger.
    Warp UK charger is €30 bought separately

I posted about that the other day. It's out of stock though but I messaged One Plus and they said they are in the process of restocking the phone.

FYI, I ordered from eGlobal Central EU 7 days ago with no updates since that time. I paid for the insured delivery. Mailed them yesterday to ask for an update. Got an email this morning to say it's being dispatched today.

This is the trade off for lower prices I guess.

Still no sign of the phone. Awful, abject customer experience with this website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Still no sign of the phone. Awful, abject customer experience with this website.

Any tracking from them?

You get what you pay for. Some people don't have any problems with eGlobal and others get nothing but hardship.

I ordered off them once and never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Taking your life in your hands dealing with Eglobal. Sent me a broken phone then accused me of breaking it. Sent it back they then claimed it worked fine, which was a load of crap. i had video evidence but they still wouldnt refund me, I had to go through charge back with my bank to get my money back, which they did not fight, but still meant I had to wait near 3 months to resolve the issue, horrendous customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭the goon

The 7T is £469 on amazon.co.uk at mo which at current exchange rate is circa €524. Thinking about taking the plunge as not sure if OnePlus were just getting rid of last few units they had in stock at the €539 price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XHHKMKV/

the goon wrote: »
    The 7T is £469 on amazon.co.uk at mo which at current exchange rate is circa €524. Thinking about taking the plunge as not sure if OnePlus were just getting rid of last few units they had in stock at the €539 price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XHHKMKV/

Would you not wait for the Pixel 4A?

• Advertisement

brightkane wrote: »
    Any tracking from them?

FYI, it arrived about 20 mins after this post :o

Good phone, not a major jump forward from the 6 I had as far as I can see. Find the on screen fingerprint thing a bit of a pain, the one on the rear of the 6 seemed to work better.

Advertisement