Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hard life

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

LeYouth wrote: »
    My life is going grand. I'm not married no children no debt. No pressure!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭blade1

14, sent out to earn a crust to feed my kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."

Basically this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

blade1 wrote: »
    14, sent out to earn a crust to feed my kids!

Amateur - you should have sent them up the chimneys and lived off their earnings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

37, coincidental but true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Ultrflat wrote: »
    JBP? I've no idea who that is :o.

I think being honest with your self is so important, and for a long time I wasn't I just hid away. I meet my X on a similar site we had a good relationship but it had run its course. :) I don't think being reliant on some one else to make you happy is a little shall we say foolish. You need to be happy with you. But if some one is making you unhappy I think you need to walk away.

Making your bed I got from a speech I listen to at times. by Admiral William H. McRaven if that's what you were referring too?
    No, Jordan B Peterson! I'm very glad it wasn't that dope you got it from, I completely forgot he reappropriated it. It's solid advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I bet your a feckin Swan now :D

You've some neck on you. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

kowloon wrote: »
    You've some neck on you. :mad:

I'm just spreading my wings. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 24,931 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I'm just spreading my wings. :o

You are both quackers.

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    You are both quackers.

Quite the pecking order here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Now

• Registered Users Posts: 27 StolenKrone

Fourteen... all downhill thereafter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Does the OP delete all his own posts and then everyone just carries on or does a mod do it? In either case, what is the reasoning behind this? I see it a lot with just this poster.

If any of you feels down.... Seriously look up Hale and pace on YouTube.,

It will bring you back to life....

If you come back and tell me it's not funny then there is no fixing you....

Does the OP delete all his own posts and then everyone just carries on or does a mod do it? In either case, what is the reasoning behind this? I see it a lot with just this poster.

I seen this when new gdpr rules came in... Peeps requested remove of data ... Then everything was removed but their name used on post...

Gdpr has ruined all the fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭dinorebel

The day I read your first thread on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭Tork

I am an old woman now, with one foot in the grave and the other on its edge. I have experienced much ease and much hardship from the day I was born until this very day. Had I known in advance half, or even one-third, of what the future had in store for me, my heart wouldn't have been as gay or as courageous it was in the beginning of my days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

@ punisher
    Well then why does he make several posts a day if he is just going to ask for them to be deleted?
    Besides unless you post your personal data it doesn't fall under GDPR rules. Asking about "wimmin" and life in Ireland etc hardly counts as special category personal data, esp as he posts it himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

In my last few days when I get the covid.

Sure ... But if you do have the Covid I care as much about you as you do about other people.

• Advertisement

@ punisher
    Well then why does he make several posts a day if he is just going to ask for them to be deleted?
    Besides unless you post your personal data it doesn't fall under GDPR rules. Asking about "wimmin" and life in Ireland etc hardly counts as special category personal data, esp as he posts it himself.

Could be just Special....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I love my life. :) Easy Peasy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

When I started employment aged 22 with mental health illnesses. 5 years later I have spent much of that time unemployed, work is hard enough for a healthy mind never mind someone who is riddled with anxiety. It makes life not worth living.

When I started employment aged 22 with mental health illnesses. 5 years later I have spent much of that time unemployed, work is hard enough for a healthy mind never mind someone who is riddled with anxiety. It makes life not worth living.
    Gosh Im so sorry!:o

Tork wrote: »
    I am an old woman now, with one foot in the grave and the other on its edge. I have experienced much ease and much hardship from the day I was born until this very day. Had I known in advance half, or even one-third, of what the future had in store for me, my heart wouldn't have been as gay or as courageous it was in the beginning of my days.

You can **** right off with that, I'm getting enough flashbacks without Peig.

I'm sorry your going through that, there are plenty of services you can avail of that are free. Who can offer you both support and advice but also direct you to places to get help, it may take some time given the current issues but these lines and sites are there for people like you and me. Once you talk you'll be surprised how easy it is and how uplifting it can be.

Awares number is: 1800 80 48 48 Monday to Sunday 10 am to 10pm https://www.aware.ie/

Pieta House: 1800 24 72 47 or you can text 51444 https://www.pieta.ie/contact/

Grow : 1800 47 47 74 www.grow.ie they also have weekly meetings.

There's a couple of sites called

www.Turn2me.org
    www.iacp.ie
    www.shine.ie

I hope these help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Its non stop. :rolleyes:

get ready for another dating/sex thread today ….. :confused: :rolleyes:

Just have a look in the "Gentlemans Club " ….. ffs !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

At what age did you learn just how arduous/difficult life was?

For me it was the other way around. There was an age when I realised it was not as arduous and difficult as I had lounged around feeling sorry for myself thinking it was. I changed a few small things about myself and my perspective on life and things have gotten steadily and seriously better ever since. I guess around 22/23 I grew up and got over myself.

Like the impression I get from most (all?) of your posts - I used to sit around blaming life and the world - moaning about the hand I was dealt - how some people had it better than me - and that life was unfair because it was not simply handing me the things I felt in my privilege I deserved to have - or that the deck was stacked against people with my size/shape/looks/education/background or some other arbitrary attribute I had decided to fixate on that morning.

The phrase "Life is what you make it" is trite but not entirely without some meaning. I have seen people dealt the most arduous hands in life who have risen up and made the most of it and in doing so inspired others - and I have seen people handed everything on a platter who wallow in depression and inefficacy and obscurity and meaninglessness. And everything in between.

So you can probably try and get on with it - or you can sit around blaming things like "Virginity Shaming" for why you are not getting the things you want I suppose.

Everyone who reads this post ..I hope you have a lovely life. I hope you radiate lovely energy and are surrounded by people who do the same.

I hope you always have your worldly financial needs met with abundance. I hope you are happy content and full of joy.

• Advertisement

Pieta House: 1800 24 72 47 or you can text 51444 https://www.pieta.ie/contact/

Always be careful with the spelling of Pieta when recommending it by name, Pietta is a firearms manufacturer. :D

Advertisement