Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 broadband issues new router

Options
  • 12-05-2020 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Folks,
    I have had mobile broadband with 3 for a long time and recently my old Huawei B525 supplied by 3 was damaged and I replaced with a TPLink D380 not from 3. I can use the Internet fine once the device is connected via Lan. The wifi will occasionally work but usually it works for a short time and you get authentication error or cant be found at all. If anyone can suggest any solution it would be much appreciated. I have contacted 3 and they haven't been all that helpful as from their point of view the network/sim element is working fine so not inclined to help.
    If any one has the router settings for 3 not just the APN but the authentication type etc. Would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭grimeire

The tp link may not be the issue but I will just give you some of the experiences I had with them.

In total over the years I had a number of TP link products including homeplugs, mobile broadband routers, access points etc.... And I found they are the biggest pieces of crap you will ever buy I did not have a good experience with a single one of them. If a friend or family member has a issue with a TP link device I no longer look at it and just say replace it. Spent hours upon hours trouble shooting there crap products to no avail. I considered them so bad I would not buy anything of theirs regardless of the price.

If you can bring it back, get a huawei router that actually works.

FYI its been years since I actually trouble shooted an issue with a tp device but I would be very surprised if they were no longer crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 deckymac591

Grimeire,

Thanks for the reply. It looks like the years have not been kind to TP. and they are still pieces of crap. This one wasn't that cheap either. I have since tried the sim in a friends huawei and it works fine. I have changed every setting in the TP and still no luck. So I concur with your opinion and will be avoiding in the future. Lesson learned.

Advertisement