Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay not letting seller send to my address

Options
  • 17-05-2020 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure how it all works on the selling side of things, but I'm trying to buy something from someone on Ebay, and he has a bit of a conundrum with his account/location.

He is in Ireland, using his own eBay account, which is a UK account. For whatever reason, eBay is not letting him sell me an item because it says it can't be sent to my address.

It's kinda frustrating. Is there anything I can do on my end? Like can I give him a bogus address but still tell him the real address?

He's after messaging me there saying he's really confused as he recently sold an item to someone in Dublin.

(UPDATE) Bought it off him privately. It was just quicker that way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I think he tried to do that but it still isn't working. Here are the postage details;

sXJ3Edc6YdJ-cRWTe6wFcqQpgwFtKHKixiIT6IbJ0bG1zJaOgoqkHZ_IuA8U11W2KQUOp20w1HB1FHwT8COprHZBmHL694VHx_GnKxzTJ5VnkYPx73FjXrXj3yI8dxR4RfeGFFWU2BQim0KHg5BzcAgZs5SBrYZobdrByVeVGL_-Q7dJD_Yn-100toZlAo0iI7sNsftQplmjIkBBngTXHXja0ax-Omvcu1wH4Eg-bEpGLeYdSkplJ0MUo-2tJEK4VdF7Qg_hUz2b7M8933SbX87peY9Smm68Eo3fWc6l4eSZ51trSfaHZT74WHHaqOh5jsr-QB3oFaqWCPeFUyVsm3Z4zahITTIzt-aq00LszRtpueCrA6-izM7EJdOZAG3mGdY7bMXdKhpFMsYBFpZuerdT4JGQYDGv9-x4uglzAYMOgzTSFRUW3makH3O4HuijoLW42m4h6eD65cu0fW6bBEXIWGWIcIlIt5A8YprvolIOLOCbn7kV12s_6sH0zHsW6iDPCKuBgR1g8npx_55x6yCAtqgDhnI9BGHVUPV_Nfub_atUBCxnsegNBnzDTXIjxaUc79U_f2lZna0pUZgJXCCCli2pC5PzXXwzzJDKXCX_Svv0SRJz4cE3NzIu5mmSirnqCv8bPTHo0d_p-7PP2t0M3wt8mmiP7LnhyQLCUvzwlBJKj_Y2xxWXvO5G=w1007-h156-no?authuser=0

FcPrX2GxhS9kAPqz_tDDDvEQQRHQhw0mMa7U5Ht4EBRA9o-e4QlmqVMmYHbcEgUgNmoZjihuSt6d1QePLCJTdB37T-3MWIP1_Bw9csVRFj4wIBfxnHCzDcy1ALe_ANgfh7sZ719MbxpyCAHMl1LlBUdq6zocaaGPXCycPSLHaDw-YkHMH54xKV0Uw8c15S7GdlTZ4yqkTRno0Q8DtuiPiq8RRsSsqRxsXkU23GU-anmaEQe3o_FeMhZOVBluAjnh173DQKW6vjtReL6T9G-zYVo6MPtPx0ZlubswgurklNaEA9UDAGkrhZPsmsTlcNlln80BT1ootj8nwSDadbQytCt0qbBnoMqBL2yKKBXT-MYJ7W546lNXuFLUIH9eZoTLPw5O3uKwlKbPsr_O8khe_SIdldhXMa4XbLwunQBz9Y0lARJzHGY0Y4i-D6XqAuSCW70GTr4zmq2_95qwkv2qzDQkKGTYVqZZbWSj7vpkUiCk4lTVkXwVule5ZAmf93oPSaT1t-4k4VYlFZVTGhPyZ8fNMSgkrLIwOiChOBG9CR8ciKKHH4uxhMiGkMVLowAvYkTxWMpP-IsTOSmTkkD3Dl42WdenaKQnW5jL4e0DquIDEyzXeGuPhQButDQ01IquFA_QZWVW0lr2GTdTRzC_OwuELo_oLW1Fct1vCUQa-K9x6PInEdcHYusoz6sY=w275-h86-no?authuser=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

He's doing it wrong, tell him to edit the listing, go to postage section and add international postage, then choose Ireland and add a cost.

I can understand completely that Irish sellers use co.uk over .ie, but it does annoy me the amount of them who won't take the extra 5 seconds to pick Ireland as a postage destination and add a cost

It's weird. I dunno.

We've agreed to do the transaction away from Ebay. Too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It's weird. I dunno.

We've agreed to do the transaction away from Ebay. Too much hassle.

If you trust them then that's fine but remember if you buy privately you are open to being scammed. Is it an expensive item?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Ebay is all about the addresses (buyer) and shipping terms (seller).

Seller needs to add international shipping and give cost. Sounds he did add option for international shipping but didnt actually specify the cost. What I usually do is I get a reasonable quote and round up a bit and call that my international standard rate for that destination country.

What eBay wanted you guys to do here is you request a total from the seller. Seller gets a shipping quote and tells you the total. You pay that all good.

• Advertisement

If you trust them then that's fine but remember if you buy privately you are open to being scammed. Is it an expensive item?

Not at all it's €20. I'm aware of the risks. The item in question is a video game. Very widely available, it's just this particular version is the only one being sold in Ireland. He originally had a bulk of games he was selling as one and I asked if he'd be willing to sell one of them seperately as it was the only one I was missing.

He agreed to do so, and then we ran into these issues.

So after back and forth and getting nowhere I agreed to do a private sale. He replied;

At this stage, yes it would be easier, I'll be honest I've had enough of eBay at this point myself. If you're happy to trust me on this then yes we have the eBay correspondence up to now. I've attached my PayPal email as an image, pay and send me your address and I'll pull down the listing and post it tomorrow.

They really need to sort themselves out...

I'd know if it was a scam, I'm not great at spotting it, but this lad does appear very genuine.

Then again, if I get scammed, then I'm scammed 2 chippers-worth.

I'll learn my lesson if I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

seller most likely made mistake when doing listing theres tons of boxes regarding worldwide delivery countries to select prior placing listing.

cant ask to deliver to false address etc, as seller would lose any protection from ebay, even thou it does not really help much either-way, but sellers do have to send to address listed on paypal invoice.

that said if seller is willing they should be able to see where the issue lies and either correct existing listing or create new one.

as regards to prohibited items, message should be shown to buyer prior purchase that item cant be delivered to their country, thus blocking from making purchase, as ebay pick up on keywords and automatically block purchase.

as i see above if two of you agreed on private sale theres no issue seller still faces risk of getting scammed actually as buyer can open case with paypal any time, and sellers usually always end up out of pocket, so no one really will risk 20quid to scam you, as postage alone will be close to 3-5e. on bog standard an post non tracked mail.

scamalert wrote: »
    seller most likely made mistake when doing listing theres tons of boxes regarding worldwide delivery countries to select prior placing listing.

cant ask to deliver to false address etc, as seller would lose any protection from ebay, even thou it does not really help much either-way, but sellers do have to send to address listed on paypal invoice.

that said if seller is willing they should be able to see where the issue lies and either correct existing listing or create new one.

as regards to prohibited items, message should be shown to buyer prior purchase that item cant be delivered to their country, thus blocking from making purchase, as ebay pick up on keywords and automatically block purchase.

it would be weird if the item was on a list of prohibited items or keywords as it's a video game from a series of games I've been buying for years. In fact I bought the same game from a different console last week, so it'd be really, really bizarre if it was prohibited, then again this whole thing was bizarre anyway so god knows.

I've bought it privately off him instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

it would be weird if the item was on a list of prohibited items or keywords as it's a video game from a series of games I've been buying for years. In fact I bought the same game from a different console last week, so it'd be really, really bizarre if it was prohibited, then again this whole thing was bizarre anyway so god knows.

I've bought it privately off him instead.
    if thats screenshot above to go by it seems seller didnt specify postage options for Ireland, most likely international postage section where one has to select what type of envelope package and cost will be charged.

as i do sell bits on ebay and its a **** show to be seller from Ireland, simply aint worth the hassle, with AnPost and ebay costs its f all business, given amount taxed and, time wasted for few euro returns.

in other words buying off site and paying with paypal as said is still riskier on seller, as buyers get protection no matter what, and in general people wont go ripping off anyone for 20euro.

scamalert wrote: »
    if thats screenshot above to go by it seems seller didnt specify postage options for Ireland, most likely international postage section where one has to select what type of envelope package and cost will be charged.

as i do sell bits on ebay and its a **** show to be seller from Ireland, simply aint worth the hassle, with AnPost and ebay costs its f all business, given amount taxed and, time wasted for few euro returns.

in other words buying off site and paying with paypal as said is still riskier on seller, as buyers get protection no matter what, and in general people wont go ripping off anyone for 20euro.

Yeah, it shouldn't be so separate either. Ebay.co.uk should work the exact same way as Ebay.ie, so on and so forth. Thank god I hate the idea of selling off my things 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

No if you pay with PayPal.

grogi wrote: »
    No if you pay with PayPal.

It was paypal I paid with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Yeah, it shouldn't be so separate either. Ebay.co.uk should work the exact same way as Ebay.ie, so on and so forth. Thank god I hate the idea of selling off my things 😂

Sell your things and use the proceeds to buy better things.

Sell your things and use the proceeds to buy better things.

What do you mean?

Arrived this morning, exactly what he had described on the original listing. Delighted.

Advertisement