Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 - help needed

Options
  • 16-05-2020 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Quick question. I have a psn account that my son uses, but I have my own account on the same PS4.
    I am trying to see how do I use online chat while in my own. Account, the one that does not directly have psn/ps+.

I know you can use the setting, account, make primary PS4. But when I switch used to my account it says I need to sign in to psn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Hi,
    Quick question. I have a psn account that my son uses, but I have my own account on the same PS4.
    I am trying to see how do I use online chat while in my own. Account, the one that does not directly have psn/ps+.

I know you can use the setting, account, make primary PS4. But when I switch used to my account it says I need to sign in to psn

If I'm getting what you're saying here I think you'll need to buy a PS subscription for your account as well. Your son's PS+ will only work on his account.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

If I'm getting what you're saying here I think you'll need to buy a PS subscription for your account as well. Your son's PS+ will only work on his account.

Yes, I think, even though multiple sources online say you can use ps+ on all accounts once you have it on one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

PS+ on one account allows all accounts on same console online access.

You have to sign in to use online features.
    Once signed in you can set up a party.

Advertisement