Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭joebre

Major correction on my previous post. I was quoted 1,799 Sterling and a Euro option. Checked on Paypal and thought it was cheaper there.
    It was not and Paypal screwed me for €50 extra on the conversion rate.
    Was going to cancel the Paypal transaction and pay the Euro rate directly ?
    Does anybody know if that can be done ?

joebre wrote: »
    Major correction on my previous post. I was quoted 1,799 Sterling and a Euro option. Checked on Paypal and thought it was cheaper there.
    It was not and Paypal screwed me for €50 extra on the conversion rate.
    Was going to cancel the Paypal transaction and pay the Euro rate directly ?
    Does anybody know if that can be done ?

Could I ask you to look at your invoice and see what rate of Vat you were charged please ?

Lurching wrote: »
    That's a bit strange.
    I ordered from the German site in March.
    It may have helped that I got my wife to converse with them in German though.
    There was no talk of VAT rates or anything.

Could I also ask you to look at your invoice and see what rate of Vat you were charged please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Could I also ask you to look at your invoice and see what rate of Vat you were charged please ?

19%

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Could I ask you to look at your invoice and see what rate of Vat you were charged please ?

19% here too. Didnt make a difference in my case though as I was just quoted the German price + the German price for the installation kit. Now that I look at the invoice it states 19% vat

• Advertisement

19%

That's the German rate.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭BobBobBobBob

Anyone on here hear of Yard Force X100i?

Only found a few review on them. DDOM20 will get you 20% discount.

I have a 700msq garden and looking to buy my first robot lawn mover.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Hello,

Has anyone seen any shop renting a wire laying machine to use for a 430x?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Hello,

Has anyone seen any shop renting a wire laying machine to use for a 430x?

Generally dont rent them, as the rep likes to do it & charge

• Registered Users Posts: 19,880 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

folks sorry im sure its been covered before, my dad has just got a rob r600, his lawn is straightforward but big, may 750sq/m.

whata should he be scheduling for cutting time and number of days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Cyrus wrote: »
    folks sorry im sure its been covered before, my dad has just got a rob r600, his lawn is straightforward but big, may 750sq/m.

whata should he be scheduling for cutting time and number of days?

Having set mine up there again after a year I set it to run from 9am to 10pm seven days a week. That was just over a week ago. Grass is in good nick . Il change it now to two cycles afternoon and evening probably 12 to 4 and 8 to 12. 3 days per week every second day.

It's trial and error for everyones lawn. They aren't the same. I'd say he should play around with it after setting it in for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I am between the Husqvarna 430x and the Worx Landroid L2000. Biggest plus for the Worx is the much lower pricetag and the better edge cutting. Other than that I am not really sure where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭BobBobBobBob

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I am between the Husqvarna 430x and the Worx Landroid L2000. Biggest plus for the Worx is the much lower pricetag and the better edge cutting. Other than that I am not really sure where to go.

I'm looking at the Worx Landroid M700 (WR142E) too. Price and better edge cutting as you said is a very attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

I'm looking at the Worx Landroid M700 (WR142E) too. Price and better edge cutting as you said is a very attractive.

From my experience, none of them will work all the way up to an edge (unless its a low edge the mower can run over). You'll still need to do some strimming either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭Tails142

From my experience, none of them will work all the way up to an edge (unless its a low edge the mower can run over). You'll still need to do some strimming either way.

I have the m700, it's working fine and i'd reccomend it. If you have a low edge you might be able to adjust the guide wire to cover it but I have about an inch that's left growing at the edge, still I think it's better than a machine with the blades in the middle. I got the ACS accessory so it dodges kids toys and objects etc around the garden.It cost me about 800 for the mower and the add on.

My brother in law has a 430x and its obviously got some nice features but nothing that makes a substantial difference in my opinion.

When a reliable model comes out with LiDar so it's not just randomly pathing around the garden that will be the game changer.

Happy with m700, couldn't justify paying any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

Just have a new lawn (finally) laid and need to decide on brand of robotic mower. Lawn is big (4,000 sq.m.) but gently sloping and curves around house meaning that the mower will not have to cross paths or roads etc.

Was quoted almost the exact same price including installation and kit for both the Husqvarna Automower 450X and the Wiper F50S.

Is there anything in particular that should swing my decision either way?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭KCross

rebelreded wrote: »
    Just have a new lawn (finally) laid and need to decide on brand of robotic mower. Lawn is big (4,000 sq.m.) but gently sloping and curves around house meaning that the mower will not have to cross paths or roads etc.

Was quoted almost the exact same price including installation and kit for both the Husqvarna Automower 450X and the Wiper F50S.

Is there anything in particular that should swing my decision either way?

I dont have personal experience of the F50S but some things to consider...

- I dont see any mention of guide wire support on the F50s. Does it have it? And more importantly will you need them? Looking ahead could you possibly have a fence that it might need to navigate around etc where guide wires would be necessary. If the plan is to leave the entire 4000 sq.m as one open area then you will be ok but consider it.

- Do you have a local supplier that will be able to deal with any warranty issues and give software updates as you will need that.

- The F50s seems to be a bit louder than the 450x (66dBA vs 59dBA). 66dBA isnt bad but considering it will be around the house for hours on end I think it would be a good idea to hear it in real life before shelling out the cash.

Other than that the spec looks good. Both will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭insular1

septicsac wrote: »
    I have the Husky 450x and have electric fences up in different places during the year, including crossing guide wires etc and never had any interference at all, mine are buried maybe that makes a difference?

Just wanted to update on this. Septicsac was absolutely correct. Went back to move the guide wire closer to the electric fence as was annoyed by strip of grass not getting cut and discovered not one but two points where I had the wire joined with connectors (one due to a break and the other due to the original wire not being long enough for my set up) were the source of the issue. Both loose connections that miraculously worked when I moved the wire in, possibly due to less tension in the wire? Any way replaced these with new connectors and little Grassy is running away without issues despite the electric fence being on. So my mistake on that and thanks for all the input again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭Thud

Got the worx L2000, if laid right it will cut to the edge, it have it laid up to several walls and except for a few stray blades close to the wall its cutting right up to it.

Running for two weeks now and handling 1800m2 (uneven) lawn no problem. €1250 from myrobotcenter
    Got some extra wire and pegs from Genisys on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

insular1 wrote: »
    Just wanted to update on this. Septicsac was absolutely correct. Went back to move the guide wire closer to the electric fence as was annoyed by strip of grass not getting cut and discovered not one but two points where I had the wire joined with connectors (one due to a break and the other due to the original wire not being long enough for my set up) were the source of the issue. Both loose connections that miraculously worked when I moved the wire in, possibly due to less tension in the wire? Any way replaced these with new connectors and little Grassy is running away without issues despite the electric fence being on. So my mistake on that and thanks for all the input again!

Got to show the wife the bit about ne being correct :) Good to hear its sorted

• Advertisement

My 315x was shipped from Roboexpert on Tuesday and is arriving today.
    Doing a self install as soon as possible.
    Picture attached showing a gravel bed along the entire perimeter on my lawn.
    In some places, the gravel is lower than the level of the lawn.
    How close can I run the wire to the edge of the lawn in order to get a close cut but avoid the mower falling into the gravel bed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

joebre wrote:
    My 315x was shipped from Roboexpert on Tuesday and is arriving today. Doing a self install as soon as possible. Picture attached showing a gravel bed along the entire perimeter on my lawn. In some places, the gravel is lower than the level of the lawn. How close can I run the wire to the edge of the lawn in order to get a close cut but avoid the mower falling into the gravel bed ?

Don't overly worry as if self install you can adjust cable as you learn if not buried. Useful on app there is a setting to maintain for number of cm to cut over boundary.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

joebre wrote:
    How close can I run the wire to the edge of the lawn in order to get a close cut but avoid the mower falling into the gravel bed ?
    Also an online pdf installation guide
    And a poxy little paper ruler guide for distancing from boundary

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭hero25

i reckon you could lay the cable under the stones rather than the grass. Its the rear wheels drive the mower so, IMO, in the couple of places where the stones may be lower than the lawn, my guess would be it'll manage it anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Do the Wheel Brushes for the Husqvarna 430x mower do a good job of keeping the wheels free from clumps of grass? I have a slope at the end of my lawn and the mower slips down sometimes. I'm also finding myself pulling grass from the front and back wheels every other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Bungusbeefcake

Hi All, I'm about to pull the trigger on an Ambrogio L350i in the next week or so for a self install on about 6,500m2. Has anyone used this site for purchasing machines? They seems to be some of the best prices for both machines and wire that I can see. I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions for other sites to pick up that mower for the same price. As you can understand, I'm apprehensive about spending 3,600 online without much experience with them myself.

www.grasrobots.be

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

If I get a Worx Landroid S300 how forgiving is it with bumps, holes, etc? I will have more perimeter than is provided. Is it possible to buy additional wire and connect? Can I locate the base unit at the gable of the house on a footpath that is level with the lawn?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

What is the largest lawn people are using these mowers on? I have different areas around my site, totally approx. 15k m2. Looking at some sites, I could 9k down to get something close to cutting that area.

Likely, I'll get an auto mower for maybe 5k m2 and cut the rest using a tractor mower (not all 'lawn' as it is reclaimed farmland). But I'm interested in hearing from anybody cutting a similar size. Would I be better getting two smaller units rather than a bigger one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭whippet

padraig.od wrote: »
    Do the Wheel Brushes for the Husqvarna 430x mower do a good job of keeping the wheels free from clumps of grass? I have a slope at the end of my lawn and the mower slips down sometimes. I'm also finding myself pulling grass from the front and back wheels every other day.

they are an absolute waste of time - I got a set and never bothered to replacement them as the made no difference.

Get the better wheels - made a big difference for me; but be careful if you have any tight turns on the guide wire as they may cut up the grass at that pinch point in wet weather - I needed to smooth out the guide wire route

https://www.husqvarna.com/ie/parts-accessories/installation/terrain-kit/581889702/?q=967853003

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Hi All, I'm about to pull the trigger on an Ambrogio L350i in the next week or so for a self install on about 6,500m2. Has anyone used this site for purchasing machines? They seems to be some of the best prices for both machines and wire that I can see. I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions for other sites to pick up that mower for the same price. As you can understand, I'm apprehensive about spending 3,600 online without much experience with them myself.

www.grasrobots.be

Thanks!

Hi
    I have this model and purchased locally a little over a year ago. Happy with the price, perform ance and installation. I'd say we have similar sizes. Did you get an all inclusive local price for comparison? I'd stress I have no link or commercial interest either way but I would like to have the local backup if not a huge difference in the cost.

Advertisement