Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,143 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Saw their e-mail, think I'm just going to roll it over, f**k getting into the booking queues again for them and e.p.

Is there that option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I checked my TM app and can't see any option to get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    Is there that option?

Hi all,

As you are probably aware Electric Picnic 2020 has had to be cancelled due to the ongoing issues surrounding COVID-19.

We will be back in 2021 for what will be the best Picnic to date. All our orders will automatically be rolled over to 2021, however, if you would prefer to cancel your order you are able to receive a full refund.

If you have paid a 50% deposit this will now be due in late July 2021.

Please be aware we are currently fully booked for 2020 and all orders will be opened up to those currently on our waiting list; we are not able to guarantee availability for 2021!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

I'm also happy to roll over the ticket and not have to worry about the hassle of trying to buy it next year. I presume that would also apply to the early entry tickets for the Thursday?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

If anyone does return their ticket for next year, I wonder would they just sell it back on again now? Im sure picnic would sell out, even a year and a bit in advance, given that it sells out as soon as they go on sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Annani

Sad it’s officially cancelled but glad they have given the option for a roll over for next year.

The demand will be huge next year to get a ticket especially for family.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Tickets for EP21 in the bag already! Yeeeeooowwwwww!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'm unsure what to do with the thread :D

Close + new thread for EP 2021?
    Leave open + new thread for EP 2021?
    Leave this thread as-is and just put 2021 in the title?

We've never been this prepared for EP!

EP 2020 ain't happening so either option A or option C with title 2020/2021?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Rollins has a very shady past so I wouldn’t be holding up him as some sort of hero

Give me bono at his most pontificating (if that’s a word!) than Henry Rollins scowling and roaring

U2 share royalties equally. And are still together 40 years later. Rollins was sued by former band mates. Says a lot.

I wasn't. I just find it amusing how much he hates them and is so public about it.

Was a fan of the U2 lads back in the day. I have the first single they ever pressed (12" U2-Three*, limited edition of one thousand. Mine is number 717 IIRC). I always found him a bit of a knob, but those early albums were excellent no doubt about it. I gave up once Rattle & Hum came around. They had some good stuff since then for sure, but I had lost interest tbh.

*https://irishrocknrollmuseum.com/new-donation-limited-edition-12-u2s-first-single-3/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I think we all need a fresh start....new thread I feel!

We need a new hope...Lewis calpaldi or not !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I hope the physical tickets are required for those that want a refund, as it would surely help those that bought them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Mucker46

I can rest easy knowing my ticket for ep 2021 is in the bag but a damn long wait for the first announcement. Was pretty sure from early on it wouldnt happen but as one of the highlights of my year it is sad now its confirmed. So many good gigs missed this year but a good few rescheduled so plenty to look forward to next year. Last gig i saw this year was Yonaka at grand social. Cracking gig but little did i know at the time that was it. Was a likely candidate for my gig of the year odds on now (fingers crossed for 1 or 2 more before year end). Stay safe and see you on the 2021 thread soon.

They would have to request physical tickets back, surely? Or else next year will have a ton of invalid tickets up for grabs.
    Would they not be issuing new tickets?
    Anyone that got two sets at christmas could be on a winner :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

They would have to request physical tickets back, surely? Or else next year will have a ton of invalid tickets up for grabs.

Didn't they already request some people to send physical tickets back? I got three sets of tickets a while back and then a letter asking me to send them back to be re-issued with the correct tickets.

nc6000 wrote: »
    Didn't they already request some people to send physical tickets back? I got three sets of tickets a while back and then a letter asking me to send them back to be re-issued with the correct tickets.
    But that was all for 2020 tickets.

I am guessing everybody that keeps them will be reissued with new 2021 tickets.
    I was just thinking out loud, that it would be good if those that were choosing the refund would have to send back their physical copies to get it.

I have no idea.. :)
    I'm just guessing that there would be new tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I can see how they’ll do reissuing for anyone who bought online simply enough

For anyone who purchased from physical outlets they’ll need to have some way for people to return tickets and receive new ones - or quote ticket serial numbers to request a 2021 ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

There will have to be some way to exchange tickets for 2021. Say I queued up at a Ticketmaster outlet and bought two tickets with cash - they've no way to contact me now with details of how to get a refund etc.

Snarky Snark Snark

Leave open till EP time (sob!), then kill it and we'll start anew.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Third option for me. Rename as EP 2021

• Advertisement

The longest EP thread ever :D
    Almost 4000 posts now, would it last?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

nc6000 wrote: »
    There will have to be some way to exchange tickets for 2021. Say I queued up at a Ticketmaster outlet and bought two tickets with cash - they've no way to contact me now with details of how to get a refund etc.

I bought two at a Ticketmaster outlet (Zhivagos) in Galway and one later online. At the outlet they took our names, addresses and telephone numbers, I assume for an eventuality like this. I also paid with a credit card as did most of the queue. Therefore exchanging tickets for next year shouldn't be an issue. To be honest I've not given it a though and nor shall I until July/August 2021.

Snarky Snark Snark

Suckit wrote: »
    The longest EP thread ever :D
    Almost 4000 posts now, would it last?

We broke it last year and had to split into a second thread, it went over 10,000.

We broke it last year and had to split into a second thread, it went over 10,000.
    Yeah, but this one would be two years long :), with the next one being 2022....

:eek: Christ.. When I wrote that it sank in.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Suckit wrote: »
    I hope the physical tickets are required for those that want a refund, as it would surely help those that bought them online.

Unless it was a cash sale I seriously doubt they are going to opt to take on even more admin work. Most likely the order number will be refunded to the card that paid, which is what happened when Eminem cancelled Slane in 2005.

Buying or selling on the secondary market is against their T&C so very unlikely they'll do anything to help, you'd need to follow up with the seller and hope they do the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 La.m

Does anyone know how to get a refund from Ticketmaster? I've looked everywhere on their website but no info? Are we just supposed to email them?

They really should have had the details of the refund scheme up on their website the moment they announced the cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭blackwhite

La.m wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to get a refund from Ticketmaster? I've looked everywhere on their website but no info? Are we just supposed to email them?

They really should have had the details of the refund scheme up on their website the moment they announced the cancellation.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

100% they'll issue out new 2021 tickets, but yes there will be some at the gates next year with 2020 tickets.

Do you think they'd give me a 2020 wristband if I asked :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'm thinking I might drive down on the Friday afternoon and have a solitary can sitting by the deserted Salty Dog while listening to a Doors/ Smith's playlist. Anyone watching closely might see a solitary tear quietly roll down my aged visage. To a plague free 2021, folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I'm thinking I might drive down on the Friday afternoon and have a solitary can sitting by the deserted Salty Dog while listening to a Doors/ Smith's playlist. Anyone watching closely might see a solitary tear quietly roll down my aged visage. To a plague free 2021, folks.

It just wouldn't be the same Still, I mean like you need to have a can for the walk to the salty dog as well as having a can at the salty dog!! :):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement