Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New food hall not going ahead?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Any idea how many workers currently use this space? In the Connacht Tribune/City?

Must be a fraction of 350
    "
    Ambitious plans by the PorterShed technology hub will see the creation of office space for 350 people on Market Street in the city.
    "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

That food hall idea surfaced a couple of times but never came to anything. Sounded amazing, would have been a great addition to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    That food hall idea surfaced a couple of times but never came to anything. Sounded amazing, would have been a great addition to the city.

Yeah thought the same and a great location being so central- I always though something like the English market in Cork would be so well suited to Galway, the markets are great in Galway but would be nice to expand the variety a bit given there is limited scope to expand the current weekend market in its current form.

Guess its another pipe dream, found it unusual how the plans faded away altogether, I would have thought between Bolands Quay, the new Ceannt Quarter (if this doesn't get shelved with all thats going on now) The Crown Square development and the McDonaghs office plans up in Ballybane their was ample Office supply coming on stream - albeit I appreciate this plan is for start up space which is slightly different..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

The full article in the Tribune said the food market was still going ahead. The hotel wasn’t mentioned at all.

The full article in the Tribune said the food market was still going ahead. The hotel wasn’t mentioned at all.

Very good! I am living up the east coast so only get the headlines / snippet from the tribunes website but thats brilliant news the food hall is still on the cards.

Wasn't overly keen on the hotel aspect in that location (proximity to all the bars and nightclubs etc wouldn't entice me to stay there if you were looking for a good night sleep)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Jammyd wrote: »
    Very good! I am living up the east coast so only get the headlines / snippet from the tribunes website but thats brilliant news the food hall is still on the cards.

It will be fantastic if it does go ahead. I’d be worried that planned projects might be shelved in the current climate but I think the market would have great support.

It will be fantastic if it does go ahead. I’d be worried that planned projects might be shelved in the current climate but I think the market would have great support.

Yeah fingers crossed this won’t be in the firing line after the Covid craziness dies down

Advertisement