Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starcraft Remasted - Anyone Playing?

Options
  • 10-05-2020 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

Recently decided to dust off the cobwebs and download Starcraft Remastered, needless to say I'm now hooked. I was surprised to find quite a lot of activity on Battle Net which almost brought a tear to the eye.

May be a long shot but curious if anyone is playing on Battle Net these days and fancies a game? Its free on the Blizzard website if anyone cares to nerd it up like old times.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bugs

Recently decided to dust off the cobwebs and download Starcraft Remastered, needless to say I'm now hooked. I was surprised to find quite a lot of activity on Battle Net which almost brought a tear to the eye :pac:

May be a long shot but curious if anyone is playing on Battle Net these days and fancies a game? Its free on the Blizzard website if anyone cares to nerd it up like old times.

Free? Last time I checked it was €14.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Dante

bugs wrote: »
    Free? Last time I checked it was €14.99.

You're right, I was talking nonense there. Turns out I already had it in my library from years ago and just re-downloaded it, hence why I thought it was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I had my fill on Starcraft back in its hayday, absolutely loved the Custom Maps scene, all I cared about... not the default gameplay. But that was almost 18 years ago since I last played... :p

I still play Starcraft 2 every now and then, and again for the Custom Maps... the custom scene of that game was awesome, despite player count has declined considerably.

Speaking of Remakes, there's word in the Rumor Mill that there'll be a Diablo 2 Remaster out this year.

What games are you playing? I used to love 1v1 in Starcraft 2. Is there ranks in starcraft 1?

What games are you playing? I used to love 1v1 in Starcraft 2. Is there ranks in starcraft 1?

I've been mainly playing 1v1's to try remember how things work. There is a ranked ladder in Remastered, although I haven't played enough games to try it yet. It works something like this - https://liquipedia.net/starcraft/StarCraft_Remastered_Ladder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Command and conquer remastered is being released soon also.
    Haven’t played on a pc or an RTS in 15 years but spent 3 years literally locked up in my room in my early 20’s on C&C generals.
    Good times.

XsApollo wrote: »
    Command and conquer remastered is being released soon also.
    Haven’t played on a pc or an RTS in 15 years but spent 3 years literally locked up in my room in my early 20’s on C&C generals.
    Good times.

I'm the same boat, haven't done any gaming at all in the past 10 years or so but with all this spare time courtesy of Covid19 I said I'd give it a bash.

Also pretty sure Command & Conquer (think it was C&C Gold) was the first game I ever played so would be pretty stoked for a remake.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm the same boat, I haven't done any gaming at all in the past 10 years or so but with all this spare time courtesy of Covid19 I said I'd give it a bash.

Also pretty sure Command & Conquer (think it was C&C Gold) was the first game I ever played so would be pretty stoked for a remake.

Already is on on Origin. Bargain price as well and includes pretty much every game in the series:

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/command-and-conquer/command-and-conquer-the-ultimate-collection

Advertisement