Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned form coronavirus football thread

Options
  • 05-05-2020 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

Also banned from the coronavirus. Would talk it with Steve but I know there is no point. Would like to complain about the pm he sent too. Bit immature, actually very.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Firstly, I reopened that thread following discussion with the soccer mods.

There were strict conditions attached to the re-opening:
    Ok, the thread is open on condition that this is in the common interests of soccer to discuss what happens next. Any sniping or trolling or tribalism will be met with a no questions asked removal of posting rights.

You subsequently posted this:
    RasTa wrote: »
    Feel sorry for Liverpool not really winning the league myself

Can you please explain how your post is not sniping / tribalism, or why you thought the conditions I posted did not apply to you?

Maybe what I posted was unclear or you did not understand it? How could I have made it clearer?

As regards the pm you sent me about how unhappy you are with this site and that you are going to set up your own and take all our users with you, yes my reply was maybe a bit scoffing and at the same time wishing you the best of luck with that. Yet you are here looking for access back to the place you dislike so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

First of all why you posting my pms without my permission? Also since you issued the ban, can I get a different admin to look since the complaint is about yourself?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Apologies, I have removed pm content, I assumed this was in DRP when I saw it.

Admins can still see my original post.

I'll let them deal with you now.

Trying to change something isn't disliking it btw.

I don't think what I posted out of all my posts in that thread are strong enough to warrant a thread ban.

I'm pretty busy in work atm so won't have time to go into detail until Sunday.

Can I post the PM's you sent me here since my complaint relates to yourself

RasTa wrote: »
    Can I post the PM's you sent me here since my complaint relates to yourself

No, same rules apply to both of us in this forum.

You can report them and admins will take a look.

tbh, threadbans should be in the DRP remit, ii would be easier.

• Advertisement

I've some issue with moderation leading to my thread ban so I just started it here when T.hanks had his one here and was being dealt with by Beasty

There is no need to report the PMs, but the tone of them has led me to believe that I am getting treated differently in that thread. Maybe an umbrage was taken up at my suggestion of starting up a breakaway forum when I asked
    A lot of unhappy posters this season with the modding in the forum. Not just United btw.

Before we break away and start our own forums like the poker forum did back in the day can we start the feedback thread now for some constructive criticism and why everyone is so pissed off.

Going to be at least 6 weeks before football is back

I've messaged Mike and mickeroo asking the same

Steve responded with
    Hi RasTa,

My short answer is no, you don't deserve it right now. It will only end up as another bickerfest.

Todays mod welcome thread was a perfect example that you and others cannot post like adults in a respectful way. It's an exasperating process to get people to give up their free time to deal with all the shÃ*t in the soccer forum. Sniping and tribalist remarks do not help in the slightest.

Quid pro quo.

Btw, feel to break away and start your own forum, let me know how that goes, I'd even sign up to it for the craic.. First thing you'll need is a good solicitor and good insurance for when you get sued. (not by boards, by your users).. Good luck with that.

Thanks,
    Steve.

c.c. soccer mods.

Then this is how I get notified of my thread ban by Steve
    Hey, have you got that site going yet? not seeing a drop in boards numbers yet, but may take a while. Best of luck.

BTW, do not post in the Football & Coronavirus thread again, you are thread-banned for this post.

He also CC's the mod team into our exchanges, including my PM's which seems a bit much and I believe led to getting an easier ban then other users. I thought there was a mod forum for that

For example this posts didn't even get any action
    The glee some of the posters in here are getting posting the number of cases and deaths in the UK day after day is disgusting. This place really has gone to shiite with the nastiness of some posters been shown.

Although tbh I don't think there is any point in quoting any users as this is about myself but there are numerous examples of stuff like above without thread bans issued and hence me appealing my ban.

I see he let MD1990 back into the thread and straight away back "some fans or posters stuff"
    fair to say some in this thread just don't enjoy football anymore.
    thanks & gstack would be the 2 who I think dont think enjoy football too much.

Didnt mention names at first because I wont be engaging in a back & forth.

Yet no action taken there? Although that's more of an issue with the moderation of the forum as a whole and the reason for wanting to start up a feedback thread in the first place. Which ironically when looking for these posts seems to have happened anyway.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Rasta

As mentioned by Steve, PMs cannot be posted here without the agreement of the counterparty. I therefore cannot approve your latest post

Steve, I can approve it if you agree

I've nothing to hide Beasty, sure, if it helps.

Also the post that got me thread banned I posted on the 30th of April, yet didn't get banned until the 4th of May. What was the reason for the delay in the ban?

What's up with the delay in this? I see other ones getting resolved in 24hrs and this is up for a week.

Although I don't really care that much anymore as it's good to see a few feedback threads now up in the SF.

But I'd like to get it resolved.

Oh and change the forum default to 40 posts per page!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement