Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places in Bray currently doing take away

Options
  • 06-05-2020 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

What food/ drink places in Bray are currently doing (responsible) take away? I know there are quite a few doing deliveries.
    I was down the harbour on the weekend and got a coffee and 99s for the kids in Dockyard - they had a very good one way system in place and it was nice to have a proper coffee for the first time in 2 months. They also do some limited food.
    A friend got some cocktails in Box Burger/ Platform too and they have a reasonably safe set up for this too. Not sure if they also have food for take away.
    I walked past Gino's and it was a mess. They had made a halfhearted effort to distance people queuing but it didn't work. People were all over each other, and I don't think there was any real protection for the staff there.
    Butler & Barry had a pop-up Rolling Doughnut, but we went past at 4 and he told us he sold out at 2.
    Noticed one of the ice cream places near Star was open too, maybe Teddy's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Rang Daata Tandoori at the halfway point of a Dog walk on the Seafront (very low tide, great flat sand bars and rockpool fun with the dogs) and collected the Takeaway on the homeward leg. Delish and I'm stuffed as a barsteward.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Skyfloater

Creole is doing takeaways.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I am not a fan of Gino's but Gelateria is still closed, but got an ice cream there the other day.

Didn't see anything wrong with set up. Separate entrances for Ice Cream and Crepes. Tape on ground outside and staff behind screens.

Only thing I saw wrong is customers ignoring signs and queuing across the prom rather than alongside the building.

Also the price of the ice- cream is horrifc for the quality. I paid €5.90 for two medium scoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've just noticed that Pink Salt are doing takeaways for collection, as are Chakra in Greystones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭fjon

A lot of these places "phone ahead" take away. Nothing wrong with that, but was just wondering where I could just show up and get a snack/ coffee/ ice cream. That reminds me I should give Creole a go, I still haven't eaten there and have heard many good things.

There's no way the marks outside Gino's are 2m apart. Even if they were, nobody was paying attention to them. Anyone walking the prom had to get past a disorderly mass of people waiting for their ice cream. The people queuing for crepes were blocking the other path coming from B&B.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Daithi101

Copper Straw on the main street are doing take way coffee and some pastries

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Creperie on Main Street doing Crepes.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement