Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weihrauch hw 97 kt

Options
  • 02-05-2020 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hello,has any body any experience with this rifle as I am thinking strongly of buying one.I have a theoben rapid 7 which I will be parting with soon because my Back is not the best and pumping it up to 200 bar is painful. Thanks lads and all the best.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭.243

im actually selling my 97kt to go to a pcp,i put a gas ram kit into it and it took the spring vibration out of it,its a serious one shot hitter,can be a bit on the heavy side if youre used to using pcp's,only reson i got rid is i need to turn the power down when inside sheds

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Bushwack

That sounds promising. Is it 22 or 177 and what pellets are you feeding it.You fitted a gas ram.I hear their very tunable all right.

Bushwack wrote: »
    That sounds promising. Is it 22 or 177 and what pellets are you feeding it.You fitted a gas ram.I hear their very tunable all right.
    .177, only ever h&n field target were tack drivers,

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

I had one a few years back, hard enough to cock as it was an fac rated one, but it accounted for a lot of crows and pigeons. As others have said its on the heavy side but a tack driver with the right pellets.
    A lot of info online and lads will argue that its the best springer available.
    Mine was .22
    Unless you really want that particular rifle, a pcp and air tank is the way to go.

nophd08 wrote: »
    I had one a few years back, hard enough to cock as it was an fac rated one, but it accounted for a lot of crows and pigeons. As others have said its on the heavy side but a tack driver with the right pellets.
    A lot of info online and lads will argue that its the best springer available.
    Mine was .22
    Unless you really want that particular rifle, a pcp and air tank is the way to go.

I can understand the rifle being hard to cock at fac power and that is steering me toward a 177 12fpe. I have a PCP at the moment and it's not working out for me now pumping it up and I really don't want the hassle or expense of an air tank . A few farmers get me to shoot vermin in the grain shead or from a hide so weight wont be an issue for me .I have a cz455 for walk about shooting.Thanks for the information. Accuracy seems to be a given with the hw 97 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭skipking

would you not just buy a dive tank for the theoben.

I can understand the rifle being hard to cock at fac power and that is steering me toward a 177 12fpe. I have a PCP at the moment and it's not working out for me now pumping it up and I really don't want the hassle or expense of an air tank . A few farmers get me to shoot vermin in the grain shead or from a hide so weight wont be an issue for me .I have a cz455 for walk about shooting.Thanks for the information. Accuracy seems to be a given with the hw 97 .

By all means go for it. I've taken dozens of pigeons from sheds with the weirauch, a perfect tool for the job. I'm guessing the 177 in 12fpe will be hard to come by. A thumb hole or synthetic stock might lessen the weight. Best of luck with it.

skipking wrote: »

No,I have been their before and when you need air in hurry the tank is usually near out and at the time no one was filling air near me so the local fire brigade would fill it but couldn't fill to capasity and I didn't like bothering them as they had enough to be doing but they never refused me all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

This is the better option.

Don't get me wrong, the HW97 is a work of art, but if you've already got a PCP then unless you're unhappy with the rifle itself, it's the hill pump that's your problem.

7L 300bar cylinder will have you sorted right out.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Agree with above.

Or even better a 12L tank.

Unless your firing massive volumes of pellets a tank will last an age.

Even when it is getting low on pressure it will keep you going (with less volume of pellets) until you can plan a refill.

HW97 is a great machine too!

• Advertisement

One thing is certain,you all agree the hw 97 is a good rifle and I take on board what your saying about charging the pnumatic rifle with a big cylinder. If I go with the 97 it will have to be .22 as I have been looking at the availability of .177 pellets which is poor compared to .22. In Ireland. I need to get a rifle in my hands so I can finally make my mind up. Thanks again lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Asus1

Lakelands shooting centre seem to be big into air rifles and also seem to have what your looking for
    https://www.lakelandsportssupplies.ie/clay-shooting/Guns/Air-Guns-159-110.html

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭slug gun

Another thumbs up for HW97. Mines the Blackline synthetic in .22. Powerful and accurate. Got it in Lakelands...they're the agents for Weihrauch here.

Asus1 wrote: »
    Lakelands shooting centre seem to be big into air rifles and also seem to have what your looking for
    https://www.lakelandsportssupplies.ie/clay-shooting/Guns/Air-Guns-159-110.html

Thanks for that.Its a 20 minute drive for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Thanks for that.Its a 20 minute drive for me.

Lakeland’s also supply and refill air tanks if you want to keep the PCP :)

Peppa Cig wrote: »

They do.. We will have to see. Won't know till I have a visit when ever the lock down ends,Thanks .

Peppa Cig wrote: »

They do.. We will have to see. Won't know till I have a visit when ever the lock down ends,Thanks .

I ended up with this little gem. It’s a game changer.

LOL, I was expecting to see an FX Impact or something.
    Endless supply of air, well done.

nophd08 wrote: »
    LOL, I was expecting to see an FX Impact or something.
    Endless supply of air, well done.

I will have to stick to the mfr for now. But maybe down the road something like an fx or a rapid airweapons hm 1000. The compressor fills the 280 cc bottle In 30 - 40 seconds so I would now be more inclined to put money in to a high end airrifle .

• Advertisement

where did you get the compressor often thinking of getting one.

where did you get the compressor often thinking of getting one.

Got it off eBay. It was shipped from Germany in 6 working days. If you get a compressor make sure it’s a yong heng. or tuxing as I believe their the best.

thanks will have a look now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

.243 wrote: »
    im actually selling my 97kt to go to a pcp,i put a gas ram kit into it and it took the spring vibration out of it,its a serious one shot hitter,can be a bit on the heavy side if youre used to using pcp's,only reson i got rid is i need to turn the power down when inside sheds
    Was there any hassle getting the gas ram to fit?
    Also are such part available here.?

Zxthinger wrote: »
    Was there any hassle getting the gas ram to fit?
    Also are such part available here.?
    Pretty straight forward,I got the v Mach kit from the uk,but it completely changes the gun for the better,one thing I will say is be prepared to not be using it indoors unless you want a colander roof,that’s the only reason I traded up to a pcp

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

Can you not adjust the gas ram?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tikkamark

Does that pump have an air dryer built in or do you need to purchase separately??

tikkamark wrote: »
    Does that pump have an air dryer built in or do you need to purchase separately??

It was advertised with water separator built in plus it has a filter on the end of the hose. You could also purchase a desiccant filter and set it up if you wanted. I have just filled the rifle buddy bottle a number of times and the filter is still clean I think if you use it for filling divers tank a desiccant filter would be the way to go. with longer usage time but I don't think its really ment for that. I will take the valve of the bottle in a few months and look in side the mfr action and update here if their is a problem with moisture contamination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

I will take the valve of the bottle in a few months and look in side the mfr action and update here if their is a problem with moisture contamination.

Don't do that, just invert the bottle periodically and let a blast out.

It'll be hydrotested when it's due for recertification in any case (don't even think of using it uncertified!!) and that's a full service job anyway.

• Advertisement

extremetaz wrote: »
    Don't do that, just invert the bottle periodically and let a blast out.

It'll be hydrotested when it's due for recertification in any case (don't even think of using it uncertified!!) and that's a full service job anyway.

It’s the rifle buddy bottle I am talking about. I don’t own divers tanks. I just fill the rifle straight from the compressor. Thanks.

Advertisement