Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IndyCar 2019

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

If Wickens gets an opportunity down the line to return to racing with the team then he has to look after himself and take it

Zak Brown has seriously gone down in my estimation over the treatment of Hinchcliffe, everyone knows it's due to fall-out of the McLaren/Honda F1 split and nothing like juvenile point-scoring than having Honda's star of their TV commercials binned without a drive, they should have been adding a third full-time car for Hinch if they were serious about competing with Penske/Andretti/Ganassi next season. I hope they fail

Great news about Penske buying IMS and the Indycar series, couldn't be in any safer hands to take things forward

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Sebastian Bourdais has left Dale Coyne racing - initially reported as being due to sponsorship issues. ...but now it appears that Honda pulled the plug on Bourdais as he didn't score them any manufacturer's points.

This would appear to open the seat for Hinch.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Infoanon wrote: »
    but now it appears that Honda pulled the plug on Bourdais as he didn't score them any manufacturer's points.

Which everyone is claiming is a bullshít excuse. His car was ineligible for the last four races of the season because he had to go to a fifth engine, and in several races he was the third or fourth best Honda (especially Barber, where he finished P3 on an all-Honda podium).

Not to mention it's a lot harder to score manu points when your team has 13 cars, versus 9.

Plus, why isn't Veach getting pulled? He scored no points all year, and that's despite being eligible for them in all races.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,482 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

TheChrisD wrote:
    Plus, why isn't Veach getting pulled? He scored no points all year, and that's despite being eligible for them in all races.
    Veach is 24, Seb is 40, that's why.

If you've got nothing to do this evening, there's another four hours of testing going on right now :pac:

• Advertisement

One week to St. Pete !

Rumours abounding about Nascar legend #48 Jimmy Johnson who is to test for McLaren at Barber AND the news that McLaren have acquired the right to use #48 in Indycar. ...

St Pete has been cancelled along with the first four races of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Harika

St Pete has been cancelled along with the first four races of the season.

Same weird strategy as F1, yesterday no attendance today cancelled. :mad:

It's the right thing to do, as much as I hate it. We have to be careful and get past this virus. I don't want to see anybody lose their lives to it.

eagle eye wrote: »
    It's the right thing to do, as much as I hate it. We have to be careful and get past this virus. I don't want to see anybody lose their lives to it.

Totally agree, so pick a strategy and stick with it. No left, right maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

I have race day tickets for the Indy 500. Flights and accommodation all booked as well. I’d say there’s no hope.

emeldc wrote:
    I have race day tickets for the Indy 500. Flights and accommodation all booked as well. I’d say there’s no hope.
    If everybody does the right thing and protects themselves then we can be clear of it all in six weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,098 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

If everybody does the right thing and protects themselves then we can be clear of it all in six weeks.

Yeah but trump ...... dont forget about him.

Looking at champions League, people were not allowed into the stadium so thousands gathered outside. Not gonna over anytime soon

It might be a bit simulated and a bit virtual, but we finally had some IndyCar racing earlier tonight :P

It was ok, not as good as the Nascar but better than nothing. If they had shots of the drivers and their set ups at home it would have been more interesting.
    I seen Jimmy Johnson's last Sunday, set up like an indycar for the Nascar race. Looks like he is moving to indycar next year.

Now confirmed by Zak Brown (McLaren ) that a test is being lined up for Jimmy Johnson.
    More surprisingly is the news that Jenson Button us due to test an Indycar with a view to competing on a road course.

The other piece of news emerging is that Alonso is/was scheduled to run the Indy road course race - the " was "is the race has been deferred ,the "is " is that the plan remains unchanged for the rescheduled race in July

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Now confirmed by Zak Brown (McLaren ) that a test is being lined up for Jimmy Johnson.
    More surprisingly is the news that Jenson Button us due to test an Indycar with a view to competing on a road course.

The other piece of news emerging is that Alonso is/was scheduled to run the Indy road course race - the " was "is the race has been deferred ,the "is " is that the plan remains unchanged for the rescheduled race in July

I think Jenson would be competitive in an indycar. Have to wonder is it an attempt to get Honda on side given his links to Honda?

Advertisement