Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Perfect draft users

• 15-06-2018 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi there. Was wondering if there are any fellow Irish users of the above beer dispensing unit by Phillips. If so I am keen to know where you source your 6 litre kegs from and if you have any issues with customs and excise charges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

saw load of those mini kegs in the UK in tesco/morrison etc but at about 18stg for a 6l keg its still very expensive. will be in france in 2 weeks will check the cost there

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rpmcmurphy

saw load of those mini kegs in the UK in tesco/morrison etc but at about 18stg for a 6l keg its still very expensive. will be in france in 2 weeks will check the cost there

Thank you. Do you remember what brands off hand you saw? Might be worth a trip up north!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Byrnezo

Hey OP,

I got one of these beauts as a Christmas present from herself and love it.

Did you ever figure out the best way to get the kegs? Parcel Motel/Addresspal won't send alcohol as I'm sure you now know.

Did you find a shop up north that does em? Like in Newry?

Happy New Year!

rpmcmurphy wrote: »
    Hi there. Was wondering if there are any fellow Irish users of the above beer dispensing unit by Phillips. If so I am keen to know where you source your 6 litre kegs from and if you have any issues with customs and excise charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rpmcmurphy

No. Its gathering dust at home
    Bought it brand new and only have put 4 kegs through it. Leffe blonde, kwak, leffe ruby and hoegaarden. Most sellers will only ship to UK address and as you mention parcel motel or equivalents will not carry alcohol. Such a shame. I expect even Brexit will severely restrict UK users in sourcing their 6litre kegs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 SheikhSteve

rpmcmurphy wrote: »
    No. Its gathering dust at home
    Bought it brand new and only have put 4 kegs through it. Leffe blonde, kwak, leffe ruby and hoegaarden. Most sellers will only ship to UK address and as you mention parcel motel or equivalents will not carry alcohol. Such a shame. I expect even Brexit will severely restrict UK users in sourcing their 6litre kegs.
    You can get them from Beerhawk (dotcodotuk)
    And checked their delivery and they ship to ROI for £5 :-) also have a lot of variety (and some money off first order is its not already on offer). Don't know about customs duties though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The likelyhood from experience here is that they're ignorant of customs and once a few get siezed and they need to refund they'll stop shipping. Tens of different sites have at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

And checked their delivery and they ship to ROI for £5 :-) also have a lot of variety (and some money off first order is its not already on offer). Don't know about customs duties though

Have you ordered any kegs for this yet? Any experience with it?

I really want to get a home keg system like this but sourcing the kegs is easily the hardest part.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

They no longer ship to Ireland regardless what their website says. I say that as a former customer who's perfect draft machine is gathering dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

damn damn damn it! I got this years ago for hubby and he loved it!! But I cannot get kegs anywhere.............Its very annoying..........

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Georgire

Omg i just bought one for my husband... and used addresspal as my address...
    Can you buy the jegs up north !!.. will they deliver my machine & Keg !!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

Georgire wrote: »

is cancelling an option. id say fairly obsolete these days

I just came across a site called Sub Torp, Belgian I think......They seem to deliver to Ireland!!!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed everyone....................................

Just to update yee on this, I just ordered 2 6litre kegs from the site in my post above, feckin delighted! Not cheap I warn yee, but if you want them then they deliver...I’ll let you know when it arrives, I’d imagine it’ll take a long time at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

Georgire wrote: »
    Did your delivery arrive yet?
    snowgal wrote: »
    Just to update yee on this, I just ordered 2 6litre kegs from the site in my post above, feckin delighted! Not cheap I warn yee, but if you want them then they deliver...I’ll let you know when it arrives, I’d imagine it’ll take a long time at the minute.
    Please do update us when it arrives. I've been looking at buying a PD for a while but it's getting the kegs that has put me off. Thanks

Will do. Just got email thats it has been shipped so we'll see how long it takes! OH cant wait for a real pint! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,298 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Just to remind everyone that importing alcohol into Ireland, without a special license, is illegal.
    The Gloomster!

With my business hat on, there’s obviously an opportunity here for one of our micro brewers. Alternatively, one of the better off-licences, like Martins in Fairview, might be a good place to ask if they could stock them.

Will do. Just got email thats it has been shipped so we'll see how long it takes! OH cant wait for a real pint! :D
    I have a Guinness tap here at home and managed to get a keg just before the lockdown. It's running low now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

Townie_P wrote: »
    I have a Guinness tap here at home and managed to get a keg just before the lockdown. It's running low now though!

I’m very jealous...

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭thedeal

I am looking to buy a perfect draft myself. Have a friend up North that can take delivery from beerhawk but after that would like to order kegs to my door. I see bier-wein.de have an option of delivery to Ireland but anybody ever order from these and if so did it get delivered?

• Advertisement

close your ears Gloomster!
    I received my perfect Draft kegs yesterday. OH delighted and had his first pint in 7 weeks!

I received my perfect Draft kegs yesterday. OH delighted and had his first pint in 7 weeks!

Foiled again! ;)

Great stuff, thanks for updating
    thedeal wrote: »
    I am looking to buy a perfect draft myself. Have a friend up North that can take delivery from beerhawk but after that would like to order kegs to my door. I see bier-wein.de have an option of delivery to Ireland but anybody ever order from these and if so did it get delivered?
    I've not used them myself but I do know a few people who have got deliveries from Bier Wein without any issue

• Registered Users Posts: 12 eugers1

Hey I'm wondering are people managing to get the kegs delivered or are customs taking them. Thanks
    Also looking to buy starter pack from beerhawk and get delivered by AddressPal. Did this work for anybody. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭pale rider

I have also just bought a 5 litre mini keg system, looks like I will need to buy empty mini kegs and fill myself, I find at €35 its every expensive, its that or not use it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Paulsnr12

Hi everyone I order from Bier & Wein Versand last week but my order is still in process very long time really.i have email them 3 times now no reply. As everyone order from them if so does it take a long time thanks

Just to remind everyone that importing alcohol into Ireland, without a special license, is illegal.
    The Gloomster!

With my business hat on, there’s obviously an opportunity here for one of our micro brewers. Alternatively, one of the better off-licences, like Martins in Fairview, might be a good place to ask if they could stock them.

Good to see Hope Brewery and Martins keep an eye on this forum. :)

https://martinsofflicence.ie/collections/5-litre-mini-kegs-range

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Paulsnr12

eugers1 wrote: »
    Hey I'm wondering are people managing to get the kegs delivered or are customs taking them. Thanks
    Also looking to buy starter pack from beerhawk and get delivered by AddressPal. Did this work for anybody. Thanks again

Hi i order my machine to the house but I order my kegs to the north as I have family up there address pal will deliver the machine not so sure on the kegs tho

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Things could be looking up
    thebeergals.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Fair play to you and wishing you the best of success. Though check the website, it isnt working for me at the moment, it just goes to Shopify and says it is not yet set up.

Is Perfect Draft a locked in system like Nespresso pods or is there a way for microbrewers to open up the kegs and fill them with their own product?

Advertisement