Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

List of EasyGo charge locations?

• 28-09-2019 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Does anybody know where I can get a current list of EasyGo charger locations, cant seem to find it on their website or app thanks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭k123456

EasyGo Facebook or , their app

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭JohnC.

The app lists all ecars as well as their own and I don't see an obvious way to filter to just their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bixler3

JohnC. wrote: »
    The app lists all ecars as well as their own and I don't see an obvious way to filter to just their own.

Can't find a unique list on FB either, I'll just send them a mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭zg3409

Nearly 100% are on plugshare app. No easy way to filter, mostly lidl, some companies with restricted access, some non lidl in some towns.

If you filter on their (easygo) app for fast ones, it only shows theirs, as esb ones are marked as slow

What exactly do you need to know

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

zg3409 wrote: »
    Nearly 100% are on plugshare app. No easy way to filter, mostly lidl, some companies with restricted access, some non lidl in some towns.

If you filter on their (easygo) app for fast ones, it only shows theirs, as esb ones are marked as slow

For me, i'd like to know where they are so I can plan accordingly (get the app, get the fob, have credit etc). If they're no where near my routes i'd not bother registering with them.

As it is, I don't know where they are, so i've not bothered to get properly set up.

• Advertisement

For me, i'd like to know where they are so I can plan accordingly (get the app, get the fob, have credit etc). If they're no where near my routes i'd not bother registering with them.

As it is, I don't know where they are, so i've not bothered to get properly set up.

You don't need the fob, you can start using the app. There are multiple providers, ionity, circle k, easygo, esb, Applegreen. Even a few random one offs. All are on plugshare app.

If you only intended using fast chargers filter by the connector type you need and fast charge. Some of the free fast chargers will change to pay soon such as the two easygo fast chargers in kinnegad which are currently free and busy.

You don't need the fob, you can start using the app. There are multiple providers, ionity, circle k, easygo, esb, Applegreen. Even a few random one offs. All are on plugshare app.

If you only intended using fast chargers filter by the connector type you need and fast charge. Some of the free fast chargers will change to pay soon such as the two easygo fast chargers in kinnegad which are currently free and busy.

ESB, ionity and EasyGo are the 3 main ones in Ireland. Circle k and Apple green, afaik, only have 1 charger each in the country.

ESB and ionity make it easy to find their chargers. EasyGo don't, and probably have more chargers than ionity. Their site in general is muck too. I'd be happy to use them, but I've honestly no idea where their chargers are aside from 2 I've stumbled upon on plugshare.

Their site in general is muck too. I'd be happy to use them, but I've honestly no idea where their chargers are aside from 2 I've stumbled upon on plugshare.

I asked them to add a filter to remove esb chargers from their app and they agreed it was something they would like on a future update.

Easygo themselves have added many of their chargers to plugshare. As far as I know they have 4 fast chargers, 2 in kinnegad, one in Monaghan and one at another hotel. They have chargers in say 30% of lidls, some street ones in Ennis and presumably elsewhere. They have some private company ones listed on plugshare as restricted, often behind barriers, and some public like Dundalk driving test centre. They were asking on twitter for anyone to recommend sites for fast chargers if you have spoken to site owner and they agree and if you can pass on contact details. They mention revenue sharing. They do have chargers, want to install them and want more sites. I agree website is not great and app less than ideal, but plugshare and fob removes the need for either.

I am dragging up this old thread to add news.

Easygo mentioned on a zoom meeting two fast (50kW) chargers planned.

One in Longford, (which is good as Longford has esb as backup) and is good route.

One in Cork at Silver springs hotel (if I remember hotel name right). This one will have touch to pay with credit card. If this works out and is popular they will roll out touch to pay on other chargers. For the 50kW chargers that means replacing the front panel with newer model.

Mentioned 10x 22kW chargers in Ballymun at decathlon sports clothing store, but store is closed to the public.(see plugshare app for photos). Free to use just plug in, but store may apply a fee at a later date.

Mentioned IKEA planning chargers for past year. There has been delays due to change of location of chargers in car park and other reasons but going ahead this year.

Mentioned again interoperability with esb in terms of RFID cards and payments, this is still ongoing project. I think he mentioned Ionity but was not clear on pricing (I am not sure on that)

Mentioned also planning more 22kW chargers with the likes of Aldi and lidl.

I try to put all easygo chargers on plugshare app with feedback. I find the easygo app difficult to find easygo only chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

w00p touch to pay, pleeeeeese everyone bring this in now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I am dragging up this old thread to add news.

Easygo mentioned on a zoom meeting two fast (50kW) chargers planned.

One in Longford, (which is good as Longford has esb as backup) and is good route.

One in Cork at Silver springs hotel (if I remember hotel name right). This one will have touch to pay with credit card. If this works out and is popular they will roll out touch to pay on other chargers. For the 50kW chargers that means replacing the front panel with newer model.

Mentioned 10x 22kW chargers in Ballymun at decathlon sports clothing store, but store is closed to the public.(see plugshare app for photos). Free to use just plug in, but store may apply a fee at a later date.

Mentioned IKEA planning chargers for past year. There has been delays due to change of location of chargers in car park and other reasons but going ahead this year.

Mentioned also planning more 22kW chargers with the likes of Aldi and lidl.

They seem more focussed on AC than DC with those numbers?

10 AC chargers for decathlon... thats what we need to be seeing. None of this onesy, twosy stuff!

I hope IKEA put in a decent bank of them too. An ideal spot for it as you are typically there for a few hours and people come from all over the country so need a charge.

Not much point in have AC chargers at Aldi/Lidl... what are you going to get in 30mins! They should target DC there.

KCross wrote: »
    They seem more focussed on AC than DC with those numbers?

I think they had a target of 100 DC but they only have 4 or 6 DC chargers in use, with 2 at same site.
    10 AC chargers for decathlon... thats what we need to be seeing. None of this onesy, twosy stuff!

Yes Dublin city needs this levels of installation. Stillorgan shopping centre is only other public site I know with these numbers (see plugshare app)
    Not much point in have AC chargers at Aldi/Lidl... what are you going to get in 30mins! They should target DC there.

It may have been a clause in planning for renovated stores (lidl adding bakery) or new stores, but they seem to have a policy in UK and Irl and NI.

Lidl Drogheda has a 50kW charger now managed by Easygo. (See plugshare app) IKEA UK has a lots of 50kW chargers. Assuming a 22kW charger at IKEA most users can only take 7kw, or in 1 hour visit add 50km of range. Seems a bit pointless unless you work there and can plug in for 2+ hours.

Easygo has asked publicly for anyone to recommend fast charging sites, (50kW) particularly where there is
    a restaurant/hotel or petrol station, where you have already spoken to the manager and they are amenable to reserving 2 parking spaces. There was talk of revenue sharing.

Yes, they mentioned a hundred fast chargers in the past. I signed up to them and use them where possible if i need 50kW charging, to support their business.

It annoys me that IKEA, Lidl and Aldi in other countries (eg norway) have fast chargers installed, whereas we get nothing - or almost nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭markpb

Easygo mentioned on a zoom meeting two fast (50kW) chargers planned. One in Longford, (which is good as Longford has esb as backup) and is good route.

Did they say where in Longford?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Yes Dublin city needs this levels of installation. Stillorgan shopping centre is only other public site I know with these numbers (see plugshare app)

Not just dublin, anywhere that people are dwelling for a few hours should have a bank of chargers. If you need a charge you need the confidence that when you get there that there will be an available charge point. 10+ charge points is the way to go.

Assuming a 22kW charger at IKEA most users can only take 7kw, or in 1 hour visit add 50km of range. Seems a bit pointless unless you work there and can plug in for 2+ hours.

hmm, i dont know. Its not black and white.
    Taking "local" Dublin people out of the equation I'd say the amount of time people spend in IKEA is several hours, not one.

If you put in a DC charger in IKEA you will inevitably have the locals abusing it and others plugging in and heading into the shop for an hour or two. Utilisation would be very poor, imo.

I'd rather see a large bank of AC charge points rather than one or two DC points. Both would be ideal but money talks in this situation.

I also think that 11kW AC is going to become the norm as we move forward with EV's. 2-3hrs on that would save you a DC stop somewhere on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,745 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Mentioned 10x 22kW chargers in Ballymun at decathlon sports clothing store, but store is closed to the public.(see plugshare app for photos). Free to use just plug in

So they are actually working? I presumed since the shop hasn't opened yet, the chargers weren't active

It's right beside Ikea, so if you're going to be there for a few hours, you might as well charge up the car
    ELM327 wrote: »
    w00p touch to pay, pleeeeeese everyone bring this in now

Or like Tesla realised about 10 years ago: just pick up the charger and stick it into your car. No apps, no cards, no touch, no nothing. Just charging. The charger knows your car and you automatically pay. Not rocket science now, is it? :p

Finally! IKEA! About damn time. My IKEA trip last year was a bit painful (some inexperience on my part to be fair) and a destination charger would likely have filled my ioniq in the 2-3 hours I was in there.

Are these Lidl and Aldi chargers free to use? I can't see anyone pulling in to charge on AC while doing their weekly shop and wanting to pay for it. Range gained would be pointless.

I wonder how many unused charge points there are around the country. Woodies/home store and more at turner's Cross in Cork has 2x2 AC chargers, but no way to operate them.

unkel wrote: »
    So they are actually working? I presumed since the shop hasn't opened yet, the chargers weren't active

It's right beside Ikea, so if you're going to be there for a few hours, you might as well charge up the car

The decathlon car park is not yet open as far as I know. I can't see decathlon liking people parking there and then walking to IKEA. I could see clamping applying, particularly if no fee to fill up car. Hopefully when IKEA get chargers this should resolve the potential issue.

I would like chargers everywhere but we have to be realistic on where and how many are financially viable. 50kW are 20,000 to 50,000 euro if all costs are factored in. We need AC chargers in locations people spend 2+ hours.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

LOL, can see folk rocking up to Ikea for cheap breakfast and leaving cars on charge for hours on end

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    LOL, can see folk rocking up to Ikea for cheap breakfast and leaving cars on charge for hours on end
    Bjorn often features an Ikea with 4 DC 50kW chargers outside.
    Why can't we get that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,745 ✭✭✭✭unkel

slave1 wrote: »

A two hour charge while having breakfast would save me 2 hours * 23kW/h * 8c / kWh = €3.60 in charging costs. Going through the M50 toll off peak would cost 2 * €0.52 (75% discount for an EV), so net saving of €2.56

Full Irish breakfast with free coffee / tea is €3.50 last time I looked

So yeah, a full breakfast for €0.94 is cheap alright :p and a few hours away from everyone in this house would be priceless :pac:

Are these Lidl and Aldi chargers free to use?

Yes, but require activation using easygo fob or app and are time limited to a couple of hours and then they stop charging your car. At least they are free and parking is free, although you may end up buying a chainsaw or other special.

I put most on plugshare app. There are quite a few and good backup option for faulty home charger or if stuck when away from home. They would be more suited in banks of 10 at shopping centres and cinemas.

In relation to Longford no mention of location.
    I wonder how many unused charge points there are around the country. Woodies/home store and more at turner's Cross in Cork has 2x2 AC chargers, but no way to operate them.

There are some that can't be activated. There are lots of underused or wrongly located chargers a lot of which get hardly any use. I try to put them on plugshare app with comments so hopefully at least people are aware they exist. Many owners unaware of easygo and other providers. Hopefully interoperability will add easygo locations to esb app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

JohnC. wrote: »

You can now filter on the app

Felexicon wrote: »
    You can now filter on the app

Yes new easygo app launched in past few days which better displays easygo vs non easygo chargers.

Click the funnel/filter icon and then turn off the roaming chargers option and only easygo chargers will be listed.

There are a lot of non public business only chargers showing, such as an post etc.

I searched for new chargers and added public ones to plugshare app such as new lidl in Northern Ireland I find plugshare best app to show non esb and esb chargers.

Email from easygo
    EasyGo.ie subscribers can now charge at up to 1200+ points.

You can now use your key FOB and the EasyGo.ie app to charge at up to...

400+ EasyGo.ie charge-points
    800+ ESB eCars chargers
    16+ Circle K chargers.
    On the EasyGo.ie app, you can now see and find the locations of ALL ESB, Circle K and EasyGo.ie charge-points across Ireland on one convenient - EasyGo.ie - app.

This means EasyGo.ie is now Ireland's largest e-Mobility Services Provider.

LIVE STATUS REPORTS

Furthermore, the EasyGo.ie App now delivers "live" status on all charge points across ESB, Circle K and of course EasyGo.ie sites.

This is possible with the eMSP agreement in place with Gireve.

For more details you can visit the Gireve news section...

https://www.gireve.com/en/our-latest-news.

Until now, other apps that attempted to show the locations and status of all chargers depended on users and visitors to provide updates.

We've even seen cases where users reported chargers as faulty when the units were in good working order but the user was mistakenly of the opinion that there was a problem. This will no longer be a concern as the EasyGo.ie app will receive direct and live status updates from each individual charger.

In other news, we've new DC Rapid charger sites going live in Cork, Dublin and Longford in the coming weeks and we'll send information about these separately.

The web link also says Ionity is also included. Not to go off topic but I wonder what fees are Ionity & esb, and as far as I know circle k needs no activation and is free.edit - circle k own brand in east athlone is not listed on easygo app, they must be referring to esb chargers at circle k

I'm a subscriber to easygo and have the fob etc, didnt receive the email, but it's great to see more locations.
    Hope they are more than 50kW which is very slow these days.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

We've even seen cases where users reported chargers as faulty when the units were in good working order but the user was mistakenly of the opinion that there was a problem. This will no longer be a concern as the EasyGo.ie app will receive direct and live status updates from each individual charger.

Pro's and cons, that means EasyGo.ie will rely on eCars to accurately report charger status, "you are the 3rd person to ring today with an issue on that charger, but we won't update it till an engineer confirms"

Just received the email
    Looks like Ionity is free with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

ELM327 wrote: »
    Just received the email
    Looks like Ionity is free with them!

Where did you see that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭markpb

Felexicon wrote: »
    Where did you see that?

I can’t see anything in the email that says it’s free but the app shows them as free. Hard to see how that’s not a configuration problem.

Edit: the app also shows the nearby eCars 50kWh charger as free too.

Advertisement