Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the guardian at? Im confused...also ...this is the girl from Harry Potter

Options
  • 30-04-2020 8:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭

Right i know you are not supposed to start a thread just dumping a video.

But i honestly don't know what to say ...i can't help laughing but like WHAT IS THIS ???

What does britsplaining mean????

I am confused.

Is this representing brexit??? What is this? What does it mean?

Is not about Irish people at all and more about class? What is this???

Its creepy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Are british and Irish people in this culture war that i don't know about???

The person who wrote it is irish ...its just ..confusing tho

• Registered Users Posts: 13,275 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Right i know you are not supposed to start a thread just dumping a video.

But i honestly don't know what to say ...i can't help laughing but like WHAT IS THIS ???

What does britsplaining mean????

I am confused.

Is this representing brexit??? What is this? What does it mean?

Is not about Irish people at all and more about class? What is this???

Its creepy.

It certainly helps show why Remain lost.

Danzy wrote: »
    It certainly helps show why Remain lost.

If you have comprehended something from this ...please share ..im kind of

like this is all i can do :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Is this like the 'liberal' take on Irish people and the relationship with British people?

Like why does she sort of say all British girls are bitches??

If you have comprehended something from this ...please share ..im kind of

like this is all i can do :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Is this like the 'liberal' take on Irish people and the relationship with British people?

Like why does she sort of say all British girls are bitches??

Shows a deep sense of disconnect.

Shows a deep sense of disconnect.

Indeed. I agree.

But I have nothing more to add other than i am so confused.

How THICK are they???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The Guardian have absolutely lost the plot

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

made it about 45 seconds in, then skipped forward about a minute, then decided on the whole it wasn't worth the time (we're here for a good time, not a long time).

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭hurpederp

Terrible Fake Cork accent. I think this is some British self-flagellation from the guardian. Stop lads

hurpederp wrote: »
    Terrible Fake Cork accent. I think this is some British self-flagellation from the guardian. Stop lads

Get some aloof hipsters to write the same indulgent self flagellation, moral preaching and set it in varying countries across Europe.

What is Britsplaining????

• Advertisement

The actress is Irish ..from Louth.

The writer is Irish too.

I mean ..is this genuine???? Is the term Britsplaining like genuine from an Irish person???

I wonder if the writer is like a ra head or just one of those irish people who enjoy the misery of oirishness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

The Guardian have managed to alienate the left of the Labour Party this past year, so not many natural Guardian readers about, hard core #FBPE twitter handles seem their only market now. Can't see this weird mini school play doing much for them.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

The Guardian have absolutely lost the plot

Thank you. For moment i thought i was losing my mind.

Maybe the british are so confused they feel they need to listen to an Irish person and they picked the first Irish person they saw and it was an up the RA head.

The Guardian have managed to alienate the left of the Labour Party this past year, so not many natural Guardian readers about, hard core #FBPE twitter handles seem their only market now. Can't see this weird mini school play doing much for them.

The middle class left/progressive movements in Britain are now split in to two camps who loath each other for failing their purity tests.

Ever greater purity and morality, sinners must be found out, heretics are everywhere.

I've always voted left but how can anyone be surprised that the Working class in England now vote Tory.

Thank you. For moment i thought i was losing my mind.

Maybe the british are so confused they feel they need to listen to an Irish person and they picked the first Irish person they saw and it was an up the RA head.

It's an actress with a script. It's actually a Middle class Britsplaining piece about Britsplaining, who actually comes up with terms like that and uses them in a serious way.

P.S. Up the Ra.

It's an actress with a script. It's actually a Middle class Britsplaining piece about Britsplaining, who actually comes up with terms like that and uses them in a serious way.

P.S. Up the Ra.

i need to irishsplain to my head for a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭hurpederp

The actress is Irish ..from Louth.

The writer is Irish too.

I mean ..is this genuine???? Is the term Britsplaining like genuine from an Irish person???

I wonder if the writer is like a ra head or just one of those irish people who enjoy the misery of oirishness.

I'm aware, she's famous. But she's not from Cork and the accent isn't good. I think that an introspective series about countries relationships with the EU, which frames the Irish one as 'growing up and not caring about Britain anymore' is not a good choice.

I'm aware, she's famous. But she's not from Cork and the accent isn't good. I think that an introspective series about countries relationships with the EU, which frames the Irish one as 'growing up and not caring about Britain anymore' is not a good choice.
    Is that what it means then?

Do they think we used to care??

800 hundred years of revolutions didn't tell them we don't give a ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

My god I detest this hammed up paddy wackery ****e.

Advertisement