Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What jobs get what salary?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Cyrus wrote: »
    i dont think aircraft leasing is the place to be any more unfortunately :(

never understand people not finishing a big 4 training contract, it may not be for everyone but finishing it is worth it as its invaluable on your cv.

We're busier than ever in the fin dept.

It's still on my CV, I don't think I did too badly for leaving early.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,861 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

smurfjed wrote: »
    Airline Captain outside Ireland, and I have a copy of his payslip to prove it.

middle east im guessing?

unhappys10 wrote: »
    We're busier than ever in the fin dept.

It's still on my CV, I don't think I did too badly for leaving early.

im sure you are, the busiest time for finance tends to be when a business is in trouble.

i hope you are fine but aircraft leasing is in trouble generally (but maybe not specifically in your case)

you will always have to explain why you left, for the sake of a few months i wouldnt have advised it, but just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Why do you have a copy of a colleagues payslip?

Colleague of mine got his monthly salary check yesterday, €44,000 which included some allowances.

is this his std monthly or includes annual bonus, seems way out of the market.

• Advertisement

im sure you are, the busiest time for finance tends to be when a business is in trouble.

i hope you are fine but aircraft leasing is in trouble generally (but maybe not specifically in your case)

you will always have to explain why you left, for the sake of a few months i wouldnt have advised it, but just my opinion.

My company will be fine for reasons I won't go into as it would identify us.
    I told the truth when I interviewed for my current job, I wasn't happy where I was.
    18 months is a lot of time when you detest where you work, nothing would have made me stay any longer and I had 3 job offers within 3 weeks of leaving.
    I think most people in the sector would know the story with the Big 4 and why someone may leave early.

I told the truth when I interviewed for my current job, I wasn't happy where I was.
    18 months is a lot of time when you detest where you work, nothing would have made me stay any longer and I had 3 job offers within 3 weeks of leaving.
    I think most people in the sector would know the story with the Big 4 and why someone may leave early.

im glad your company will be fine, genuinely.

i disagree with your second point having gone through it myself and being in a position where i am interviewing these people now, but maybe its just me.

im glad your company will be fine, genuinely.

i disagree with your second point having gone through it myself and being in a position where i am interviewing these people now, but maybe its just me.

Thanks.
    Anyone I know who left had jobs in under a month, most had more than one option. I haven't heard of anyone who was stuck.
    Funnily enough, they all went on to better paid jobs, not hard though I suppose considering trainee wages.

Aircraft leasing is a good niche role to be in, but hard to transfer to a similar level in a different industry.

I imagine with so many planes lying about, there's not going to be much leasing going on, and possibly defaults. That's the problem with a niche industry, it's susceptible.

Or... I could be totally misjudging it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Why do you have a copy of a colleagues payslip?

He sent it to me as I didn’t believe him.

• Advertisement

Aircraft leasing is a good niche role to be in, but hard to transfer to a similar level in a different industry.

I imagine with so many planes lying about, there's not going to be much leasing going on, and possibly defaults. That's the problem with a niche industry, it's susceptible.

Or... I could be totally misjudging it :)

I don't see why anyone would transfer to a different industry, the money is great and I have skills that would easily transfer to different industries even if I wanted to.

It is a massive industry, sure times are tough now but its not forever.

Planes aren't going away so the industry will always be required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Worked in a Big4 Management Consulting role. Colleagues who had been there 2-3 years still regularly at the office up to 11pm at night. Dinners delivered etc.

Needless to say I bolted on my own accord after 4 months. I've enough experience so didn't need that ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

is this his std monthly or includes annual bonus, seems way out of the market.

As i initially posted, it included some of the annual allowances, but we have more senior guys that would get that per month, we belong in a very niche market.

Approximately 24,000 euro from locumming and overtime since 01/03/20. Not including my standard HSE wages

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Worked in a Big4 Management Consulting role. Colleagues who had been there 2-3 years still regularly at the office up to 11pm at night. Dinners delivered etc.

Needless to say I bolted on my own accord after 4 months. I've enough experience so didn't need that ****e.

Yeh nothing would pay me to do that, I value my family, sanity and free time far to much.

Approximately 24,000 euro from locumming and overtime since 01/03/20. Not including my standard HSE wages

I think we have a winner!!

As i initially posted, it included some of the annual allowances, but we have more senior guys that would get that per month, we belong in a very niche market.

Must be !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

ChikiChiki wrote: »

It's great for grads imo, good experience, toughens you up and can give you good skills to move on with. Good name on the CV too. But it can be a brutal enough place and can attract ****ty enough personalities to it as an industry. It takes a certain type of person to stick in it long term. I did 5+ years and that was plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭conor05

Chartered Town Planner with local authority in rural town. 55k.

Never really work past 5pm. Flexitime a great perk.

While not enormous money, very secure job in these testing time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

I see a lot of smaller IT companies now offering 25K to 35K and must be an expert in about 10 different areas. No Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole

Sorry what? You have made €24,000 in just the last two months on top of your normal wage?

Are you a doctor? That's an outrageous amount of money. Holy ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Juran

I make approx €30,000 a month pre-tax, I take home over €20,000 a month after tax. Self employed consultant in the Pharma industry (regulatory and clinical affairs). I live 45% of the time in Ireland - I now work mainly in Germany and Switzerland, lower tax rates than Ireland, plus very flexible lifestyle. Science degree & Masters, 18 years experience in the Pharma industry. I started off a technician, €17,000 annual salary back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I see a lot of smaller IT companies now offering 25K to 35K and must be an expert in about 10 different areas. No Thanks

the best thing you can get starting in IT at the moment is a driving licence. Loads of places struggle to get engineers who can drive. Ive seen it add 10k , a driving licence and even a vendor issued cert in networking and you'll get 40k all day long as a field engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole

Juran wrote: »
    I make approx €30,000 a month pre-tax, I take home over €20,000 a month after tax. Self employed consultant in the Pharma industry (regulatory and clinical affairs). I live 45% of the time in Ireland - I now work mainly in Germany and Switzerland, lower tax rates than Ireland, plus very flexible lifestyle. Science degree & Masters, 18 years experience in the Pharma industry. I started off a technician, €17,000 annual salary back then.
    You make 1/4 million a year AFTER tax? This thread is making me want to top myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

As has been said before, if you want to earn real money then you you need to look outside of Ireland and avoid high tax regimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

You make 1/4 million a year AFTER tax? This thread is making me want to top myself.

do something numbers heavy for 15 years then consult for other companies on how to do it better... theres a lot of money in it. Workflow and compliance consulting in a lot of fields generates serious money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

Approx 43k as a 2nd year doctor.

Overtime would bring it up to 55-60k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Juran wrote: »

Must be Swiss tax rather than German:D

I did a 12 month contract consultancy for ABB in Zurich made a fortune but I could not hack apartment living with all the rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,170 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Was he doing those special deliveries into Weston? I'd have thought they'd have been closed with the corona

Advertisement