Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fossil Sport Smartwatch: £62.30

Options

Comments

certainly a great price OP

bought it as a CV19 present to self.

only grey 41mm was available when I went to order. battery size same in both sizes afaik

battery life seems pretty bad but a fairly inexpensive way to mess around with android wear OS

idea of some of the apps here ->

https://www.wareable.com/android-wear/you-wear-it-well-the-best-apps-for-android-wear

will also use it for listening to music / podcasts on a run

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Can't see the one for 89 unless it sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Your links aren't going to the watch. Can you please describe what the watch is called or link it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

kaji wrote: »
    Your links aren't going to the watch. Can you please describe what the watch is called or link it again?

https://www.fossil.com/en-gb/products/fossil-sport-smartwatch-black-silicone/FTW6024.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Ryath

Links are switching to US site for some reason.
    https://www.fossil.com/en-gb/
    Change shipping to UK in top right corner.
    Pick mens smartwatches. Red and green is still in stock.

• Advertisement

I think that the grey silicone looks good actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P8duoE7hAk&t=409s

Tempted to buy the red one, have a charge 3 would this be a big upgrade on that?

Hococop wrote: »
    Tempted to buy the red one, have a charge 3 would this be a big upgrade on that?

it's 1 day battery life, has some space 1.6gb free for music and app storage. built-in gps

Wear OS apps and google pay main attractions imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Gal2glam

Anyone know why the SALE30 code won’t work for me? It’s saying coupon already in basket

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    it's 1 day battery life, has some space 1.6gb free for music and app storage. built-in gps

1 day be a pain for constantly charging but it would be handy for getting back into running

This is the only reason I didn't pull the trigger. Most fossil watches have seriously bad battery life, especially if you're going to use it for exercising.

Forget about any kind of sleep tracking it is probably capable of. It's going to be charging every night.

Basil3 wrote: »
    This is the only reason I didn't pull the trigger. Most fossil watches have seriously bad battery life, especially if you're going to use it for exercising.

Forget about any kind of sleep tracking it is probably capable of. It's going to be charging every night.

All Wear OS watches have poor battery life because it's a full-fledged android device on your wrist.

but then again they also have the most interesting flexibility like apps to add new features

most "smartwatches" are not really smartwatches are just fitness bands that are in watch form and do nothing much beyond step-tracking, sleep tracking, notifications and maybe gps.

this is actually a true smart-watch but as expected the battery life is bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Interested in an android smartwatch. Can anyone recommend a decent budget alternative to this fossil? Battery life is putting me off.

All Wear OS watches have poor battery life because it's a full-fledged android device on your wrist.

but then again they also have the most interesting flexibility like apps to add new features

most "smartwatches" are not really smartwatches are just fitness bands that are in watch form and do nothing much beyond step-tracking, sleep tracking, notifications and maybe gps.

this is actually a true smart-watch but as expected the battery life is bad.

Yeah, that's not really true. My gear S3 frontier does 3 days, and it's far from a new device.

I have bought a fossil watch for someone before, and when I noticed she wasn't wearing it, she said it's because she kept forgetting to charge it.

Anyway, it's a great deal for the price....if you go into it well aware of its limitations.

Yeah, that's not really true. My gear S3 frontier does 3 days, and it's far from a new device.

I have bought a fossil watch for someone before, and when I noticed she wasn't wearing it, she said it's because she kept forgetting to charge it.

Anyway, it's a great deal for the price....if you go into it well aware of its limitations.

I know the Samsungs have longer battery life but they also have less apps and it's Tizen, not Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Google pay not supported in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dingbat

kaji wrote: »
    Hi. Don't know why the original link wasn't acting nicely. I've put in a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dingbat

...but a fairly inexpensive way to mess around with android wear OS

Exactly this.

Ush1 wrote: »

you can make it work afaik

• Advertisement

by the way, the screen size and battery are the same on both the 41mm and 43mm versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 spj

you can make it work afaik

Keen to understand how to get it set up and working here? Any pointers would be much appreciated..cheers

spj wrote: »
    Keen to understand how to get it set up and working here? Any pointers would be much appreciated..cheers

You used to have to install an app called Pay Enabler which you would open every time you wanted to make a payment, as Google Pay would get disabled in the background.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brouken.wear.payenabler

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I use Google Pay on my Huawei watch all the time?

interesting, this can be used swimming... I reckon I'll yoink a red one, thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 33,654 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Google pay works just fine in Ireland. Can you explain your statement

listermint wrote: »
    Google pay works just fine in Ireland. Can you explain your statement

Google pay on Wear OS is not supported in Ireland.

https://support.google.com/wearos/answer/7643998?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

mrcheez wrote: »
    I use Google Pay on my Huawei watch all the time?

Is it wear OS and if so what version?

Is it wear OS and if so what version?

yup wear OS.. umm not sure on the version but I've been paying with my watch for over 12 months now.

Don't need to bring my phone with me, once the token is on the phone you can pay just using the watch and the phone can be back home.

Very handy, especially on a night out when I don't fancy carrying a brick in my pocket (or a wallet)

Incidentally I picked up the red in this, but all other colours apart from green seem to be gone so move fast.

I mainly want this for the swimming functionality which my Huawei can't do.

• Advertisement

You used to have to install an app called Pay Enabler which you would open every time you wanted to make a payment, as Google Pay would get disabled in the background.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brouken.wear.payenabler

Just tested this on my fossil sport and still says Google pay is not working in your location.

Advertisement