Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only Fools & Horses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

If anyone has Mobdro theres an OFAH stream on there. Able to watch 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Mother's name Joan Mavis Trotter,
    Father's name Herb alpert and the tijuana brass

Tops marks, sorry my question should have been passport application not birth cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

In the very first episode and maybe he first scene, what burger did rodney bring for grandad, what burger had grandad asked for and what was his rodney’s preferred title in the business (which grandad took the p1ss out of).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

In the very first episode and maybe he first scene, what burger did rodney bring for grandad, what burger had grandad asked for and what was his rodney’s preferred title in the business (which grandad took the p1ss out of).

Always thought it was "emfra" until thinternet arrived and learned it was emperor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Emperor Burger
    Cheese burger
    Financial Adviser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

And there was that row between Rodney and Granddad earlier over the pronunciation of Poitier

He’s a tryer ain’t he! Your Dad always said that one day Del Boy would reach the top! Then again he used to say Millwall would win the cup!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Got 7/10. Watching A Slow Bus to Chingford now.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Quiz: Does anyone know where my boards username came from?

your dad? :D

Always thought it was "emfra" until thinternet arrived and learned it was emperor.

what kind of a financial advisor goes out to buy an emperor burger and comes back with a cheeseburger?

• Advertisement

branie2 wrote: »
    And there was that row between Rodney and Granddad earlier over the pronunciation of Poitier

Potter.

8 from 10. For the bet amount and company name wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I wear Gordon Gecko braces and he wears Gordon Bennet shirts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Emperor Burger
    Cheese burger
    Financial Adviser

What sort of financial advisor goes out for an emperor burger and comes back with a cheeseburger??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Seve OB wrote: »
    Potter.

Personally, I'd pronounce it Harry Belafonte, but you two please yourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

branie2 wrote: »
    Personally, I'd pronounce it Harry Belafonte, but you two please yourselves

Waffles

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

sligojoek wrote: »

9/10. I got the name of the corgi wrong. Not bad for someone who skips that episode. I was able to guess the wrong answers as many of them were references from later epiosodes.

I don't care if you're related to the Surrey Totters, the Berkshire Trotters or the Harlem bloody globe Trotters.

Some of the characters have already been mentioned that we never see like SR and PTG, but there was some other great names like Limpy Lional the ticket tout and Dirty Barry, but we get to see Barry.

Iggy ‘Iggins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭randd1

The one where Trigger's nan dies.

Trigger: "I can just imagine him sitting there, one leg on the stool, the other leg in the corner"
    A shocked Rodney looking at the seat, then across the room to the corner 10 feet away.
    Del Boy: "He had a wooden leg, didn't he"
    Rodney "Oh. Right."

In the same episode.

Trigger: "When you think of all the times me nan and granddad spent living here, it makes you go cold don't it"
    Del Boy: "Surely you remember all the warmth and love they shared throughout the years"
    Trigger: "There weren't none of that, they didn't talk to each other for 15 years"
    Rodney: "15 YEARS!!!"
    Trigger: "Yeah. You see, my granddad learned that while he was away in the war, she used to have another man in the house"
    Grandad moves nervously from side to side.
    Trigger to Granddad: "You must have heard them rumours"
    Granddad: "No son. Didn't she ever say who it was?"
    Trigger: "No. Wish I knew though", shaking his fist.
    Granddad: "I'll go and get our coats"
    Trigger: "Yeah, they're in the bedroom, up the stairs to left"
    Granddad: "I know where it is"

So simple, yet so funny. Leonard Pearce was able to pull some brilliant faces to add to the comedy of his lines.

• Advertisement

I had a telephone call from a man, he did not give his name, but he tell me, ‘Get you kitchen painted or you be in big trouble John.’

I read a story to my young lad (can’t remember which one) and one of the lines is “you’ll be in big trouble”....I always add “John” at the end

Ok, I'll get shot for this but i thought the trigger persona could be overplayed at times, but he did also get some sharp lines such as when he cons rodney into nominating himself for chair of the tenants association or when boycie, talking about naming the baby, says they dont want to be premature, trig turns and says, "yeah Marlene said something about that."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"Why ask"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Ok, I'll get shot for this but i thought the trigger persona could be overplayed at times, but he did also get some sharp lines such as when he cons rodney into nominating himself for chair of the tenants association or when boycie, talking about naming the baby, says they dont want to be premature, trig turns and says, "yeah Marlene said something about that."

I think he was better in the earlier seasons. They made him a little too dim in later seasons.

Fancy an Indian?

I think he was better in the earlier seasons. They made him a little too dim in later seasons.

Yeah there were times when he was an effective thief and other times he was barely a functional human. The character was a bit dim in the first episode when he was selling the stolen briefcases (haggling with del) but at other times he was completely clueless. Bit inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Trigger thinks he sees a ufo outside the pub window while sitting with Rodney and Del. Turns out it’s not a flashing light, just him blinking

I thought maybe part of it was the reactions of other characters to his stupidity, maybe overdone a tad. But only nitpicks in the overall scheme of greatness.

Always loved the story about Jason McAteer been nicknamed Trigger until he signed for Liverpool and had to be renamed Double Trigger as they already had a Trigger on their books.

• Advertisement

matchthis wrote: »
    Trigger thinks he sees a ufo outside the pub window while sitting with Rodney and Del. Turns out it’s not a flashing light, just him blinking

Yeah that was going too far.

Advertisement