Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should junkies be allowed to have children?

Options
  • 23-04-2020 6:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭

Seeing junkies pushing prams is a horrible sight to behold. Why aren’t these children made ward of state, or contraceptive solutions mixed with methadone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

How dyou propose to police it? You wanna guide Anto outta Jacinta everytime he manages to get a horn?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭Cobalt17

How dyou propose to police it? You wanna guide Anto outta Jacinta everytime he manages to get a horn?

Read what I actually said.

They should have 700 children, same number of times you've registered on this site.

They should have 700 children, same number of times you've registered on this site.

What are you on about?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Cobalt17 wrote: »
    Read what I actually said.

You said add contraceptives to methadone. So all junkies are on methadone now?

No, those that are provided methadone should only get it on the condition of taking contraceptives.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Just get the lads in Columbia to add the contraceptives. I'm sure they'd oblige...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Seeing junkies pushing prams is a horrible sight to behold. Why aren’t these children made ward of state, or contraceptive solutions mixed with methadone?

It's a good point, but obviously the SJWs and Lefties prefer chaos and carnage in society because they're not unlike addicts themselves.
    So they empathize with the poor junkie's etc

A junkie's who puts themselves through the proper treatment and consciously decides that's it I'm done with drug's has more hope than someone who is forced to get sober or into a treatment center.

There's an old wise guy up the road, I won't tell ye what he'd suggest as I'd be getting angry replies and will trigger the SJWS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Sweet Jesus, the sooner the better quarantine is over and kids can go back to school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Cobalt17 wrote:
    No, those that are provided methadone should only get it on the condition of taking contraceptives.

So their option are methadone or illegal drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭gifted

I'm amazed there's not more junkies after having kids lol lol

begbysback wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus, the sooner the better quarantine is over and kids can go back to school.

It’s 7 o’clock. Even I was a kid, I wouldn’t be in school now.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    So their option are methadone or illegal drugs

What other options are there? Other than getting clean?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

What about the ones on heroin? Are their dealers only to supply if they are on contraceptives?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭rodDaly69

Castration. Or better yet, a cull.

What about the ones on heroin? Are their dealers only to supply if they are on contraceptives?

Nope, their children should be removed from them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Nope, their children should be removed from them though.

Removing children from their families was tried before in this state and ended badly for all involved.

Contribute something useful or close the thread.

elperello wrote: »
    Removing children from their families was tried before in this state and ended badly for all involved.

So it’s better to leave children in the care of junkies than the state? Cop yourself on, we have a duty to at least give children a chance. Leaving them in the care of a pair of heroin addicts is removing any chance of a normal life from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Have to agree with this, they shouldnt have children as theyre not capable of looking after themselves, never mind a child. A few months ago I was walking though Dublin in the late afternoon, along the ques were a group of junkies off their heads, drinking cans, shouting, among them was a little toddler with no shoes on, stumbling all over the footpath, strangers walking past on the street where keeping more of an eye on him than the group he was with.
    Got the train at Connolly station that night, while standing outside, two junkies across from me huddled in a corner with each other looking really dodgy, like they were on edge about something, got a really bad vibe off them. With them was this little boy no older than 8 or 9, hard as nails, it was obvious this was a normal night for him.
    If people want to live that lifestyle go ahead but kids shouldn't be forced to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Urethral Buttercup

How do you feel about medical testing on prisoners to advance science OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

elperello wrote: »

Children all over the world are removed from parents who abuse them. Are you actually arguing that this shouldn't happen.

And being rude to someone else for absolutely no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Yes. Men can have an injection that causes reversible infertility now. Women can use the coil. The former has less ethical questions maybe because it is mechanical rather than hormonal (it blocks the tubes).

In the UK a bipolar woman had an involuntary C-section and her child adopted without her consent. She had refused to take medication because she was concerned about teratogenic effects. This was very sad and possibly very unjust though I don't know the details.

Chemical castration of paedophiles seems like a no-brainer.

How do you feel about medical testing on prisoners to advance science OP?

How do you feel about staying on topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

After hours probably isn't the best forum to bring up a subject like this. There is a parenting forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Urethral Buttercup

How do you feel about staying on topic?

I'm not particularly bothered. This is a low-level thread and doesn't deserve any particular adherence. Now, I've answered your question, so why don't you give a shot to mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Humans have a bad breeding program, but eugenics based on desirable traits for society is not a popular concept.

I'm not particularly bothered. This is a low-level thread and doesn't deserve any particular adherence. Now, I've answered your question, so why don't you give a shot to mine.

If it’s a low level thread, you’ll fit right in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Why dont you contact TUSLA yourself or the Gardai if you have a specific concern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

What are you on about?

Hes talking about you and a smaller number of other far right trolls. Youse are like a bad smell that wont go away.

Advertisement