Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ALDI weekly bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just a heads up for anyone like me that fancied some of the garden stuff.

Stopped into an Aldi on my way through a town earlier on my way to work. The following items I had an eye on have all been cancelled.

2 in 1 hedge/grass clippers.
    Landscape stones (both types from the brochure)
    Weed control fabric.

Hopefully that will save anyone making the unnecessary journey out to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

McMurphy wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone like me that fancied some of the garden stuff.

Stopped into an Aldi on my way through a town earlier on my way to work. The following items I had an eye on have all been cancelled.

2 in 1 hedge/grass clippers.
    Landscape stones (both types from the brochure)
    Weed control fabric.

Hopefully that will save anyone making the unnecessary journey out to get them.

I bought the 2 in 1 hedge/grass clippers today and saw the weed control fabric though they were nearly all gone at 9:30AM. So some stores are getting stock of it.

Peter File wrote: »
    I bought the 2 in 1 hedge/grass clippers today and saw the weed control fabric though they were nearly all gone at 9:30AM. So some stores are getting stock of it.

Cheers for that, the one I was in (Belgard) around 11am the lady definitely said "cancelled" so I assume that applied to all Aldi stores.

I have to visit a company in the afternoon based in Fonthill, so will try there and if no success, Newlands Cross after that.

If anyone can confirm any stores that actually have them, that'd be great too and you would be bringing great joy to a certain Mrs McMurphy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Picked up a few bits along with bread and milk this morning lol.

Next Thursday sees garden / BBQ furniture and other stuff for the bank holiday weekend. Catalogue not online yet but have a paper copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Anyone see the hoses in Aldi today?

• Advertisement

Yes seen them in one for sure (Belgard) but there was none of the stones or weed fabric or the 2 in 1 hedge clipper in any of the 3 stores I stopped off at today.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Next Thursday sees garden / BBQ furniture and other stuff for the bank holiday weekend. Catalogue not online yet but have a paper copy.
    Just paid a wedge last week to order garden furniture online. Aldi better not have the same set for 99 euro! :pac:

I would have been interested in some of those landscaping stones. Sounds like its not worth trying to see if my local has any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

aldi dundalk (newry road branch) had all of the garden specials about 20 mins ago when i left. weed fabric, clippers, stones, plants and hoses.

Dades wrote: »
    Just paid a wedge last week to order garden furniture online. Aldi better not have the same set for 99 euro! :pac:

I would have been interested in some of those landscaping stones. Sounds like its not worth trying to see if my local has any.

Dunno Dades, I met a worker at the entrance of the last Aldi I passed today doing the crowd control thing, I asked him is there any point me getting a trolley as I'm after stones etc for the garden, and he said he didn't think they got them in, and he was correct (no clippers either)

Not like Aldi to be fair they're normally top of their game

They didnt have the stones, or the 20ft hoses in Oranmore this morning when I visited
    I asked one of the staff about the hoses, and he said they hadnt gotten any at all.

• Advertisement

Yep got one, only had about 10 in stock (I was there at opening) in Sallynoghin.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭geordi

Plenty of weed fabric and garden supplies in Aldi Terenure at 7pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Picked up a Demolition Hammer in Kenmare today, reduced from 130 euro to 50.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Picked up a Demolition Hammer in Kenmare today, reduced from 130 euro to 50.

Could be useful to breeak up the coal you bought:D

Could be useful to breeak up the coal you bought:D

Ehhh, okay.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

I see Aldi have their BBQ back out on Thusday, anybody have any experience with it - is it worth the 80 Euros?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

chases0102 wrote: »
    I see Aldi have their BBQ back out on Thusday, anybody have any experience with it - is it worth the 80 Euros?

They did an dual fuel BBQ last year with a hob too it was the business but 200euro so a big difference in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

Cheers for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

Are you sure it is available on Thursday - I thought it was on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I know it’s the ALDI thread and apologies , but just letting people know Home Store and More have the BBQ’s on half price at the moment and they are delivering them too. Might be of use to some people .

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/

• Advertisement

bigron2109 wrote: »
    I know it’s the ALDI thread and apologies , but just letting people know Home Store and More have the BBQ’s on half price at the moment and they are delivering them too. Might be of use to some people .

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/

Get out of here with your homestore, this here is Aldi terrotory!

Seriously though, even at half price their barbeque/smoker is still 50 euro dearer than the Aldi one which also has a three year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

they have the same sale on bbq every year, just when people start looking for them conveniently enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Mav11

chases0102 wrote: »

Link? Can’t seem to find it.

Wooden day chair won't be in stock tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

it looks like a great piece of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Did anyone see the 2 seater mosaic bistro set in any Dublin store this morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Do you know how much it is supposed to cost?

Edit: See it was 300 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

Same As wrote: »
    Did anyone see the 2 seater mosaic bistro set in any Dublin store this morning?

Wasn't in My local Aldi (outside Dublin. Co. Tipperary). They got very little of the special offers. No paint. A small delivery of planters.

Asked the shop assistant manager who was there. He said they are struggling to get stuff in. They order what they need but the depots are short of stock and short of staff. Essentials get priority. He said go to different stores and try. Some get one item others get another.

• Advertisement

16kg bags of white or brown flour for €9.99

Advertisement