Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Bean on Holiday

Options
  • 02-04-2007 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Sorry for this review being so short. I have nothing good to say about this film. Just a warning to anyone planning to see it, spend your money on 300 instead. It has to have the least amount of laughs of any comedy film this year. Also, about 80% of this film is in french with english subs. Avoid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

If you like the tv series you'll probably like this but otherwise stay away as its typical Mr Bean. Personally, I thought it was pretty good. Not the best film I've ever seen but certainly not the worst.

I have a few huge gripes about this movie.

They changed Mr. Bean. They made him a soppy caring moron. He is anything but. Take, for example, the series. If anyone had been a fan, they would know that he was a mean hearted scrooge; the episode with the baby (he puts it somewhere so he can go get things done), or the one after the magic act (where his girlfriend starts dancing with someone else. He turns off the power in the disco as he couldn't be with her), or even the school episode where he leaves the kid to be caught in that explosion. He isn't caring.
    Mr. Bean in the series wouldn't really give a sod about that guys son.

All bickering aside, it was a nice movie to let your brain turn off. Don't watch it if you are expecting the usual Bean comedy, as it frankly isn't there. It's just the Americanised version.

2/10
    only for the fact it features a mini

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'd disagree with the "mean hearted scrooge" thing. I think the idea of Mr. Bean is that he just does not realise the consequences of his actions and that because of this sometimes people get screwed over. Its not that he intentionally does something to screw someone over but that its a side effect of his actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MOTHERTRUCKER

All bickering aside, it was a nice movie to let your brain turn off. Don't watch it if you are expecting the usual Bean comedy, as it frankly isn't there. It's just the Americanised version.

2/10

I never understand what people mean by " it was a nice movie to let your brain switch off".
    I can only presume you mean to sit back and be entertained for 1 & 1/2 Hours with absolute no thinking involved what so ever?

What gives you the right to write a review about this movie if your brain was switched off :confused:

Personally my brain was switched on during this movie and i taught it was an absolute shambles, No laughs, basic plot, and altogether a very plastic feel to the movie.
    I don't understand why film's like this (comedy) are let slip through the cracks and escape all decent production,devepment and writing qualities, i don't care if this movie is targeted at kids, don't kids deserve to laugh.

I think the Studio's don't give a damn about the quality and are aiming their targets on advertising making this movie a box office hit, which they've succeeded in doing.
    So again its the Studios 1 the viewer nil.

If its not remakes, its sequels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MOTHERTRUCKER

2/10

I never understand what people mean by " it was a nice movie to let your brain switch off".
    I can only presume you mean to sit back and be entertained for 1 & 1/2 Hours with absolute no thinking involved what so ever?

What gives you the right to write a review about this movie if your brain was switched off :confused:

Personally my brain was switched on during this movie and i taught it was an absolute shambles, No laughs, basic plot, and altogether a very plastic feel to the movie.
    I don't understand why film's like this (comedy) are let slip through the cracks and escape all decent production,devepment and writing qualities, i don't care if this movie is targeted at kids, don't kids deserve to laugh.

I think the Studio's don't give a damn about the quality and are aiming their targets on advertising making this movie a box office hit, which they've succeeded in doing.
    So again its the Studios 1 the viewer nil.

If its not remakes, its sequels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sorry for this review being so short.

This isn't a review at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

well me for 1 thought it was hilarious.. the 1st 45 mins anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Absolute tripe, only went to see it cause I knew the annoying tit I went with would talk through anything else and I would have ended up killing him, low expectations not even met.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

I thought it was really good!! I laughed so much and so did everyone else in the cinema!!
    -Oui!
    -Non
    -Grseas! (spelling*)
    lol

Id give it a 7/10..because there was no teddy:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

spend your money on 300 instead

Yikes! Was it really that bad? :eek: Glad I didn't go see it. A sequel to one of the worst films ever cannot be good despite how good the tv show is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

bluto63 wrote:
    Yikes! Was it really that bad? :eek: Glad I didn't go see it. A sequel to one of the worst films ever cannot be good despite how good the tv show is

It was bad IMO. It didnt help that the woman sitting in front of me burst out laughing every time Bean moved a muscle or made a noise :mad: I know it is only a light hearted comedy but if you watch it you cannot help being driven mad by the glaring plot holes and inconsistencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

I see this is on Netflix now for those who havent seen it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

s8n wrote: »
    I see this is on Netflix now for those who havent seen it

Stop bumping threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement