Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Couch to 5k app

• 20-04-2020 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me a good reliable and free app to use please?

I have been using one for the last month but it keeps crashing in the middle of a session.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I used Podkicker and tried a few different C25k casts til I found one I liked. Boogie Shoes Couch to 5k was the one I settled on and I found it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I used Podkicker and tried a few different C25k casts til I found one I liked. Boogie Shoes Couch to 5k was the one I settled on and I found it great.

What/who is l Podkicker?

Nevermind....

Downloaded the app and found the podcast....thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Good luck with it! I had tried C25k two or three times before and never got past week three, went straight through it with that version.

Big thanks for this.....used it this morning. Very happy with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

When I got diabetes in 2017 some of the best advice I got was to run regularly to both control my weight and blood sugars.

I downloaded Fitness 22 C25K and loved it. The snag is that you only get the first week free then its 3 Euro for the full add, and well worth it. I then done their 5-10k and the half marathon apps, all were brilliant.

My diabetes is under control now and I'm off meds :)

We used a Zen Labs (totally free) for a local C25K group which worked out very well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Zen Labs one is great, totally reliable and free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Maybe an unusual one coming up here about apps, but here goes anyway….

Started running again this year as a New Year’s resolution, after a gap of about six years. Used a Couch to 5k app that I downloaded almost at random, because I’d done the same when I took up running previously, about nine years ago (I fell out of the running habit after our first child was born, and it’s taken me until now to get back into it).

The app I used way back then had a soft and encouraging female voice that said things like “you’re already halfway through this 10 minute run, keep going!” or “just two minutes left of this 20 minute run, you’re doing great!”.

But the one I used this time had a sort of Helga Von Ballbreaker instead, who’d just bark orders like “Run! 20 minutes” and then you wouldn’t hear from her again until 20 minutes later, when she’d command “Stop! Walk.”

I’m now at the stage where I’d like to step things up to 10k, and maybe even 10 miles or a half marathon, and would like a new app for a training programme for that. Anybody know one with a voice that might praise and encourage me along the way, instead of just shouting orders? I get enough of that at home!

Advertisement