Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Rear action screws for Rem700

Options
  • 16-04-2020 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Looking for black rear action screw.

I fitted a new stock and the current front action screw was only grabbing on with 1thread. I ground down the aluminium block in the stock and filled down the excessively low protruding aluminium pillers. Filled a bit off the top of the trigger body and sunk the nuts tapered head into the trigger guard with grinding paste.
    Now I have 3 threads grabbing the action but I'd like more

Prob could just do with a new screw. I'm looking for a black rear (long) action screw and I'll shorten it for an exact fit to suit.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Got a pic of the head shape? The cheese head type? or Allen head type (like DIN912).
    edi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Alan head.

I had ordered a few of these recently from Inox.ie. Not black though.

http://www.inox.ie/acatalog/Cap_Screws_IMPERIAL.html

edi

1/4x28 UNF

It's a tapered head and and it sits flush into the bottom metal.
    I'll have to pull out the thread gauge in the morning. I'm beding it here tonight in Devon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Zxthinger wrote: »
    It's a tapered head and and it sits flush into the bottom metal.
    I'll have to pull out the thread gauge in the morning. I'm beding it here tonight in Devon.

If it's the same as the Howa 1500 which I think it might be, on the LA it's an M6 x 1MM.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Rem 700 does not have M6x1, they use 1/4x28 UNF for the action screws.
    Sako, Tikka, Howa (jap), S&L, Heym, ASH and other Euro manufacturers use M6 but US manufacturers mostly use imperial threads like 1/4x28.
    edi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I bow to your superior knowledge Sir.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

I am always worried of stripping an action thread, especially the front thread of a remmy is very short. If a too short screw is fitted or the wrong thread then the thread can be ruined very quick. When making up action screws or fitting a new stock/mag system always remove the bolt. Only put the bolt back in after being sure screws are the right length and torqueing action screws.

Zxthinger, just checked, I have a stainless/silver rear action screw here with enough thread length to cut down. It has the smaller 4mm Allen head and comes from a Rem SPS.
    PM me your addr. and I can post it.
    edi

Pm inbound. Thanks all for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement