Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation Covid Cash in.

Options
  • 16-04-2020 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭

The fat shaming show, 'Operation Transformation' crowd, have only decided to cash in on Covid, and produce a SERIES, not just a one off, in which their po faced presenters lecture you on the right diet, exercise, mental health etc, to get you through covid, like it was a reality TV challenge. And this is at prime time. I really need to be told by a shrink, a gym bunny and a couple of bimbos how to isolate and cope with it, I mean, they're such experts and they'd know?
    What I really need is a Big Mac and fries, and some relief from the necessary, but endless crisis TV. Burger king drive thru open, about 10 clicks away. Does that count as travel essential for shopping?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

will brendan courtney be jumping onboard too:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I didn’t watch it as I am coping fine and limiting programming dedicated to the virus is the best approach.
    Keep up to date on the virus and measures, but we don’t need lifestyle programs on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People actually pay a tv licence to fund this sh1te. More fool them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I love the way they want us to exercise during the ad breaks. There’s nothing quite like exercise before you go to bed. Get that heart pumping.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

This happened to be on when we sat down last night the entire show was cringe and of very little help to anyone struggling. The wife is a social worker/counsellor and the first thing we both noticed was the male counsellor stumbling over his advice, unable to give anything other than bog standard answers.
    The most frustrating thing was the four sisters and mum who were all in perfect health and not one could be considered in anyway out of shape, all were given air time to talk about snacking, hairdressers and again nothing to do with helping those who need real advice. The four girls seemed more like they were doing a pormo for future RTE shows.
    No doubt hundreds if not thousands would kill for some real detailed advice but that show was a joke. I heard people complaining last week about joe wicks being wheeled out because he's not Irish but in fairness to him his advice for adults and kids workouts/diet is spot on. RTE embarresed themselves last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Unfortunately the RTE virus "Nepotism" assures a conveyor belt of talentless employees at all levels to create, produce and star in absolute ****e.

There's a running theme with most RTE programming, bar the odd fleck of gold (which usually takes C4 or BBC to discover first).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 12trackmind

Easy to misinterpret shows like this. They are not designed to help in any meaningful way.

They are a vehicle for self-promoting attention-seekers to 'help' the nation, by presenting themselves before the nation to get our attention. A child could see through it.

See also: attention seeking musicians, bloviating podcasters etc. etc. coming to help in our hour of need.. by having attention lavished upon them. Starve de fools, I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

What sort of show should RTÉ produce during these extraordinary times? I get the feeling if they produced nothing they’d be admonished for it; if they produce this then they get abuse for it; if one of their presenters is involved then they get abuse for it; if they brought in someone new then they’d be the subject of ridicule.

You just can’t keep the online mob happy. You shouldn’t even bother to try. Their pitch black cynicism and unhappiness can’t be cured.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

What sort of show should RTÉ produce during these extraordinary times? I get the feeling if they produced nothing they’d be admonished for it; if they produce this then they get abuse for it; if one of their presenters is involved then they get abuse for it; if they brought in someone new then they’d be the subject of ridicule.

You just can’t keep the online mob happy. You shouldn’t even bother to try. Their pitch black cynicism and unhappiness can’t be cured.

Did you watch it ?. Explain to me what someone struggling with weight and confidence issues could have taken from a half an hour of four chirpy young fit and healthy girls talking about popcorn ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 12trackmind

Their pitch black cynicism and unhappiness can’t be cured.

Aw...

No. There is a cure. Don't watch RTE. Thatwas my point.. don;t watch it and you won't have your expectations of decency smashed.

The real cynics, of course, are those that are paid to appear on state sponsored TV (funded under threat of fines and/or imprisonment) to 'serve' the public with their gibberish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I get my exercise reaching for the remote.
    The problem with RTE is groupthink.
    Any original ideas will be eliminated by those on the gravy train who do not want to stray from the tried and tested RTE stodge*.

*dull and uninspired material or work

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The best thing for people to get through this period is less stuff about Covid 19, take a break from it, it will do good for the mental health of people.

With programs like this, it feels as if one should be struggling because we are told people are struggling, I doubt the program has done much for anyone but I will let people who watched it decide on that.

People should be relaxing before they go to bed, watch something not virus related, listen to some music one likes, read a book, take a Covid 19 break.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,201 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think this is the second thread on here. Originally they called it Covid Nation or something else stupid.
    Kathryn Thomas will do anything to yell at people.

Get ready for them to be interviewed by Ryan Tubridy soon and they can have a nice depressing interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I only saw a few minutes of it. Those few minutes featured a woman complaining about having to look after her own children so I quickly turned it off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ireland: People are dying.
    RTE: let's do a tv program about losing weight (but we will call it "staying healthy") during the pandemic

In very poor taste imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

RobertKK wrote: »
    The best thing for people to get through this period is less stuff about Covid 19, take a break from it, it will do good for the mental health of people.

With programs like this, it feels as if one should be struggling because we are told people are struggling, I doubt the program has done much for anyone but I will let people who watched it decide on that.

People should be relaxing before they go to bed, watch something not virus related, listen to some music one likes, read a book, take a Covid 19 break.

Definitely, unless someone is absolutely thick we should all know what we should and shouldn't do by now but it's really important that people find time to switch off from COVID-19 every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I think this is the second thread on here. Originally they called it Covid Nation or something else stupid.
    Kathryn Thomas will do anything to yell at people.

Get ready for them to be interviewed by Ryan Tubridy soon and they can have a nice depressing interview.

Call me a cynic but for Kathryn Thomas it's just a vehicle for her to promote her bootcamps when all of this is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

RTE has a massive library of home made quality stuff that seldom if ever sees the light of day from the first airing.
    Why not show some of that instead of tired imported repeats and now YET ANOTHER reminder of CV19 and vehicle for long term RTE canteen residents??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭deezell

What sort of show should RTÉ produce during these extraordinary times?......
    .....You just can’t keep the online mob happy. You shouldn’t even bother to try. Their pitch black cynicism and unhappiness can’t be cured.

Something Entertaining, especially straight after the seriousness of the 9.00 news. Primetime is there for the serious stuff, but not every night. Wednesday after the news used to be Movie night. Maybe some classic drama, or a concert, or an Opera even.
    This response is also not a Mob reaction, the OP and posters are not mobsters. It's a reasonable comment on a very obvious bit of opportunistic self promotion disguised as concern. Picture the Top Gear presenters doing a car show with a covid 19 angle and you get the idea. Or Donal Skeehan's "Quick Covid Confinement Cooking Tips" or something like that. This OT programme has no valid basis for it's existence. It was conjured up as a stunt to latch on to the crisis and make itself relevant, when it couldn't be more irrelevant in these trying times.

RTE has a massive library of home made quality stuff that seldom if ever sees the light of day from the first airing.
    Why not show some of that instead of tired imported repeats and now YET ANOTHER reminder of CV19 and vehicle for long term RTE canteen residents??

And on a lighter (entertainment) note, you and I will be pleased to see that they're re-running Kilinaskully, and Bachelors Walk. "Givus one of those Pink snacks", or a pissed Simon Delany; "isht the f**king bee-ez!" Little one line moments of comedy magic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

building Ireland was back on last night really interesting program on the original dublin airport terminal yet it was squeezed into 30 mins. yet they put on junk with Kathryn thomas kn for an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

It is I, Philip, Earl of Boucher and Hayes. We shall broadcast across.

Good start, go on.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,201 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Don't give them idea's he might produce a program about energy drink being unhealthy for you.

Advertisement