Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club repair

Options
  • 17-04-2020 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just looking for a bit of advice on a club repair issue I have. Basically I bought a used Ping G400 Crossover from a US website which I've used a good few times with no problem. However, when I received the club I found that the shaft is "loose". What I mean by this is that it seems to be able to turn. It can be rotated such that it feels firm in the hossel but I doubt it will take the impact of a shaft and ground impact before coming loose. Its an odd enough problem as the shaft doesn't feel like it'll come loose it such twists/rotates easily enough.

Anyway, I got straight on to customer service and what we basically said was that I would look into seeing if I could get it fixed and they'd sort me out with the cost of this somehow or if this was not possible I can send the club back and they'd send me a replacement or something. I'm not concerned that I won't get some kind of resolution.

In simple terms I need to get the shaft refitted (not a new shaft, just reset). Does this sound like an easy fix for somewhere like McGuirks or American Golf, both of which are close to me? Or would anyone know anywhere that's good around the D14 area.

Reason I'm looking for help or feedback is that if the general consensus is that the club can't be fixed without say a new shaft, then I'd be better off just sending it back now rather than waiting for a few weeks before finding it out from the local golf shop. In theory it could be weeks before shops are open again here. Note the club is in very good conditions so if it can be fixed that would be my preference rather than the hassle of sending back.

Thanks in advance and sorry if issue was explained in a long winded way...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Just looking for a bit of advice on a club repair issue I have. Basically I bought a used Ping G400 Crossover from a US website which I've used a good few times with no problem. However, when I received the club I found that the shaft is "loose". What I mean by this is that it seems to be able to turn. It can be rotated such that it feels firm in the hossel but I doubt it will take the impact of a shaft and ground impact before coming loose. Its an odd enough problem as the shaft doesn't feel like it'll come loose it such twists/rotates easily enough.

Anyway, I got straight on to customer service and what we basically said was that I would look into seeing if I could get it fixed and they'd sort me out with the cost of this somehow or if this was not possible I can send the club back and they'd send me a replacement or something. I'm not concerned that I won't get some kind of resolution.

In simple terms I need to get the shaft refitted (not a new shaft, just reset). Does this sound like an easy fix for somewhere like McGuirks or American Golf, both of which are close to me? Or would anyone know anywhere that's good around the D14 area.

Reason I'm looking for help or feedback is that if the general consensus is that the club can't be fixed without say a new shaft, then I'd be better off just sending it back now rather than waiting for a few weeks before finding it out from the local golf shop. In theory it could be weeks before shops are open again here. Note the club is in very good conditions so if it can be fixed that would be my preference rather than the hassle of sending back.

Thanks in advance and sorry if issue was explained in a long winded way...

Your local pro will reglue it.
    Has happened to me twice and the pro didn't charge me either time.
    Once at an away club and once at my own

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Your local pro will reglue it.
    Has happened to me twice and the pro didn't charge me either time.
    Once at an away club and once at my own[/QUOTE]

Cheers....yeah i'd say its a reglue job alright...the collar (which joins to the club head hossel) seems to be loose too....I assume the pro shop in my club will be able to help me so...fingers crossed the clubs reopen soon and we can all get back golfing in a safe environment!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Cheers....yeah i'd say its a reglue job alright...the collar (which joins to the club head hossel) seems to be loose too....I assume the pro shop in my club will be able to help me so...fingers crossed the clubs reopen soon and we can all get back golfing in a safe environment!
    It's an easy fix. The glue that's usually used is Araldite (a two part glue and hardener) which can be softened up with heat, shaft removed and then re-glued. It will probably need a new hosel protector (the plastic bit) as they usually get damaged by the heat. Surprised the head hasn't come off tbh.

Advertisement