Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A/R/TIST IN THE SPOTLIGHT - Laineyfrecks

• 15-04-2020 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭

It has been a while but I was kindly reminded that as the last one of these was myself shortly efore closing an account which mean there was no follow up but thankfully Laineyfrecks has kindly accepted my invitation

Lainey was the poster girl for the Novice thread last year making huge strides which have seen her debut in 3.42 and push on since then with a recent 1.35 PB in Bohermeen who brings positivity to every post on boards

Will ease into it.

Premier League 19/20, should it be deemed null and void? :p:p:p

Favourite race you have done?
    Favourite session?
    Least favorite session?
    Any interest in track with the addition of the brand new state of the art (grass) track in your 2k radius?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Great to see this thread up and running again....there are lots of new faces to keep it going for a while! :) Anyway I better pop in a few q's...Sorry for repeating one of L's :pac:

1. You have to never consume either a Bulmers or a Gin for the rest of your life….which would you give up?

2. After Ferraro Rocher which is your next favourite sweet/chocolate?

3. Given a choice of sub 20 for 5k, sub 40 for 10k or sub 3:15 for a marathon which would you choose?

4. Who would you like to see form the next government?

5. From reading Boards which race in Ireland that you have not run would you most like to take part in?

6. What was your best subject in school?

7. Have you run within 2 metres of a walker since the restrictions were brought in?

8. Tayto or King crisps?

9. How sad would you be if this years Premiership was declared null and void?

10. Can you run through puddles now?

11. Everton or Man Utd...which club do you prefer Liverpool to beat?

12. If you could do one of the 6 major marathons...Tokyo, Boston, London, Berlin, Chicago or New York which one would it be, and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Omeceron

1. Favourite race distance?

2. Jordan Henderson for player of the year?

3. How many pairs of runners do you own?

4. PB you are most proud of?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Absolutely excellent choice for this!!!

1. What’s the story with the freckles?
    2. skyblue46, slave driver coach or big softy?
    3. Your favorite place to run?
    4. One last run, 4 people to accompany you, who are they and why?
    5. Dublin GAA fan, yes or no?
    6. Do you hate Manchester United(best team in English football!!)??
    7. Go to meal?
    8. Boards A/R, necessary reading or plain meh?
    9. Best piece of running advice you’ve received to date and why?
    10. What’s songs are on those running tunes of yours, honest answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

1. What sport did you partake in before running?

2. What type of training session is your favourite?

3. From your growing collection if you had to choose one pair of runners which would it be?

4. Favourite running accessory?

5. Where does your mind wander to during the longer training runs?

6. You have to host a dinner party, what 3 members of A/R boardsies do you invite and why?!

7. Favourite post run snack?

8. What do you do to tough out the very hard bits in races?

9. What's the secret to your progress to date?!

10. What is your ultimate long term race goal (time)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Thanks a mill Luke, hmmm poster girl - 1st time for everything i suppose:p
    I had to search really hard for your thread & would have helped even more if i had the correct alias:rolleyes: As it's a while back i'm hoping it's not fresh in people's minds as mine will not be half as interesting or knowledgeable ;)

Premier League 19/20, should it be deemed null and void? :p:p:p

Nice easy question to start with! Ok as a Liverpool supporter, of course i would not like to see the league deemed null & void! We are only 1 game away from winning the league, something we have dreamed of for a long time now. Obviously being handed the title at this stage isn't the solution & honestly not an option i would like as a fan because we would never hear the end of it from Utd fans(OH included):p The complications behind doing this would be how do you then decide who gets relegated, Champion league spots, Championship, FA cup etc. If possible why not continue the league instead of any tournaments or pre - season games?

Favourite race you have done?

In terms of my 1st real experience at aiming for something & training for it, DCM 2019 was the all round great experience!

Then knowing i could train better & the fact i trained all through the winter in the toughest of weather & at times in the morning i never imagined possible:eek:, it would have to be Bohermeen, something really special about that race/day!

Favourite session?

I absolutely love my speed sessions, more the 2/3/4 mins at fast paces, there's something really great about them that makes me switch off from everything else that's going on & just concentrate on my running! Know that i am focusing more on having consistent splits means more concentration but so satisfying when they are spot on!

Least favorite session?

Oh god my very 1st hill session up in Stocking Lane:eek: I honestly thought i was going to die! I only learned afterwards that other runners i know call it Death Hill:eek:

Any interest in track with the addition of the brand new state of the art (grass) track in your 2k radius?:D

I actually don't know the track you are talking about(although i probably should:confused:) I've never really thought about it much. I did run in Santry many, many years ago with school but other than that i have no real experience. I ran onto the track at the end of the Tallaght 5k last year & i have to admit it did feel good:D

Thanks for the nomination & the nice easy questions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Yes, great choice!

1. Boards breaks down just as your Spotlight is announced. Coincidence?

2. Will you join a club?

3. Favourite book/film/album?

4. What drives your desire to be faster?

5. Do you remember handing me my ass in Bohermeen?

6. Who inspires you (not necessarily running related)?

[edit]
    7. Will you share one of your poems?

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Great to see this thread up and running again....there are lots of new faces to keep it going for a while! :) Anyway I better pop in a few q's...Sorry for repeating one of L's :pac:

1. You have to never consume either a Bulmers or a Gin for the rest of your life….which would you give up?

It would definitely be Pink Gin, I love my Bulmers too much;)

2. After Ferraro Rocher which is your next favourite sweet/chocolate?

Ok so anyone that knows me knows i have an extremely sweet tooth but i also go through phases of almost being addicted to certain chocolate (except Ferraro's they will always be very special to me) At the moment my slight obsession is Fry's chocolate cream bars!

3. Given a choice of sub 20 for 5k, sub 40 for 10k or sub 3:15 for a marathon which would you choose?

Well i would hope that if i ran sub 20 for my 5k that it would lead to the other times given the right training!

4. Who would you like to see form the next government?

Sinn Fein - a left Government

5. From reading Boards which race in Ireland that you have not run would you most like to take part in?

Well i was hoping to run the Bob Heffernan 5k in May to celebrate getting a year older & hopefully a PB but i will have to hold off till next year for this:pac:

6. What was your best subject in school?

English would have been my best subject(not that you would know sometimes with my spelling & grammar mistakes:rolleyes:) I loved the poetry & writing stories, was always away in a land of make believe! In fact i still love writing, have journals everywhere with ideas for short stories & have written a lot of poetry over the last few years - quite raw stuff so not to everyone's tastes!

7. Have you run within 2 metres of a walker since the restrictions were brought in?

No - I honestly cross the road or run on the road if i can!

8. Tayto or King crisps?

Ah the age old question:p Wouldn't be like me at all if i didn't complicate even the easiest question - When i make a sandwich i would put King on it but to just eat out of a packet there's honestly nothing tastier than a fresh packet of Tayto:D

9. How sad would you be if this years Premiership was declared null and void?

As someone that knows me kinda, you know i cry easily, well i would sob my little heart out & if you think i was a moody little sh!t after Jingle Bells multiply that by 10:eek:

10. Can you run through puddles now?

It took some mastering & getting used to but yes i can :cool:

11. Everton or Man Utd...which club do you prefer Liverpool to beat?

Man Utd every time! The rivalry between the clubs & fans is huge!

12. If you could do one of the 6 major marathons...Tokyo, Boston, London, Berlin, Chicago or New York which one would it be, and why?

Oh this is a tough one...I think it would have to be Berlin for me. It's somewhere i would like to race as i have heard it's a nice course & flat enough too so nice to go for my 3:15 PB ;)

Cheers for the questions, had me thinking on a few of them:D

Omeceron wrote: »

1. Favourite race distance?

As i don't have a lot of experience of races i'm going to say the half marathon up till now has been my favourite distance. I like being able to ease myself into the pace, keep going for a few miles then judging at what stage i can push on!

2. Jordan Henderson for player of the year?

Yes, he is a good all round player who doesn't get half the recognition he deserves

3. How many pairs of runners do you own?

Currently i own 7 pairs:eek: Oops i forgot the Vaporflys so 8 :D

4. PB you are most proud of?

Again it would have to be my Bohermeen PB! I honestly was not expecting that time & to get it felt amazing :D

Thanks a mill for the questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

What are your fave logs on the running forum?

Did you like school?

What's your fave running gear? Any particularly nice or preferred tops/shorts/etc.?

Worst race ever. What was it?

iPhone/Android/I don't like smartphones?

Any bucket list races? New York Marathon? Olympic 100m final? Comrades? :D

Best meal you've ever eaten?

Top 3 concerts you've been to?

Listening to any good podcasts/radio shows?

Best holiday you've ever taken.

Have you developed any new habits or routines since THE LOCKDOWN?

Are there any foods you don't eat?

Best session ever. When and why.

Do you follow any other online running content (facebook groups, message boards, etc.)?

OOnegative wrote: »
    Absolutely excellent choice for this!!!

1. What’s the story with the freckles?

How long have you got:rolleyes: Hated them growing up, the usual, got slagged over them & never felt pretty (cue the small violin) Got a nick name of frecks & it stuck with certain things! Tolerate them now haha but do like to wear make up to cover up for work etc. - although since this lockdown i haven't worn make up once :pac:

2. skyblue46, slave driver coach or big softy?

TBH he's a bit of both! Extremely fair & knowledgeable & tells me why i am doing certain sessions the way i am etc. Makes me think a lot more for myself as in what goals i set for myself not just about plucking times out of the sky & trying to run them. He's a good coach/advisor who listens to me but also isn't a pushover, tells me to cop on when i'm being a Diva;) It's exactly what i need!

3. Your favorite place to run?

The Phoenix park, so far!

4. One last run, 4 people to accompany you, who are they and why?

5. Dublin GAA fan, yes or no?

Yes but not fanatical

6. Do you hate Manchester United(best team in English football!!)??

Nope!

7. Go to meal?

At home it would have to be a nice steak with creamy mash, sauteed onions & mushrooms!
    Chinese would be Beef fried rice with bbq sauce & prawn crackers & take away would be a battered burger with garlic sauce:D

8. Boards A/R, necessary reading or plain meh?

I enjoy reading Boards A/R - I have learnt so much from others on here & more than likely i probably wouldn't be running now(definitely not as good!) without it!

9. Best piece of running advice you’ve received to date and why?

The most obvious one is to slow down! I ran everything hard before i took this on & actually didn't listen properly for a while(sorry DCM novice mentors) I honestly didn't understand how the hell this made sense but luckily I understand it a lot more now. More recently it would be something SB says to me - to train to my ability not the random target i have in my head.

10. What’s songs are on those running tunes of yours, honest answer?

Oh god my weird & wonderful playlist:eek: Just to state i already know i have the strangest playlists ever as i am being constantly told by my family!
    My marathon playlist included songs from Rihanna, Maroon 5, Black eyed peas, Snow Patrol, Calvin Harris, R.E.M, Avicii, Sia, Post Malone, The Beatles, Tom Jones, Elton John, Queen, Madonna, Kodaline, Mic Christopher, Glen Hansard, Damien Rice, Alicia Keys, Kate Bush, Amy Winehouse, The Verve, Lady gaga, Oasis, UB40, Coldplay, The Killers, The Eagles, Billy Joel, a - ha, The Police... I could go on but it's getting late:p

Cheers for the questions! Wasn't too sure about Q.4, to run with boardsies or anyone at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Cheers for the questions! Wasn't too sure about Q.4, to run with boardsies or anyone at all?

Anyone you want.

OOnegative wrote: »
    Anyone you want.

Stephen Scullion because i love his attitude & i think he would be interesting, listening to his podcasts a lot of what he says resonates with me - plus i love his accent:P
    Sonia O'Sullivan, she was such an amazing runner & someone i looked up to when i was growing up.
    Gary Clarke, a Tallaght Athletics man! I 1st ran with him in Jobstown park a long time ago & still to this day he runs by my house for his early runs no matter what the weather is! I'd like to catch up with him as he really tried to encourage me all those years ago but i just didn't listen:rolleyes:
    Finally if it's my last ever run it would have to be Skyblue46 so i could hear him tell me either how great my running career had gone or how i had wasted both his time & mine:D

1. What sport did you partake in before running?

As far back as i can remember i have always had an interest in sports & fitness. I have played GAA Football, basketball, football(started this later in life) bootcamps which led to a studio being set up where i did up to 6 classes a week & most recently before i took my running up a little more seriously I was doing Kickboxing. This i thoroughly enjoyed:D I did it for fitness reasons but did spar with youngfellas half my age:eek: - scary at first but then i got used to it! We did some Fujitsu training too so my petite size became an advantage to me as when we were grappling i was able to maneuver myself away easily enough!

2. What type of training session is your favourite?

Speed sessions:D

3. From your growing collection if you had to choose one pair of runners which would it be?

For my speed sessions etc it has to be the Nike Pegasus and for my long runs it would have to be my Asic gels.

4. Favourite running accessory?

Gonna say my earphones, don't use them for every run but sometimes i just need to get lost in my (weird but wonderful) music!

5. Where does your mind wander to during the longer training runs?

God how do i answer this! My mind can literally go anywhere... suppose sometimes it depends on the day i've had? If you read my log back when i was training you'll see how weird it could be! They still slag me over the jelly babies story at home. The thing is as i was imagining all this on the run & thinking how to word it i had the biggest grin on my face - i often think i am way funnier than i actually am! I am one of those people who laugh at their own stories before i even get to finish it:pac:

6. You have to host a dinner party, what 3 members of A/R boardsies do you invite and why?!

Hmmm I think my 1st guest would be Swashbuckler(sweatlicker) just to find out his actual running habits & to confirm he does not in fact lick sweat;)
    Then it would have to be Itziger & Skyblue46 to see if i could help this online bromance become a reality:D I also think there would be some very interesting discussions from all 3 & throw in a few beers this could make for a very interesting dinner party!

7. Favourite post run snack?

Usually scrambled egg on a bagel or wholegrain toast, some fruit & washed down with my Vitamin C tablet/drink.

8. What do you do to tough out the very hard bits in races?

Had to think about this one! This is probably the time my weird mind actually works well for me! I chat to myself all the time in a race. Always tell myself i'm not a quitter, tell myself i have worked hard for this so why the hell throw it all away? I think of who i might let down & why it's not an option! Then i start picking out maybe a certain distance or a person ahead... ok just get to 1 more mile then you can go easier or get to that girl in the pink top then it's ok to ease off but with the competitive side in me that never really happens, i nearly always find something in the tank near the end & convince myself the quicker i get over that line the quicker this pain stops!

9. What's the secret to your progress to date?!

haha there's no secret! I think i genuinely love running, therefore i work very hard & show commitment to each plan i do. I think i am a stubborn person which means i don't give up very easily, that along with my determination has gotten me this far. Plus i am becoming better at listening & taking on advice, having a coach/advisor has brought me on immensely to which i am very grateful for.

10. What is your ultimate long term race goal (time)?

My ultimate goal is to keep running long term & hopefully stay injury free. I would just like to make all the gains i possibly can to the best of my ability at that given time in my training. I can't really put a time on it but i would love to run a really good marathon one day, a marathon & time to be really proud of!

Cheers for all the questions, some really interesting ones there:D

Murph_D wrote: »
    Yes, great choice!

1. Boards breaks down just as your Spotlight is announced. Coincidence?

Maybe, maybe not! I guess we'll never know;)

2. Will you join a club?

Honestly, i don't think so! It's not something that interests me at the moment. A few friends in a local club have asked me a few times to join but it's just not for me now.

3. Favourite book/film/album?

So many to choose from! I read when i get the time & this can vary from book to book. Most recently I have been reading easy books like Oh my god what a complete Aisling, before that i would have read a lot of novels based on true stories & autobiographies like Stephen Gerard & Jamie Carragher. The one book that sticks out in my mind is To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, i read it in school but only re read it a while back, classic novel.
    Again so many films, I'm a big romantic & a whinger so love anything i can cry to! Champ - jaysus an emotional wreck every single time, Christmas being one of my fav times it has to be It's a Wonderful Life & Love Actually. But the film that stands out the most is Dirty Dancing - my dad wanted to throw out the VHS tape i watched it that many times :D
    Again hard to choose! I love songs more than i love a whole album but growing up again my dad was both sick of the film & the cassette of The Commitments soundtrack, also Madonna the immaculate Collection. I loved R.E.M Automatic for the people and in most recent times Damien Rice O album.

4. What drives your desire to be faster?

I think my determination, competitiveness & stubbornness drives me to want to be faster! I couldn't hit one of my sessions the other day spot on so i will not move on in my plan until i can hit that session correctly, the satisfaction from that will be immense. I am in no hurry to get to where i am going, i am enjoying my running journey & learning as the weeks go by that it's about those small steps to progress rather than just ultimately wanting to be fast!

5. Do you remember handing me my ass in Bohermeen?

Haha no i don't, but what a fine ass it is i'm sure;)

6. Who inspires you (not necessarily running related)?

At this stage in my life i don't really look up to many people as such ie famous people. I do admire a lot of everyday people around me though. I mentioned him earlier but Gary, an older runner but god the man is so determined, running since i can remember & a great attitude to go with it. My mam would be another unsung hero! Not the easiest of lives (raising a demanding diva is never easy:D) but she always put me & my brothers 1st even when she didn't have a lot! I admire her heart of gold but toughness too, something i aspire to be even half of! People who work hard with no excuses, are fairly positive(not always easy) aren't afraid to stand up for what they believe in, they are the kind of people that inspire me:D

[edit]
    7. Will you share one of your poems?

So like i said the stuff i write is usually taken from everyday life, not to everyone's taste but that's ok;) I wrote this at one of the more difficult times with my son who is now 10. It has been a long hard journey with him(story for another day) Took years to get any kind of diagnosis & now need to review it as i believe there's more that Sensory Processing Disorder going on...

Mammy today I wake up smiling, I feel happy, I feel good
    Mammy I don't mind the clothes you picked out for me, I won't pull at the neck because it doesn't bother me for now
    Mammy I love you so much, Mammy can I have a tight hug please?
    Mammy as the day goes on I simply can't promise you that i will feel like this
    Mammy it's so hard when I don't really understand what's going on myself!
    Mammy why am I so different?
    Mammy why am I a little rougher than other kids? Mammy I really don't mean to be,
    Mammy why do some things affect me differently to other people, why does my skin hurt when the water is barely warm?
    Mammy why do I have to take my shoes off immediately when I get home?
    Mammy I am listening I promise, even when I can't look you in the eyes & look distracted!
    Mammy I get so angry & frustrated, it's really not fair, I just can't control it
    Mammy I need to go to my room, I think I am going to have a meltdown...
    Mammy I want to pull my duvet off my bed, throw all my teddies on the floor, anything that makes me feel a little better,
    Mammy during my meltdown I will tell you that I hate you, I will tell you that you are mean, I will make faces at you, I will tell you that nobody loves me, that maybe I should never have been born!
    Mammy no matter how much you try to reassure me, I will not believe you.
    Mammy I really can't control this feeling of hate I have for myself right now, I wish I could, I wish I knew how,
    But mammy once you walk away or I see you cry, you look so worn out, so sad - I then cry myself & we hug & cry together...
    Mammy I have now come out of my meltdown,
    Mammy I am so sorry for the hurtful things I said, I really didn't mean them!
    Mammy promise me that you know how much I love you all, mammy I really do
    Mammy I don't understand all these thoughts in my head, there's too many to process, mammy please make them stop, I just want to sleep!
    Mammy please always help me, I am your little boy.

Good questions Murph, enjoyed answering them:D

Ah - great answers. I really like the poem. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Wow!

Great poem that. Superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Are you Jobstown born and bred?? Worked up there for 13 years...lot of great memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

Gary Clarke, a Tallaght Athletics man! I 1st ran with him in Jobstown park a long time ago & still to this day he runs by my house for his early runs no matter what the weather is! I'd like to catch up with him as he really tried to encourage me all those years ago but i just didn't listen:rolleyes:
    Finally if it's my last ever run it would have to be Skyblue46 so i could hear him tell me either how great my running career had gone or how i had wasted both his time & mine:D

The man really is an institution think I knew of him long before ever met him when I joined the club (though back then he was just Santa :P)

I actually don't know the track you are talking about(although i probably should:confused:) I've never really thought about it much. I did run in Santry many, many years ago with school but other than that i have no real experience. I ran onto the track at the end of the Tallaght 5k last year & i have to admit it did feel good:D

Might be a bit of hidden secret (popped up on my facebook as originally from the area) but one of the lads cut out a 2 lane grass track on the Green in Belgard.

healy1835 wrote: »
    Are you Jobstown born and bred?? Worked up there for 13 years...lot of great memories.

I'm originally from Springfield that's where my parents still live but been living in Jobstown for about 18 years now! Where did you work? Did you live local too?

KSU wrote: »
    The man really is an institution think I knew of him long before ever met him when I joined the club (though back then he was just Santa :P

Ah - know who you’re talking about now! Quite a striking figure alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

I'm originally from Springfield that's where my parents still live but been living in Jobstown for about 18 years now! Where did you work? Did you live local too?

Was in St Thomas SNS.....the commute from Newbridge eventually became too much of an effort :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Oooooh, love these! Ok, I've got a few:

1. Ideal evening/night out in Dublin: what would it be?

2. What do you do in your non-running life? And do you ever wish you could go back and do something completely different? If so what would it be?

3. Do you get the dread before any particular kinds of sessions or races?

4. Favourite non-running way to spend your free time?

5. How are you so speedy? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I can confirm I do infact lick sweat, just not off the kerbs - I wouldn't stoop that low.
    As for being a dinner guest - thank you! I think many a beverage would be had at that dinner table!

Was really interesting to see your mental approach in races - me and you are very similar in that sense.

Hopefully I don't duplicate questions - let me know if I do.

1. How are you so fast!!

2. Do you ever struggle with work/life/running balance? If so, any tips?

3. If you could run through the wilderness, run by a lake/ocean, run on a mountain or run through a desert which would you choose?

4. Favourite post race treat?

5. Any specific long term goals other than improvement?

6. If you could run any major marathon which would be your first choice?

7. You're about to get the electric chair (lol) - whats your last meal?

8. If you could visit any place in the world (no restrictions) , where would it be and why?

9. What has been the hardest part of the past few months for you in terms of the pandemic?

10. Favourite sandwich?

11. Do you think you'll ever stop being hard on yourself for not "nailing" sessions ( I blame your coach for not explaining to you that running is effort based and not pace based ;) )

Wow!

Great poem that. Superb.
    Ah - great answers. I really like the poem. Thanks for that.

Thanks a mill, writing along with running really helps me! Nice to share a poem as it's not something I would usually do, but glad you asked D:D

healy1835 wrote: »
    Was in St Thomas SNS.....the commute from Newbridge eventually became too much of an effort :)

Ah yes that's just up the road from me! God yeah that was some journey to be making everyday. My kids went to St. Marks in Springfield, was a lot handier for my mam who minds them for me while I work! (well only the youngest left there now)

KSU wrote: »
    The man really is an institution think I knew of him long before ever met him when I joined the club (though back then he was just Santa :P)

Might be a bit of hidden secret (popped up on my facebook as originally from the area) but one of the lads cut out a 2 lane grass track on the Green in Belgard.
    Ah - know who you’re talking about now! Quite a striking figure alright.

Yes he only lives down the road from me & for years my kids thought he was santa! We just call him Jesus, lovely man, very quiet except when he would get a few Guinness into him & give out to me for not keeping up the running if I meet him in our local The Jobber;)

I think that track is just out of my 2K radius, otherwise I might have given it a go:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

@Swashbuckler.. sweatlicker... grosse! :eek:

Great Choice to kick this off KSU. Is there anything left to ask :confused:

If you could have any super power, what would it be and what would you use if for? :P

If you could use only one smiley from Boards limited few, which would it be and what does that say about your online persona? :o:p:):D:eek::confused:

What are the first 2 things you do every morning?

Celebrity deathmatch - OoNegative vs Skyblue46... who wins and why? :D

Can you lift all your kids at once? And would you change your super power to this if you can't? :pac:

What is your favourite section to run on your local everyday route?

When did you last laugh until your belly hurt? What did it? :)

Thank you for the entertainment so far :pac: did I use the appropriate amount of smilies? :o:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

1. If, in some parallel universe, you could run your first marathon again then what would you do differently in the months of training leading up to it?

2. What advice/suggestions would you give to someone half-thinking about taking up running but not sure if it is something they could do?

3. How is the sub-20 5K project going or where is it on the list of running priorities?

Singer wrote: »

What are your fave logs on the running forum?

Yours:D

Did you like school?

I loved the social aspect of it seeing my friends, also the sporty parts of it but I wasn't very academic so hated that part! I never applied myself properly and like most kids I just couldn't wait to be a "grown up" & now I wish I was back in those care free days!

What's your fave running gear? Any particularly nice or preferred tops/shorts/etc.?

I have a pair of Nike Dry fit shorts that are so comfy & definitely my go to shorts. I have a few nice vest tops too, an luminous orange Adidas one being my fav at the moment!

Worst race ever. What was it?

Definitely without a shadow of a doubt Jingle Bells...we shall not open up those wounds again:rolleyes:

iPhone/Android/I don't like smartphones?

Smartphone

Any bucket list races? New York Marathon? Olympic 100m final? Comrades? :D

New York would be amazing for sure. I think I would just like to run in as many beautiful places as I can:)

Best meal you've ever eaten?

Oh god that's hard! I am more of a grazer when it comes to food so sometimes a big meal can put me off! My Favourite place of all time to eat is Salamanca's in Town, all Tapas so it means I get to choose lot's of different foods but small
    portions!

Top 3 concerts you've been to?

Damien Rice in the Iveagh Gardens in 2015, nothing will ever top this concert! The weather was perfect & while the concert was on my other favourite artist Glen Hansard was just casually chilling under a huge tree enjoying the concert. My love for Damien Rice goes way back to when he 1st set up his band Juniper & he used to play in our local Gaa club. I used to chat to him when he got a break & quickly fell in "love" with him. A long story but we had arranged to go on a date but he got a puncture in his bike & well it just never happened(realistically it was never going to happen, what would a 19 year old see in a 15 year old haha) but we did remain friends for a bit & he regularly invited me to his gigs!

Glen Hansard in Vicar Street 2016 singing songs wrote by fellow singer & friend Mic Christoper who tragically died very young. Another amazing gig, Glen gives so much to his performances and like Damien he is an amazing story teller. Plus his gigs go on forever, he finishes much later than normal so for all his gigs I would fall home p!ssed! I have been every year since with my brother who buys me the ticket as my Christmas present as he loves him just as much as me:D

Cold Play in Croke Park 2017, again another brilliant gig. This was a very special concert as it was my friend & neighbor's anniversary & he absolutely loved them so his wife & daughter organised us all to go in & we had t-shirts printed with an amazing picture of him at his last Coldplay gig! This man was larger than life & a personality to go with it. Tragically he died of a massive heart attack at the very young age of 37... There was easily about 20 of us & because the weather was so amazing we bought cans/drink in some of the shops near the canal & sat there toasting a drink to our friend Bisto:D Amazing memories of the whole gig, was very sad at times but amazing too.

Listening to any good podcasts/radio shows?

Really enjoying Stephen Scullion at the moment.

Best holiday you've ever taken.

My honeymoon to Disneyland in Florida was amazing so much to see & do & having the 2 girls with us made it that bit special:D
    But for me New York with my daughter last year was unbelievable! This is somewhere I have always dreamed of going & it did not disappoint! She got it for my 40th birthday & it was really special just the 2 of us. It was snowing while we were there & I never forget getting up super early(jetlag plus I don't sleep much) I left my daughter in bed & walked down to the nearest Starbucks, had a cup of tea & a glazed doughnut & sat on my own by the window just people watching, it was amazing.

Have you developed any new habits or routines since THE LOCKDOWN?

Not wearing make up would be the biggest thing for me! It was always the 1st thing I put on leaving the house but not now.

Are there any foods you don't eat?

Hmm I would generally try anything but wouldn't be a fan of really spicy food.

Best session ever. When and why.

I can't really think of any specific session but my more recent speed sessions where I am hitting the paces spot on are giving me great satisfaction.

Do you follow any other online running content (facebook groups, message boards, etc.)?

I follow a couple of running related stuff on FB & Twitter but would find boards is most definitely my go to place!

Cheers for the few questions, as you can see I find it hard not to waffle at times:P

• Advertisement

eyrie wrote: »
    Oooooh, love these! Ok, I've got a few:

1. Ideal evening/night out in Dublin: what would it be?

A trip to Salamancas for an early bird & then a few drinks in a few different pubs around town or Salamancas with my friends & a trip to the Bord Gais theatre - love a good musical:D

2. What do you do in your non-running life? And do you ever wish you could go back and do something completely different? If so what would it be?

I just try to stay on top of life basically! Organise the kids, house etc nothing too exciting!
    Yes I do wish I had done better in school & gone onto college. As I said somewhere else I just wanted to get out of school & grow up way too quickly! I had my daughter at 18 so believe me growing up was the only option I had, I got a job, bills etc all the adult stuff. I'm not making excuses here either there are lot's of people that have babies young & go to college but back then for me it really wasn't an option & realistically i'm not sure how focused I would have been! God hindsight is an amazing thing:) I don't for one minute regret having her, she's an amazing girl but it wasn't easy & made me maturer for my years(obviously I am regressing now to make up for it;)) It is something I have thought about, maybe doing a course 1st but again something I seem to be putting on the long finger!

3. Do you get the dread before any particular kinds of sessions or races?

It really depends on my mood, sleep etc. Like at the moment I still love my sessions but finding motivation is tough right now, usually the dread is that I won't hit the paces. Again with racing it comes back to how I feel that day! I felt a lot of dread for Jingle Bells but I think I just knew that wasn't going to happen, but then take Bohermeen I was so relaxed & put my faith in my training & actually didn't have an dread that day!

4. Favourite non-running way to spend your free time?

What do you mean non - running? Is there life outside of running:eek: Joking aside outside of lockdown I have a fairly hectic week. I work full time so could be 6 by the time I get home, then it's dinners & food prep for the next day. My son takes up a lot of my time in the evenings too. If I get a min I like to write or read for a bit. At the weekends I love to spend time with my Grandson, he's the most amazing little person ever:D

5. How are you so speedy? :pac:

Haha thanks, having 3 brothers & always fighting with them or causing rows at home I think it could have been developed from running away from my mother:P

Thanks a mill for your questions C, really had to think about some of them:D

Advertisement