Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sounds coming from the sky recently

• 23-06-2019 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

I was on YouTube and seen reports of weird trumpet like noises coming from the sky,it happened a few years ago.

Supposedly it's been heard from the Burren up as far as Connemara last week.

Is it a weather phenomenon ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

lol heard regularly in west Clare and Galway from time to time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Must be the saints gone marching in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Muslim call to prayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

There's a fella who plays the trumpet on Arklow beach the odd time. Could be him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

The sky gods are angry at so many people saying seen when they should say saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

End of times or you know maybe man made (but that just sounds crazy)

fritzelly wrote: »
    End of times or you know maybe man made (but that just sounds crazy)

You're ruling out women?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭highdef

You're ruling out women?

Assuming you are just trolling but man made is not gender specific. It's just a term:

Made by humans rather than occurring in nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

highdef wrote: »
    Assuming you are just trolling but man made is not gender specific. It's just a term:

Made by humans rather than occurring in nature.

"trolling" lol
    It's a joke, you imbecile.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

"trolling" lol

No jokes allowed anymore.
    Jokes about gender will be punishable by death.

The world 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You're ruling out women?

If it was woman made you would never hear the end of it.

"trolling" lol

In fairness, there are quite a few people who genuinely get worked up about the use of the word "man" so what I said was reasonable unlike yourself who needs to resort to personal insults which I believe are not tolerated here.

• This thread is brought to you after hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

When I was out walking before 5 am today there was a dreadful cafuffle coming from the opposite shore.. definitely terrified geese but also an.... unknown sound that was quite fearsome..

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

lol heard regularly in west Clare and Galway from time to time

The Burren is in North Clare...

I'm not trolling just wondering if it's a load of hogwash or doe's anyone here have any input

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I used to always hear a hum around my house. Turned out it was just tinnitus!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Remember this from Kerry back in 2012? (and no Healy-Rae jokes, please )

https://www.irishexaminer.com/irelan...ng-185609.html

(edit: I posted this earlier in another thread by mistake)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Its actually the solar particles interacting with the magnetosphere and produces these groaning sounds (this is off the top of my head and open to corections could be the ionisphere either), there was a spate of this up in louth a few years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

highdef wrote: »
    In fairness, there are quite a few people who genuinely get worked up about the use of the word "man"

If people get worked up over something as harmless as this, then we should go out of our way to work them up some more. They really must have nothing else going on in their lives.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭ Delilah Unsightly Pedestrian

Myself and my mother were walking the beach in Bettystown Co Meath last week and heard about 10 seconds of a bizarre trumpet / metal being dragged on metal sound coming from the sky, hairs stood on my arms it was that bizarre.

Today, a number of people in Drogheda, Slane & Dundalk reported hearing similar. These are all within 30km of each other. Someone managed to record it and this is the exact same sound we heard last week.

I note a lot of people on similar videos say they are hoaxes and I'd believe that myself had we not heard them in person.

Baffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

Myself and my mother were walking the beach in Bettystown Co Meath last week and heard about 10 seconds of a bizarre trumpet / metal being dragged on metal sound coming from the sky, hairs stood on my arms it was that bizarre.

Today, a number of people in Drogheda, Slane & Dundalk reported hearing similar. These are all within 30km of each other. Someone managed to record it and this is the exact same sound we heard last week.

I note a lot of people on similar videos say they are hoaxes and I'd believe that myself had we not heard them in person.

Baffled.

It may not be coming from the sky? It’s very strange indeed. It would make my hairs stand too if I heard it especially if you heard it at night time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭ Delilah Unsightly Pedestrian

pad199207 wrote: »
    It may not be coming from the sky? It’s very strange indeed. It would make my hairs stand too if I heard it especially if you heard it at night time.

Possibly not the sky alright just made me look up and west (away from the Sea). A really horrible / uncomfortable sound.

Could it be something going at Irish Cement between Drogheda and Duleek?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

I see it is not far from Drogheda Port, sometimes when drawing back the covers of the holds they can be quite loud echoing through the ship? Might also be the crane scraping off the bottom of the hold. By the way some bird song in the video above.

Link from google of Drogheda Port company , Tom Roes Point Terminal, click on pic to enlarge.

https://g.page/DroghedaPort?share

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Very weird! Only listening through crappy lap top speaker, but each of the 'notes' in those sounds are in tune with one another. It almost sounds like a male choir practicing specific parts of a tune or something.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

End of Days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,913 ✭✭✭tom1ie

I used to hear this sound emanating from key waste on the Greenhills road.
    I’m pretty sure it’s metal pushing along metal with the use of a crane. The sound then reverberates around the yard etc and Eminates our around the area.
    Sounds like war of the worlds on that video though.
    Very good.

Advertisement