Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Membership

Options
  • 15-04-2020 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

What are peoples thought's on life membership at a golf course. Is it worth it? How do u determine so? It is 10 years sub or what?

Should it only be considered for people aged under 50 or 40 or what? Any thoughts welcomed as it's something that I am considering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Salvadoor

If you can afford it - go for it, but you'll have to consider in the current climate if the club will still be in existence in 1/5/10 years for your upfront investment to be worth it.

I wonder if clubs will consider selling lifetime membership in order to generate some quick healthy cashflows as the fall off in green fees etc this year will be significant. It could be worthwhile for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I've never heard of this, is it a thing in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

We opened a driving range in our place a couple of years ago and they offered a deal for lifetime range membership. Think it was about €800, which I went for.

Thought it was good value given I'd tend to hit some balls before every round

Advertisement