Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

naughto wrote: »
    How strict are they with the 80gb allowance

With 3 at the minute 20 euro a month job

Iam in line of site with the mast with 3 and eir/gomo on it
    And use it in a router

Once you exceed 80gb speeds go to a crawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Mr.S wrote: »
    MMS? Long SMS? What year is it!?

I miss Snake :(

I'm in East Mayo for the last month. My Gomo sim is completely unusable for data. I get nothing. My 3 Sim is ok. Not great, but at least I get 3g.

I'm kinda surprised all operators didn't follow 3's lead and lift all data caps because of the virus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I'm in East Mayo for the last month. My Gomo sim is completely unusable for data. I get nothing. My 3 Sim is ok. Not great, but at least I get 3g.

I'm kinda surprised all operators didn't follow 3's lead and lift all data caps because of the virus

Have you exceeded the 80GB?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

apologies if this has been asked already....

...but is there anyway to find out how much data you've used??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so how will i know if i hit my 80gb max?

You'll get an SMS when you hit 60GB, then you'll notice the hard way when you hit 80GB. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

fryup wrote: »
    apologies if this has been asked already....

...but is there anyway to find out how much data you've used??

Just set your data tracker to the 1st of the month. Mine seems to be accurate and they also alert you at 80% i.e. 64GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Easiest method is to set it up on your mobile under the data settings, set it to start at the 1st of each month, it has always been accurate for me, you can set an alert as well to notify you when he hit a certain limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Data goes to an absolute crawl. Won't be able to stream anything and even loading pages is slow.

I use a TM sim (dual sim phone) as a back up. I use a €5 tesco voucher for the €15 top up on their rewards. No contract and just using the data when required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

Is there a limit to all you can eat data on 3 network.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

80gb on gomo seems to be strictly enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Any extra charges for a conference call to 2 irish mobile numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,438 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Yep. About 40 bucks extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

kippy wrote: »
    Yep. About 40 bucks extra.

I thought extras were limited to €30 a month.

We have an out of plan spend limit of €30. This means you can spend up to €30 on charges that are not included in your plan. This includes Premium Rate Services such as 1890/1850 numbers, any non-standard text messages, roaming over the EU cap, roaming outside the EU and international calls and texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

paddy19 wrote:
    We have an out of plan spend limit of €30. This means you can spend up to €30 on charges that are not included in your plan. This includes Premium Rate Services such as 1890/1850 numbers, any non-standard text messages, roaming over the EU cap, roaming outside the EU and international calls and texts.

1850/1890 calls are now included in the plan. This has been the case since Dec 19 I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,792 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey folks, I've been with GOMO Since the week they launched and service has been fine and I've saved a lot compared to my own plan.

Thankfully, nothing has "gone wrong" with service, but I've had 3 or 4 questions for Customer Service and have found them to be pretty terrible at responding, I think I've managed to speak to them once over live chat, never had any response to emails.

Anyway, maybe someone here knows. I'm considering getting a second sim card and I'm just wondering is it possible to have 2 sims on the one account and have both come out via direct debit at the same time?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

cormie wrote: »
    Hey folks, I've been with GOMO Since the week they launched and service has been fine and I've saved a lot compared to my own plan.

Thankfully, nothing has "gone wrong" with service, but I've had 3 or 4 questions for Customer Service and have found them to be pretty terrible at responding, I think I've managed to speak to them once over live chat, never had any response to emails.

Anyway, maybe someone here knows. I'm considering getting a second sim card and I'm just wondering is it possible to have 2 sims on the one account and have both come out via direct debit at the same time?

You can have 2 sims on the one account charged to the same debit/credit card.

Thanks a lot, is that the max per account, or you can have as many as you want? And how would I go about ordering to make sure it's on the same account?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks a lot, is that the max per account, or you can have as many as you want? And how would I go about ordering to make sure it's on the same account?
    Actually you can have up to four lines per account now. Just sign into your My GoMo account and ask for an additional SIM. Remember that you'll be charged 12.99 per month for the second line.

• Advertisement

Hey thanks a lot for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Hey. Is there any delay ordering GoMo sims at the minute given the current situation? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Looptheloop30

I've been told that as long as they are to numbers on an Irish network then they are included in the plan.

For what it's worth

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Has anyone had periods of the internet being unusable for a few hours at a time? Two separate days over the last two weeks it’s just been crawling for me. It’s back to normal again today. No other complaints. Great service so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Has anyone had periods of the internet being unusable for a few hours at a time? Two separate days over the last two weeks it’s just been crawling for me. It’s back to normal again today. No other complaints. Great service so far.

For me it's very slow every evening from 5ish on.
    When working from home I can use my phone as a hotspot for remote working from 6am to 3pm without problem but after that I can barely browse Twitter or watch YouTube/Netflix on the phone.
    It has to be a capacity issue on the eir network/masts where I am as a few km up the road it works flawlessly even in the evenings

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Snukka

theShire wrote: »
    For me it's very slow every evening from 5ish on.
    When working from home I can use my phone as a hotspot for remote working from 6am to 3pm without problem but after that I can barely browse Twitter or watch YouTube/Netflix on the phone.
    It has to be a capacity issue on the eir network/masts where I am as a few km up the road it works flawlessly even in the evenings

The 4g is gone completely for me since 4pm, only getting 3g by manually selecting it, seems plenty more with same issue today with eir/gomo going by Twitter etc. But yeah other then that the speeds have been a disaster since lockdown etc, its maxed out !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WashYourHands

Has anyone cancelled? I had planned to move to GoMo from Three but can't be arsed. Wondering how easy it is to cancel..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Has anyone cancelled? I had planned to move to GoMo from Three but can't be arsed. Wondering how easy it is to cancel..

The OH was going to move to gomo from three and rang to cancel. Three offered her the same deal for twelve months. So worth the slight inconvenience of ringing them to say you're thinking of moving. Especially with no data looks effectively.

I moved two numbers and save 30 a month. No brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I did a speed test yesterday, got 82 down, 28 up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Got 10Mb speeds last week with full signal and a cell tower visible from my bedroom window. At work now with full 4G signal and 4.76Mb/6.88Mb. Used to get 40-70Mb.

250Mb Virgin at home gets me 10Mb on WiFi rather than the usual 90-100Mb.

Are speeds being throttled or are they just genuinely that congested? I never noticed reduced speeds outside of work hours when everyone would generally be streaming but now that people are working from home, stuck inside or have extra people streaming everything is super slow at all times. I would have thought streaming services limiting their quality would have made up for the increased streaming.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement