Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Stamp Booklet €8 for 10 stamps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,377 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

It's even free delivery this time too. I was charged for delivery the time before last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭shnaek

Cheers, 81r2 - just put in an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,377 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Just twigged that stamps are due to increase to 1.10 but were postponed for covid-19. 10% more bargain so!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭KathleenF

Super BA, fair play. Bought €40 of stamps, saved a tenner, delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Do they saw ‘love and marriage’ on them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Thought I was ordering the €8 pack but ordered the€10 pack!
    Why couldn't they put it on the top line!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

Is it the love and marriage stamps that's the bargain?
    Also, if these are N stamps, does that mean they are not suitable for international usage? tia

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

dennispenn wrote: »
    Also, if these are N stamps, does that mean they are not suitable for international usage? tia

Yup its the loves, and yes you have to buy a different one to use internationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

dennispenn wrote: »

International is 1.70, so 1 x N stamp + a 70c stamp

also, no rush, offer is valid until 3rd May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

81r2 wrote: »
    Bought some today 12 Apr 2020. 'N' stamps 10 for the price of 8. https://www.anpost.com/Shop/Stamps-labels/National-Stamps

Cheers 81r2, just bought 2 packs, great for Christmas Cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Separately but kind of related, I bought a book of stamps on 31 March and they have not delivered yet. Not sure if it's a Covid-19 related delay (I thought post was an essential service) but it's surprising to me that it's taken 2 weeks for delivery already. Just in case any of you are looking for these stamps in a hurry...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

Separately but kind of related, I bought a book of stamps on 31 March and they have not delivered yet. Not sure if it's a Covid-19 related delay (I thought post was an essential service) but it's surprising to me that it's taken 2 weeks for delivery already. Just in case any of you are looking for these stamps in a hurry...

I also bought a book on the 31st of March which have not been delivered yet, i tried contacting them, but their contact us section doesn't deal with stamps, and the contact details they gave me for the stamp department just rings out / e-mail unanswered,

so it appears to me their stamp division is closed until further notice as non essential.

Edit: Just got this in an e-mail:
    "Dear Customer,

Following direction from Government and the HSE, we have taken appropriate measures to ensure the safety of our staff who are continuing to work at his difficult time.

In order to adhere to social distancing guidelines, we are operating a limited service and sadly, delays are unavoidable.

If you have already placed an order, please bear with us but rest assured that staff are working hard to manage the situation as best we can.

Please stay safe and we will all get through this together"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

I was waiting a similar period for delivery. They probably should catch up on the backlog before launching a promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brandonviewer

Anyone having difficulty in ordering these? As soon as I go to check out it won't allow me to input payment details and then tells me an error has occurred and redirects me back to the an post site.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Pistachio

Anyone having difficulty in ordering these? As soon as I go to check out it won't allow me to input payment details and then tells me an error has occurred and redirects me back to the an post site.
    I just placed an order this morning, went through no bother, got email confirmation immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Stamps arrived this morning! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Sonya4u

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Senature

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

81r2 wrote: »
    Bought some today 12 Apr 2020. 'N' stamps 10 for the price of 8. https://www.anpost.com/Shop/Stamps-labels/National-Stamps

Thanks for this.

Also worth noting that for international letters (currently €1.70 two of these stamps work out cheaper and will suffice)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There were previous threads on N stamps.

From what I remember a N stamp is always worth the value that it costs to post a regular letter in Ireland. So in 10 years time if it costs a fiver to post a letter then the N stamp is worth that.

This goes for international too. Someone said international was 1.70 and a N is worth 1euro.

So they do not necessarily put price increases up by the same %, if an international goes up to 3euro and a N does not go up and remains 1 euro you need 3 N stamps. Or it can obviously work the other way around.

My understanding is that multiples can also be put on big parcels, so could be used by ebay sellers, plastering packages with wedding N stamps up to whatever value, which I guess an post figure a business would not really like to do as it would look bizarre to the receiver.

-somebody might correct the above info so do not go buying loads on the basis of it!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

rubadub wrote: »
    There were previous threads on N stamps.

From what I remember a N stamp is always worth the value that it costs to post a regular letter in Ireland. So in 10 years time if it costs a fiver to post a letter then the N stamp is worth that.

This goes for international too. Someone said international was 1.70 and a N is worth 1euro.

So they do not necessarily put price increases up by the same %, if an international goes up to 3euro and a N does not go up and remains 1 euro you need 3 N stamps. Or it can obviously work the other way around.

My understanding is that multiples can also be put on big parcels, so could be used by ebay sellers, plastering packages with wedding N stamps up to whatever value, which I guess an post figure a business would not really like to do as it would look bizarre to the receiver.

-somebody might correct the above info so do not go buying loads on the basis of it!

Absolutely correct. I sent a parcel to someone recently that was plastered in love stamps! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Quackster wrote: »
    Absolutely correct. I sent a parcel to someone recently that was plastered in love stamps! :D
    I was so happy to receive it too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I ordered on the 15th Apr and didnt receive or get a confirmation email since. Just checked this thread and realise theres a backup so thats ok. I dont believe there was a delay notice on the sales page of their website on the day I bought them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Thanks op. Ordered the day you posted, got confirmation email and one saying there were delays, arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

Ordered 4 booklets on April 13th, arrived this morning. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭not1but4

For an A4 sized envelope how many National Stamps are needed on the envelope? As I normally pay 2€ when I go the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭KathleenF

Mine arrived today, thanks a mil OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

Mine just arrived by registered post. I selected normal delivery so was a bit freaked when the postman arrived with a registered letter. The relief when it was just two books of stamps :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Got mine today too OP - I always stock up on these as I love sending cards!

Advertisement