Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

For the Wolftrap I say it was the owner, who was well-liked in town and tried new things for the pub. Theme nights, comedy nights etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Best place to watch Liverpool match this morning ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Anyone any reccomendations for a driving instructor for an pcoming test in Tullamore? Person is experienced driver that's failed the test twice in Tullamore, nerves gets the better of them. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Lundstram wrote: »
    Anyone any reccomendations for a driving instructor for an pcoming test in Tullamore? Person is experienced driver that's failed the test twice in Tullamore, nerves gets the better of them. Thanks.

Doing my lessons with Adrians' driving school. They are from Birr do Tullamore area, I find them great. I am an experienced driver too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Guill wrote: »
    Doing my lessons with Adrians' driving school. They are from Birr do Tullamore area, I find them great. I am an experienced driver too.

I was in the very same situation as the OP. Third attempt was in Adrian's car. passed with no issues. I done the pre-test, and then the test in his car over a 2 hour period, and it was well worth the money spent. He was a gent, and knew exactly how to prepare me, and calm my nerves beforehand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I remember learning to drive in Tullamore. I was given the number of an instructor who I was told was very good. I rang her and told her my situation, I was in my early 20's and had no experience driving. She didn't seem to belive me. She kept asking did my father drive or anyone in my family? I told her no and made it clear I was starting from scratch. She didn't seem to accept this.

She brought me onto a busy main road and put me behind the wheel of the car.
    I had no idea of what I was doing and the car kept stalling with loads of traffic behind us. She had to jump out of the passenger side and take over.

We pulled into the side of the road and said I needed someone else and that she was to "advance" for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

jface187 wrote: »
    I remember learning to drive in Tullamore. I was given the number of an instructor who I was told was very good. I rang her and told her my situation, I was in my early 20's and had no experience driving. She didn't seem to belive me. She kept asking did my father drive or anyone in my family? I told her no and made it clear I was starting from scratch. She didn't seem to accept this.

She brought me onto a busy main road and put me behind the wheel of the car.
    I had no idea of what I was doing and the car kept stalling with loads of traffic behind us. She had to jump out of the passenger side and take over.

We pulled into the side of the road and said I needed someone else and that she was to "advance" for me.

I hope you found a proper understanding driving instructor to teach you how to drive. Best of luck.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

jface187 wrote: »

It's literally her job to teach you the basics. She shouldn't be an instructor if she's not able/willing to do that. Hope it went better with the next person, as a good instructor is vital for learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I see the FaceBook page for Copper Pot still had a post on Saturday that said "coming soon". But the post seems to be gone now along with all their old posts.

Also anybody know when the Manor is opening again, I've heard from a very good source that it is opening again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I see the FaceBook page for Copper Pot still had a post on Saturday that said "coming soon". But the post seems to be gone now along with all their old posts.

Also anybody know when the Manor is opening again, I've heard from a very good source that it is opening again

Planning was lodged for a new development there, maybe thats what they are on about.

• Advertisement

See the new Covid-19 temporary test centre has started construction as well, worrying times. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

charlieIRL wrote: »
    See the new Covid-19 temporary test centre has started construction as well, worrying times. :(

Where's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

Is that what’s going on out at the Clonminch Roundabout?

Planning was lodged for a new development there, maybe thats what they are on about.

Mmm maybe, I can see the application that hanney properties limited last year was withdrawn, thats one apartments included.

I can see a new application went in on January from the same, this one is purely on the redevelopment and is at the "further information" stage so we'll be waiting on that one

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

medoc wrote: »

They are hardly doing a new build for a test centre?

medoc wrote: »

Yupp that’s the spot.

DM_7 wrote: »
    They are hardly doing a new build for a test centre?

It’s a temporary structure. Lot of filling gone in there at the same time though.

Yupp that’s the spot.

I seen it yesterday evening and thought it was prep work for a new housing estate or something. Never even thought of a testing centre till you mentioned it. Worrying times indeed. Much respect for all the workers in the health services. And indeed the shops and supply chain.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It’s a temporary structure. Lot of filling gone in there at the same time though.

Seems a bit mad when the old HSE (rented) building around the corner is still vacant.

The reopening of Texas is understandably postponed till later in the year. It’s been a rough year for the town what with the street works and now this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Gympodie

What is going on with the old Tesco's/Texas area?

They have Tesco's fenced-off the last few days. They have the doors opened and are clearing it out.

Anybody know what is going on there?

Gympodie wrote: »
    What is going on with the old Tesco's/Texas area?

They have Tesco's fenced-off the last few days. They have the doors opened and are clearing it out.

Anybody know what is going on there?

Potential temporary morgue site perhaps ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Jesus that escalated quickly ^

there was a fire in there a few months back maybe theyre just cleaning up

It’s entirely possible and unfortunately somewhat likely that there will be a need for temporary morgue’s but that ****ehole wouldn’t be very suitable. Surely a vacant factory or unit in one of the business parks would be more likely.

Jesus that escalated quickly ^

there was a fire in there a few months back maybe theyre just cleaning up

The HSE have been actively looking for potential sites for temporary morgues for a number of weeks, they may not be needed hopefully but they have to be prepared for the potential of a large number of deaths. Who know's at this stage, all bets are off

The HSE have been actively looking for potential sites for temporary morgues for a number of weeks, they may not be needed hopefully but they have to be prepared for the potential of a large number of deaths. Who know's at this stage, all bets are off.

Also the site where the testing centre is been built is owned by the same person who is in partnership with the group who owns the Old Texas site.

Do some simple maths there and come to a conclusion

I understand what you’re saying but still, I’d rather wait to hear facts in regards to something as serious and morbid as a temporary mortuary than draw my own conclusions and cause unnecessary upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Tullamore making the papers again today because of the lovely folk in Arden :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Whats going on now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Whats going on now?

Fight among a few families and somebody landed in hospital with stab wound.

• Advertisement

I hope he will be okay, but that family has been terrorizing the town for years.

Advertisement