Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial info & analysis

Options
  • 07-04-2020 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I’m looking for recommendations for sites that provide decent financial analysis data?

I live in Sydney and my regular brokerage account is with Commsec who are part of the largest bank – Commonwealth Bank. Their website is great, heaps of info, financial statements breakdown, ratio analysis, etc. All my portfolio is on the ASX but wanted to get some exposure to overseas companies. I have a couple of ETFs and a few large cap companies which offer some global diversification. I can purchase overseas equities on Commsec but their brokerage fees are ridiculous.

I have some cash at home I’ve wanted to put to work so I set up an account with Degiro. However, going through that site, I cannot seem to find any financial info other than current market pricing and volume. Am I missing something or is this site cheap for a reason?

So, who do people use for their company info?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

lg123 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I’m looking for recommendations for sites that provide decent financial analysis data?

I live in Sydney and my regular brokerage account is with Commsec who are part of the largest bank – Commonwealth Bank. Their website is great, heaps of info, financial statements breakdown, ratio analysis, etc. All my portfolio is on the ASX but wanted to get some exposure to overseas companies. I have a couple of ETFs and a few large cap companies which offer some global diversification. I can purchase overseas equities on Commsec but their brokerage fees are ridiculous.

I have some cash at home I’ve wanted to put to work so I set up an account with Degiro. However, going through that site, I cannot seem to find any financial info other than current market pricing and volume. Am I missing something or is this site cheap for a reason?

So, who do people use for their company info?

Thanks.

It's a cheap site for a reason. You can buy and sell. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

It's a cheap site for a reason. You can buy and sell. That is all.
    Any recommendations for good sites?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Any recommendations for good sites?

Well if you listen to the noise on here... talking heads seem to be a popular source of reliable information.....

Are you looking for access to financial data, stock reports or analysis and recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Well if you listen to the noise on here... talking heads seem to be a popular source of reliable information.....

Are you looking for access to financial data, stock reports or analysis and recommendations?

Analysis and reccs would be nice but more so the financial data. Something like a breakdown of the P&L, balance sheet with some ratio analysis and some charts thrown in.

Analysis and reccs would be nice but more so the financial data. Something like a breakdown of the P&L, balance sheet with some ratio analysis and some charts thrown in.

Usually isn't free. Are you willing to pay?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Well if you want US data, a subscription to either betterinvesting.org or stockcentral.com will give you access to reasonable data at a low price.

If you want to do things like back testing etc...again on US data, then aaii.com has a product that delivers a quarterly database in FoxPro format that you can load into a database and do that kind of analysis - costs a few hundred dollars.

I don't know a cheap source of European data, a subscription to either morningstar or s&p, might get you some access.

Advertisement