Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Also this year or next year packers should draft the next qb, and sit him behind ar for 2 years or so

• Registered Users Posts: 19,180 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Also this year or next year packers should draft the next qb, and sit him behind ar for 2 years or so

Unfortunately won’t have a very high pick.

Do you not rate Boyle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭cosatron

The better team won who will beat the chiefs handy enough, that defensive line is something else, 5 first round picks. To come from where we were last year is a great achievement and to take the next step will be huge. Allot of holes to be plugged, I think we need a player in each position group to be honest but im optimistic about what we can achieve with lefluer. shanahan is in his 3rd year with 49ers and has fully implemented the offence, I think this is the type of offence we will be moving towards.

Unfortunately won’t have a very high pick.

Do you not rate Boyle?

The packers have drafted two good qbs in about 25 years. We are utterly spoiled with favre then Rodgers. Look at every qb they picked up since.

I just think the scouts got by easily due to the qbs we had that they elevate talent. For the most part we haven't drafted well... Or more specifically our draft picks do ****e with us, leave then become first team all pros

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Blut2

Next year Rodgers should hopefully still be playing well enough for a potential last "win now" attempt year. I'd prioritize putting some more weapons around him through both drafting and FA.

Come 2021 though then I'd definitely be thinking its time to settle down for a rebuild. Trade some picks/players to get a high pick to bring in a top tier new QB, have him learn under Rodgers for a season or two, and go from there.

• Advertisement

Maybe I'm just disaluioned, two hif qbs in a row and only 2sb's

QBs alone can’t win Super Bowls.

Unfortunately Packers teams didn’t match up.

Let’s look forward......learn how to stop the run.

That would be a good start.

QBs alone can’t win Super Bowls.

Unfortunately Packers teams didn’t match up.

Let’s look forward......learn how to stop the run.

That would be a good start.

Oh I know but my point is it's highly unlikely we will draft a third hof qb in a row so can look forward to some mediocrity

Oh I know but my point is it's highly unlikely we will draft a third hof qb in a row so can look forward to some mediocrity

Indeed indeed, that’s perfectly correct,we got ‘lucky’ twice when others went through 7 or 8 .

Now, is it me or does anyone think Rodgers is very ‘dull looking’ in demeanor and interaction this season.

Compared to the other QBs GB have played he seems very ‘hangdog’ on the field and on the sidelines.

I studied Garropolo and he was bouncing around on the field and on the sidelines, interacting with his teammates and even seeming to be enjoying himself, pumping up the team who also seemed a lot more lively than GB.

My point would be that this kind of demeanor could seep into the team and even the Smiths couldn’t rise the energy levels.

The same with Mahomes, smiling and seeming to be full of energy.

The contrast between those two and Rodgers is quite stark....

Maybe it’s just me.........

Indeed indeed, that’s perfectly correct,we got ‘lucky’ twice when others went through 7 or 8 .

Now, is it me or does anyone think Rodgers is very ‘dull looking’ in demeanor and interaction this season.

Compared to the other QBs GB have played he seems very ‘hangdog’ on the field and on the sidelines.

I studied Garropolo and he was bouncing around on the field and on the sidelines, interacting with his teammates and even seeming to be enjoying himself, pumping up the team who also seemed a lot more lively than GB.

My point would be that this kind of demeanor could seep into the team and even the Smiths couldn’t rise the energy levels.

I'd imagine there's a lot going on, spending your career getting smashed by opponents, being bored by a stale offence for years, carrying a team solo on your shoulders for years, knowing you are in decline and your sb window is closing quickly, compared to two boys on great teams with great pieces both sides of the ball just starting out

• Advertisement

I read someplace that in the Rodgers era the defence has given up 37 points or more in 8 playoff games.

Rodgers freely admitted his not ra ra type of guy and leaves that to other players. I thought some of his throws on sunday were out of this world and it was like the vintage Rodgers. I thought he looked his best the last 2 games and hopefully he brings that into next year.

cosatron wrote: »
    I read someplace that in the Rodgers era the defence has given up 37 points or more in 8 playoff games.
    8 out of the 10 worst defensive performances came under Rodgers jn the franchise. Combined both halves vs 49rs this year we were outscored 50-0

8 out of the 10 worst defensive performances came under Rodgers jn the franchise. Combined both halves vs 49rs this year we were outscored 50-0

what do you think of pettine, in 3 games against the 49ers we got ran over and made no adjustment at half time, is it coaching or lack of personel. the tackling in the first half was horrific.

cosatron wrote: »
    what do you think of pettine, in 3 games against the 49ers we got ran over and made no adjustment at half time, is it coaching or lack of personel. the tackling in the first half was horrific.

The jury is out in my judgement.......

All year long the Pack were getting gouged down the middle.

I’d love to see stats on how many players both D and O had ‘career days’ against the Packers.

The 9ers RB had four rushing TDs and nearly 200 yds rushing last Sunday!!

There would have to be questions asked after those numbers......

We are talking record numbers in NFC championships and up there in total playoff games ever played.

If that doesn’t ring a bell as big as the Liberty bell that something is wrong I don’t know what does.

Now I don’t want to get negative but.....all through the season one could see given the number of games won by one score hanging on that the current team wouldn’t handle the ‘good ‘ teams especially out of Lambeau.

The good bit is there is less to fix now and the current management seem to be more amenable to ‘making moves’

Next season should be very interesting.

The jury is out in my judgement.......

All year long the Pack were getting gouged down the middle.

I’d love to see stats on how many players both D and O had ‘career days’ against the Packers.

The 9ers RB had four rushing TDs and nearly 200 yds rushing last Sunday!!

There would have to be questions asked after those numbers......

We are talking record numbers in NFC championships and up there in total playoff games ever played.

If that doesn’t ring a bell as big as the Liberty bell that something is wrong I don’t know what does.

Now I don’t want to get negative but.....all through the season one could see given the number of games won by one score hanging on that the current team wouldn’t handle the ‘good ‘ teams especially out of Lambeau.

The good bit is there is less to fix now and the current management seem to be more amenable to ‘making moves’

Next season should be very interesting.

Gave up over 200 yards to one rb, we gave up more total to the rush, 282 to be precise,. Stats wise though we shut down there passing game only 77 yards. Here's the thing Blake martinez is a tackling machine, but reactive, he tackles 10 yards down the field not mobile enough for the position as it is rn.

Our defence has the pieces if you get someone mobile in mlb.

49rs have some absolute studs on offence. And same for defence, packers have 3 on offence but if you shut down one you shut down all 3 weirdly

Gave up over 200 yards to one rb, we gave up more total to the rush, 282 to be precise,. Stats wise though we shut down there passing game only 77 yards. Here's the thing Blake martinez is a tackling machine, but reactive, he tackles 10 yards down the field not mobile enough for the position as it is rn.

Our defence has the pieces if you get someone mobile in mlb.

49rs have some absolute studs on offence. And same for defence, packers have 3 on offence but if you shut down one you shut down all 3 weirdly

Good synopsis, however one could argue that we didn’t ‘shut down ‘ their passing game as Jimmy G didn’t throw much given the runners were gouging us on practically every series.

Very low number of pass attempts.

I feel Blake is gone, great tackler as you say but too slow.

Interesting off season in store.

Good synopsis, however one could argue that we didn’t ‘shut down ‘ their passing game as Jimmy G didn’t throw much given the runners were gouging us on practically every series.

Very low number of pass attempts.

I feel Blake is gone, great tackler as you say but too slow.

Interesting off season in store.

Sorry sarcasm didn't come through. On the shutting them down part. He had only thrown 8 times until deep into the third quarter.

Spot in Caroline for martinez I'd say

Sorry sarcasm didn't come through. On the shutting them down part. He had only thrown 8 times until deep into the third quarter.

Spot in Caroline for martinez I'd say

Hopefully, he is a good guy, deserves a spot somewhere but Packers need someone faster in thought and legs in that position,plus another wide load beside Kenny Clark to give him a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

Stats wise though we shut down there passing game only 77 yards.

Eh, look again. Jimmy G was 6 of 8 for 77 yards. That is 9.6 yds per attempt. 12.8yrs per completion.

He didn't throw the ball because he didn't need to, but when he did, there was zero "shut down" going on.

• Advertisement

boreder wrote: »
    Eh, look again. Jimmy G was 6 of 8 for 77 yards. That is 9.6 yds per attempt. 12.8yrs per completion.

He didn't throw the ball because he didn't need to, but when he did, there was zero "shut down" going on.

Read post #3529 dude

Who from the wide receiver corps are we going to ditch this season(if there is one)

Who would our principal receiver corps be.

1. Davante
    2. Devin Funchess
    3 Allan Lazard
    4. MVS
    5. ESB

Leaves Kumerow, Ervin, plus some I forget

Also TEs

Big Dog Lewis, Big Bob Tonyan, Sternberger, James Looney is in there, plus at least one other guy.

Who will come out no1 there.

Love do get Denzil Mimms in the draft at receiver.

Some food for thought.........

Is mvs not gone to lions or was that the other chap?? Both are ****e anyway

Is mvs not gone to lions or was that the other chap?? Both are ****e anyway

Don’t think so ..Geronimo Allison is though, maybe that’s the one you are thinking about.

EBS is coming back after long injury, hoping for a big season from him.

They have three big bodies 6’4 and over, pity the fchuukers are inconsistent.

What’s your view on TE?

Haven't had one since finlay, still dont

Haven't had one since finlay, still dont

Jared Cooke was a good one.Wouldnt pay him, they say.

Seem to have problems in that dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Jared Cooke was a good one.Wouldnt pay him, they say.

Seem to have problems in that dept.

Don’t think that’s what happened.
    Pack made him an offer, he refused. Pack moved on ( think martellus Bennett) then he took less than pack had originally offered with the raiders.

digzy wrote: »
    Don’t think that’s what happened.
    Pack made him an offer, he refused. Pack moved on ( think martellus Bennett) then he took less than pack had originally offered with the raiders.

Ok.... that would probably figure..... Bennett really stiffed them,

Let’s hope we can finally sort out that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Bit concerned to see we’ve had some virtual meetings with qb S!! We need o line, lb and cb. Why waste a first round pick on someone who won’t play for at least 2 years

• Advertisement

Why don't we need a qb?? AR IS WHAT 36?GOING ON 37?Sitting a qb for a year or two is very beneficial, ar did it, Mahomes did it etc. Drafting a q because your franchise needs one right now is not smart. Drafting a good qb will cost you less than trwding/paying free agents in other pisitions

Advertisement