Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1991 Volkswagen Corrado 1.8 16V value?

• 02-04-2020 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Hi All, I have a 91 corrado parked up some in good condition with cloth recaro seats, it hasn't been started in 5/6 years. I got the engine replaced about 10 years ago. What would the rough value of it be now if I was to sell it as is? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Is it Irish reg? Is it driving? What kind of mileage is on it? Does it have any service history? All of these things will affect the value of it. It's worth more with an NCT on it also, so if you could get one on it, that'll help.

I'd only be leading you astray to give you a value on it. There's others here that can be more useful to you than I in that regard.

Edit: There's a 1996 8v one here asking €5,500. https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/vw-corrado-8v/24559173

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

It's vintage next year. I'd hold on to it until then at least if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭farmer2018

Is it Irish reg? Is it driving? What kind of mileage is on it? Does it have any service history? All of these things will affect the value of it. It's worth more with an NCT on it also, so if you could get one on it, that'll help.

I'd only be leading you astray to give you a value on it. There's others here that can be more useful to you than I in that regard.

Edit: There's a 1996 8v one here asking €5,500. https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/vw-corrado-8v/24559173

It is on Irish reg, The mileage is about 120k on the new engine, it has most service history yes, it could cost too much to get nct on it at this stage. The car will be sold as not running. I am told the recaros alone are worth alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

farmer2018 wrote: »
    It is on Irish reg, The mileage is about 120k on the new engine, it has most service history yes, it could cost too much to get nct on it at this stage. The car will be sold as not running. I am told the recaros alone are worth alot.

Pm me some info on it if you don't mind :)
    I've a number of vw's and would like a corrado too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Over the next few months I suspect you are going to see a glut of classics up for sale, that will only

result in lower selling prices for classic car owners. Buyers market coming I would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

kadman wrote: »
    Over the next few months I suspect you are going to see a glut of classics up for sale, that will only

result in lower selling prices for classic car owners. Buyers market coming I would say.

In total agreement with you, there is one Classic Dealer who has a whole lot on stock that will probably see him lose a considerable amount of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

I have a 92. G60, running. Only bring it out on good days. I've had people offer cash, but as in every car sale, and more so with classic/vintage, it's only worth what the buyer will pay. I have it 15 yrs now and I've only put up 4k miles. I'll put feelers out in 2 yrs when it's classic and see what it's worth. Costs me only a couple of quid a year to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

They're a great car and will definitely be very sought after the closer they get to vintage tax. I'd love one.

Can someone please give me a price guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,256 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You would need more info.
    It could need major works or hardly anything depending on how it was parked etc.

• Advertisement

What's the value of the whole car selling it for parts?

What's the value of the whole car selling it for parts?

How long is a piece of string?

It all depends on the condition and mileage on the car, if it’s rusty with high miles and tired interior it won’t be worth much in parts or complete.

Post some pics and the full spec/history of the car and you will get some valuations.

Neilw wrote: »
    How long is a piece of string?

It all depends on the condition and mileage on the car, if it’s rusty with high miles and tired interior it won’t be worth much in parts or complete.

Post some pics and the full spec/history of the car and you will get some valuations.

I will post more information.

I did post information in the previous posts which should help to put a value on it.

Some more information that will help put a value on it.

-1.8 16v
    -Last started 5/6 years ago
    -Crack in the windscreen will need to be replaced
    -Interior in good condition with cloth recaro bucket seats
    -Exterior in good condition with small bubbles of rust in a few places otherwise solid, paint in good condition, a few small scrapes
    -Full service history (just checked)
    -Milleage 120k
    -Standard Volkswagen alloys
    -I imported the car from the UK 12 years ago
    -On Irish plates

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Being originally from uk rust will definitely be present.. op..why don't you get it checked over and then valued by a decent bodyshop that could give indicators as to what work this car needs..being parked up for 5 years..a replacement engine thrown in 10 years ago..and 120k done on that engine..
    Originally uk for about 20 years..
    Theres nothing positive sounding.
    It could be a money pit for whoever buys it... and it probably doesn't owe it's current owner much..

Some more information that will help put a value on it.

-1.8 16v
    -Last started 5/6 years ago
    -Crack in the windscreen will need to be replaced
    -Interior in good condition with cloth recaro bucket seats
    -Exterior in good condition with small bubbles of rust in a few places otherwise solid, paint in good condition, a few small scrapes
    -Full service history (just checked)
    -Milleage 120k
    -Standard Volkswagen alloys
    -I imported the car from the UK 12 years ago
    -On Irish plates

Not being bad here but it needs thousands in work.
    All brakes, bushings, belts, fluids, tyres and possibly hoses would need to be replaced.
    Sounds like it needs a fair bit of rust repair, and if some is visible it’s a certainty that there is more hidden, then there’s painting on top of that.

A running driving one sold a couple of weeks ago for around the €2k mark.

Post up some pics of the interior, the recaro seats would be worth something....but not the prices you see on eBay. If they were selling at those prices they wouldn’t be on eBay forever.

What colour is it and what county is it registered in?

Neilw wrote: »
    Not being bad here but it needs thousands in work.
    All brakes, bushings, belts, fluids, tyres and possibly hoses would need to be replaced.
    Sounds like it needs a fair bit of rust repair, and if some is visible it’s a certainty that there is more hidden, then there’s painting on top of that.

A running driving one sold a couple of weeks ago for around the €2k mark.

Post up some pics of the interior, the recaro seats would be worth something....but not the prices you see on eBay. If they were selling at those prices they wouldn’t be on eBay forever.

What colour is it and what county is it registered in?

Yes it will need thousands of work possibly you are correct. Ideal project for a mechanic/panel beater.

Where did the one sell for 2k? because I don't see any for that kind of money.

I am not going to throw away the car either as I know they are becoming rare.

The car is a nugget rado! I bet there is very few of them if any in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

You seem to have an idea in your head of the value of it yourself do why don't you throw an ad on donedeal at that price and see what response you get.
    The vr6 model is the one that people want.

Yes it will need thousands of work possibly you are correct. Ideal project for a mechanic/panel beater.

Where did the one sell for 2k? because I don't see any for that kind of money.

I am not going to throw away the car either as I know they are becoming rare.

The car is a nugget rado! I bet there is very few of them if any in Ireland.

It sold through an enthusiast Facebook page, it was a 91 16v with around 100k on it. Needed some bodywork and paint and had been parked up for a while, so similar to your own.

Unfortunately the corrado doesn’t seem to be a sought after as the likes of mk2 golf’s. I don’t get it myself as I think they are a lovely car.
    There are some which are more sought after, VR6’s, especially storm and then G60’s.

Nugget yellow is nice too, what county is it registered in?

Advertisement