Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Walrus Part Deux

Options
  • 22-03-2020 12:44pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭

NecroSkunk Productions proudly brings to you...

A game to get rid of the boredom of isolation in the current climate....

Movie Walrus: Part Deux

Movie Walrus works similar to Music Walrus, where the hosts decide the categories and the players submit their choices via PM based on the same.

Then when the hosts have watched and scored their categories, we reveal it all in one thread where the scores are revealed.

Why are we doing this?

No major intro here needed - because we want to and we feel like it :D

So without further adieu, the categories:

Categories

Skunk

Mind blowing movies: I love a good movie that just bends and blows your mind, full of twists and turns and just makes you really think about it after for days or even weeks afterward and never truly leaves you

Fantasy: All types of magic and fantasy, I like being taken to and fully immersed into a different world full of awe and wonders. I love a well thought out story whether it’s based off of myths and legends or a completely made up universe

Necro:

I'm particular when it comes to movies. I like movies across all genres but I have two rules that guide my choices.

No black and white, and no fooking subtitles!

Well... rules are made to be broken. I want you all to show me how wrong I am to avoid both these types of movies.

Therefore, my chosen categories are:

Black and White Movies: I want the best of the best here to show me exactly what I'm missing out on. But be careful you don't duplicate :p

Subtitles: I think subtitles ruin the atmosphere of a movie having to read the words at the bottom of the screen. Prove me wrong.

Joint Category:

In this category we will both watch your submissions and score the movie seperately before combining our scores to give an overall total.

This choice is close to both of our hearts, and frankly, some of the best movies made are done this way;

Animated Movie: Send us your favourite animated movie for judgment :D

No limit just yet, we shall see how sign ups go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

YES LETS GO!!!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29015d47066a7077a31f105f054d1856a2c06eaaee&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Will have a think and scroll through the DVD collection, and get an entry in later today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Will you just be watching three each, or all five? If one film fits a Skunk category and a Necro category could we enter it twice?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

For the purposes of the contest we will be watching three out of the five movies each.

And yeah, if you want to submit a movie twice into two categories that's perfectly acceptable.

Necro wrote: »
    For the purposes of the contest we will be watching three out of the five movies each.

And yeah, if you want to submit a movie twice into two categories that's perfectly acceptable.

Cool, one springs to mind that fits two categories perfectly, and is amazing :)

• Advertisement

Cool, one springs to mind that fits two categories perfectly, and is amazing :)

I wonder if we're potentially thinking of a similar film. I've thought of quite a few already that would work really well for multiple categories.

I wonder if we're potentially thinking of a similar film. I've thought of quite a few already that would work really well for multiple categories.

Wouldn't surprise me - the one I'm thinking of isn't an undiscovered gem and the guys have probably seen it, but I love it so much I'll probably enter it anyway. My other entry for Necro will be a lot more... interesting :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Wouldn't surprise me - the one I'm thinking of isn't an undiscovered gem and the guys have probably seen it, but I love it so much I'll probably enter it anyway. My other entry for Necro will be a lot more... interesting :p

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Have a couple in mind already. Will get my entry in soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

inneresteringtington

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Black and White Movies: I want the best of the best here to show me exactly what I'm missing out on. But be careful you don't duplicate :p

Subtitles: I think subtitles ruin the atmosphere of a movie having to read the words at the bottom of the screen. Prove me wrong.

Fair dues!

Will definitely enter this.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Entered. Tried not to go for anything too obvious.

Stop motion counts as animated, right?

giphy.gif

Entered!

I'm really pleased with my entries. There's no guarantee you'll like them but I think you'll find them really interesting and be glad you've watched them. Hopefully one or two are new to you and you like them :)

4 entries to this so far, don't forget about us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

4 entries to this so far, don't forget about us :D

5 now, I just send mine Necro. :)
    Thank you for organising this!

Thank you Irish Aris, and I have duly forwarded on to LadySkunk as well :)

Hoping for about 7 or 8 minimally then we can close things up and start watching...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Sent, hope my choices won't be to difficult to find, enjoy them

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ill throw my hat in this ring also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Okay I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Yep.

Thank you for all your entries so far, we are up to 10!

Gonna close this off for sign ups tomorrow night at midnight so this is the final call for entries!!

Whoo-hoo!
    Can't wait to see what you guys think

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

In it to win it.

I expect some people have the same choice as me in some categories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

in.

That brings us up to 12.

Gotta say there's some intriguing entries that I'm excited to watch. I have a few of them nicely on ice now for today and tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

That brings us up to 12.

Gotta say there's some intriguing entries that I'm excited to watch. I have a few of them nicely on ice now for today and tomorrow!

You closing to entries @12?

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    You closing to entries @12?

Nope.

15 will be our limit in order to get movies watched in err.... relatively decent time though.

So three spaces left or sign ups close tomorrow night, whichever comes first :D

• Advertisement

Nope.

15 will be our limit in order to get movies watched in err.... relatively decent time though.

So three spaces left or sign ups close tomorrow night, whichever comes first :D

Is that a dig at Mick? :D

Advertisement