Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** So, how's everyone doing?! **

Options
  • 29-03-2020 9:26pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thought I'd start this just as a general chat / off-topic thread for people isolated at home (as we all are at the moment) to chat / compare notes if they wish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭c_f_p99

Alright. I feel like barely anything has really changed. But naturally I’m a bit scared as I now realise how quickly time can run out😟. It's scary. There are certain subjects that I'm sorted for so I barely put any work into them (like Maths and Applied Maths). But French can be very tough to study by yourself, I'm kind of overwhelmed by the amount of opinion pieces that can be asked. Also Irish Music is such a b**ch to study. I guess I'm doing fine, but complacency is starting to kick in with the "but it's two months away, plenty of time, sure." I'll have to try and get over that quickly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Lord, it's quiet around here these days, I can remember when we went through nearly 4 OT threads in a year! (4 x 10,000 posts!)

c_f, the great thing is that you're tipping away while at the same time not getting into a panic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Lord, it's quiet around here these days, I can remember when we went through nearly 4 OT threads in a year! (4 x 10,000 posts!)

Kids these days, eh? Off studying instead :P

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I'm studying at an adult education centre (my one LC subject this year is history, as part of my level 3 course). I just got a text saying my classes will resume on the 20th. If true, it'll make me very happy. I'm a bit overwhelmed working on my own.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Yeah, in one way history is better than say maths or physics, where you might hit something you just don't understand at all.

But it's a big course, and easy enough to get swamped and bogged down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

c_f_p99 wrote: »
    Alright. I feel like barely anything has really changed. But naturally I’m a bit scared as I now realise how quickly time can run out😟. It's scary. There are certain subjects that I'm sorted for so I barely put any work into them (like Maths and Applied Maths). But French can be very tough to study by yourself, I'm kind of overwhelmed by the amount of opinion pieces that can be asked. Also Irish Music is such a b**ch to study. I guess I'm doing fine, but complacency is starting to kick in with the "but it's two months away, plenty of time, sure." I'll have to try and get over that quickly.

I know the oral was cancelled for you guys, but one tip I can give you for opinion pieces is continue to practice your French oral stuff. When I was studying for the oral, I was pretty good at constructing sentences on the fly, which saved my life in the opinion pieces. The night before my French LC exam, I mostly just focused on history since that was on the same day, but because I put in the work for my oral it paid of during my French LC exam during the opinion pieces as I was able to write down my thoughts on the fly (as opposed to trying to remember opinion pieces I had pre-learned) and I came out with a H2! Obviously, you should still learn some key words and phrases for specific topics, but it helps when you're able to move away pre-learned answers (which comes from constantly practicing your oral French)

Advertisement