Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv with decoder built in

Options
  • 02-04-2020 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Do you know if it's possible to buy a tv with the english channels satellite decoder built in?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yes. Lots.

Many LGs have a satellite tuner and Freesat EPG support.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Yanu

Thank you very much L1011. I was looking at this one below. It's for a kitchen

LG 28TL510S 28" Smart HD Ready LED TV

So, it would be enough to plug in the two coaxes, one from the irish aerial and one from the satellite, right? No boxes needed?

Whats the difference between freeview and freesat?

Thanks again

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

That TV has both types of tuners so you should be fine.

Freeview is the UK terrestrial system; you won't get it in most of ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭decor58

Yanu wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Do you know if it's possible to buy a tv with the english channels satellite decoder built in?

Thanks

Another option might be the Vestel tv's, Walker and Nordmende, I have a 24in Walker in the kitchen, Saorview and UK channels in one list, downside is the satellite epg is now and next, rather than full epg.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭ITV2

I've 2 Panasonic TV's both have Freesat/Saorview built in, the Saorview channels can be organised in order of your choice, They ususally start at Ch 800's

• Advertisement
Advertisement