Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old satellite equipment question

Options
  • 01-04-2020 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have some old satellite equipment that I used in the past for English football on foreign satellite. I have a dream box, cas interface 3, infinity USB, cards, cas interface dummy card, another simpler cas interface (maybe cas 1 or 2), j-card. I don't have any use for these now. Question is, are they of any use or just fit for the bin/recycle now that it's all gone iptv?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭swoofer

Bin, oscam took over. Now iptv. I had same as you. Hard to bin but time moves on, it was great fun(sic) though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

Thanks for the reply

Was thinking as much. Yes was fun at the time!

I take it I could give the dream box to a charity shop for use as a freesat box?

What about the other bits. I guess they can't be recycled as they don't have a plug?

I'd say your dreambox is SD only so not a lot of use. I dumped a lot of mine on a visit to a recycling centre and threw odd bits into the general skip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Similar type of question here. As part of the clean-up of things that have been lying around for ages, I've come across a thing that was in use here up to two or three years ago - Eidision OS mini Full HD Linux Twin Sat Receiver DV3 S2 (to give it the full title as it appears on the box).

Any use for anything these days (i.e. maybe worth a few quid on the likes of adverts.ie when this is all over), or just fit for the bin?

swoofer wrote: »
    I'd say your dreambox is SD only so not a lot of use. I dumped a lot of mine on a visit to a recycling centre and threw odd bits into the general skip.

Just double checked. It's a zgemma h.2s. Any use?

• Advertisement

That's a very useful box have you looked on ebay!! A lot of those are selling for more than new. They start low but end up quite pricey.

I have one of those for tinkering and put a grogbuild(techkings) on it with a sly skin, added a 256gb usb and wireless wi fi, worked a treat. Its pretty good for iptv as well.

That's a very useful box have you looked on ebay!! A lot of those are selling for more than new. They start low but end up quite pricey.

I have one of those for tinkering and put a grogbuild(techkings) on it with a sly skin, added a 256gb usb and wireless wi fi, worked a treat. Its pretty good for iptv as well.

It was given to me by a friend. I'm not at all familiar with it at all. Maybe you could PM me what tools I might need and what's possible if you have a chance. Thanks.

Am presuming you're still taking to swoofer here, but (proving how little I know about these things!) wonder you could please let me know if that comment was meant for me instead?

Have just had a look at ebay and see boxes that look similar starting around €80 or €90 and going up to well past €100.....

- Eidision OS mini Full HD Linux Twin Sat Receiver DVB-S2 thats still in vogue, you can have an openatv image on it still. why have you stopped using it?

Stopped using it simply because I have absolutely no idea about these things!

It was in use for a couple of years for a certain purpose which we're not allowed talk about here. Then one day it didn't serve that purpose as the guy who was providing the service decided to do a legger. It's been back in its box ever since.

Good to know it might still be useful to somebody, though. Will stick it up on ebay and see how it goes. Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

- Eidision OS mini Full HD Linux Twin Sat Receiver DVB-S2 thats still in vogue, you can have an openatv image on it still. why have you stopped using it?
    Or you can use OpenVix

you can use a USB TV dongle to get Saorview too.

Advertisement