Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Avensis interior

Options
  • 31-03-2020 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

Howdy all

After coming across a full leather interior in a 2004 avensis liftback will it fit a 2006 avensis by any chance?

Front seats look fine its the rear im not sure about and cant find a definite answer online.

Many thanks as always
    Dash:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are they both liftbacks?
    If the body of the cars look the same the interior/seat fittings is likely the same too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Different body shapes donor avensis is a liftback and the other one is a saloon.

Its costing so little i think ill just take the gamble and see how it works out

Cheers for the reply though Biko

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yeah they’ll fit. Back seat might be different but should be fine.

I’d say door cards are the same.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yeah they’ll fit. Back seat might be different.

Thanks the only concern I have is the donor has rear folding seats so maybe that's something that's differnt.

I'll give it a go and see how I get on many thanks
    As I said it's costing me so little it's worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,202 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Outside the fit would there be any problem with the airbags in the front seats needing to be recoded for the new seats? This is an issue with some VAG cars.

• Advertisement

Outside the fit would there be any problem with the airbags in the front seats needing to be recoded for the new seats? This is an issue with some VAG cars.

I did a bit of research online on the Toyota owners forum and it hasn't been mentioned that the airbags would have to be recoded etc
    Only problem people encounter is the wiring harness for the electric part of the seat isn't there.
    I have seen the car and there is no structural damage it's all intact no frontal or side damage car was scrapped due to engine seizing.

I'll give it a go and if it's works great if not oh well you live and learn.

Nah. Be grand.

crasy dash wrote: »
    I did a bit of research online on the Toyota owners forum and it hasn't been mentioned that the airbags would have to be recoded etc
    Only problem people encounter is the wiring harness for the electric part of the seat isn't there.
    I have seen the car and there is no structural damage it's all intact no frontal or side damage car was scrapped due to engine seizing.

I'll give it a go and if it's works great if not oh well you live and learn.

Get the steering wheel while you’re at it. Get the armrest and the little plastic trim piece at the back that covers the hinge, and the rest of the centre console can be kept from your own car.

crasy dash wrote: »
    Thanks the only concern I have is the donor has rear folding seats so maybe that's something that's differnt.

I'll give it a go and see how I get on many thanks
    As I said it's costing me so little it's worth a shot.

The prefacelift saloon had provision for split folding seat as higher spec models had it. I’d say the mountings for the hinges are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Split folding seats were definitely standard on higher spec pre-facelift saloons, our 2005 Luna has them. I believe Aura and Strata models did not, though.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Get the steering wheel while you’re at it. Get the armrest and the little plastic trim piece at the back that covers the hinge, and the rest of the centre console can be kept from your own car.

Sorry never saw you post Colm i asked the gargae for that and they said no problem as well
    Unfortunately they are shut so this project might be put on hold for a couple of weeks:(

Split folding seats were definitely standard on higher spec pre-facelift saloons, our 2005 Luna has them. I believe Aura and Strata models did not, though.

Cheers for that my avensis is a 2006 t3-s poverty spec really :pac:

Plan in January was i sold my old A4 and bought this as a banger for 420 euro use it until i sourced a second hand car i wanted popped up.

Now thats on hold while this virus is around,sourced the interior all door cards and the centre console, two front headlights for 50e:eek:

This is only a bit of fun if it works out great if not its only 50e

I think T3S spec was like an Aura with satnav.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

T3-S was the same as T2 / Aura but with Satnav and alloys from what I remember.

T3-X was the same as our Lunas, just a different wheel design (T3-S have the same wheels as our Luna models).

T4 was T3-S and T3-X put together plus bigger wheels. T Spirit had electric leather seats, cruise control and a few other goodies.

First time removing the rear seats in this car anyone have tips or advice?

I see two 12mm bolts that secure the rear part of the seat is it a case of removing these and then just lifting it up then and it should come out?

Advertisement