Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rush from exercise

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    take up boxing Fegs,

the buzz you get from getting punched in the face will sort ya out

Kickboxing would suit him better. A kick in the face is what he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Does anyone not get a rush from going for a walk or a jog? I walk once a day for 40 minutes but do it to maintain a slim weight, I've never felt good from it as some people claim to.

Am I missing something or perhaps not trying hard enough?

Cardiovascular exercise (walking) does very little for keeping slim.

Cardiovascular exercise is for your heart and lungs.
    Burning off a few calories in the process is a welcome side effect but not the purpose of CE.

If one has poor cardiovascular health (not necessarily suffering from anything) it will affect your whole day. Lethargic, your mental mood and so on. A lifetime of a sedentary lifestyle will take it's toll by the time your 50 or even earlier nowadays.

As far as 'feeling high', a rush, is concerned - many people have stressful lives, due to work etc, Taking regular cardiovascular exercise goes some way to alleviate that and therefore one does feel a kind of rush when they feel back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Pythagorean

The theory behind the endorphin rush is that it your body's response to physical stress, and is designed to relieve pain induced by hard exercise. Therefore you should try to exercise more intensely, eg, mountain walking, moderately strenuous cycling, etc. I have found this works for me, whereas a walk up to the shops would not do much. Another point to remember is that the effect on ones mood may not be immediate, but may be felt a bit later, and in fact may last for a day or two. 40 minutes of moderately strenuous exercise should do the trick.

Advertisement