Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmacy RCSI or Trinity

Options
  • 30-03-2020 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Got offered for pharmacy in trinity but I've already accepted RCSI. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on the pros and cons of both courses cause I can't decide which one to take.

I know that a thread had been made about this already but it's like 10 years old and was wondering if there's any update. BTW does ranking matter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

Got offered for pharmacy in trinity but I've already accepted RCSI. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on the pros and cons of both courses cause I can't decide which one to take.

I know that a thread had been made about this already but it's like 10 years old and was wondering if there's any update. BTW does ranking matter?

The course is standardised across all three schools. It is essentially the same.

In RCSI you use cadavers for anatomy and your second year placement is broken up into 4 hour slots over 12 weeks. In trinity they have their second week placement in one 2 week block in January. RCSI give a MacBook to all new students. RCSI tends to be slightly more clinically focused.

Trinity tend to focus on research. They care alot about the top 5% of the class, they want them to go into PhD programs to keep their research output high which push them up ranking tables which don't matter.

In Ireland nobody cares which of the three universities you went to or even what grade you got. If you're considering using your degree abroad I suppose Trinity has the name.

Advertisement