Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

plumber suppliers!! Emergency

• 28-03-2020 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I need some plumbing supplies to fix a leak, this is a building that provides essential services, cant run it if water is switched off, where can i get what i need?? no suppliers let open????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Shticky tape

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

TheW1zard wrote: »
    Shticky tape

Im afraid its alot more serious than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,548 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Try calling an emergency plumber

• Registered Users Posts: 6,589 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Did you try a plumber as most of them would have supplies in their vans?

Farm supplies hardware are still open supposedly phone them.

• Advertisement

Plumber isnt the problem its cos suppliers are closed we cant get certain sizes of pipe for fix problem, 1"1/2 copper going on 3/4 inch copper and the fittings to go with it.

Started a job realised its worse now i need to get supplies.

listermint wrote: »
    Farm supplies hardware are still open supposedly phone them.

Where wud i find these??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Hi all

I need some plumbing supplies to fix a leak, this is a building that provides essential services, cant run it if water is switched off, where can i get what i need?? no suppliers let open????

If its essential services just call the Gardai and they will contact likely Hospital plumber or someone like that.

If its essential services just call the Gardai and they will contact likely Hospital plumber or someone like that.

again its not the plumber its the suppliers for parts for plumbers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Would expect plumbers merchants to fall into :

"Hardware stores, builders’ merchants and stores that provide hardware products necessary for home and business maintenance, sanitation and farm equipment, supplies and tools essential for gardening/farming/agriculture. "

If so, then not closed by decree

OP, please remember that this is a Sunday The Weekend :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

0lddog wrote: »

"Hardware stores, builders’ merchants and stores that provide hardware products necessary for home and business maintenance, sanitation and farm equipment, supplies and tools essential for gardening/farming/agriculture. "

OP, please remember that this is a Sunday.
    It's Saturday :D

0lddog wrote: »

OP, please remember that this is a Sunday.

It's Saturday ya spanner.

again its not the plumber its the suppliers for parts for plumbers

Do you not think a hospital plumber have what you need? they usually need to be well stocked...

Do you not think a hospital plumber have what you need? they usually need to be well stocked...

Yeah true itsa shot i supposs, ill try.

Re the fact that its a Saturday doesnt matter, my plumber told me theyre all closed as part of shut down.

I stand corrected then, but i was told suppliers wer closed down. hopefully not

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Usually they would close early on a Saturday.... Ring them....

yeah most of them do close early on a saturday, hopefully ill get someone monday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

listermint wrote: »
    It's Saturday ya spanner.

Days have no meaning when you're stuck at home :D:D

Is B&Q, Homebase or Woodies still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭Gerry T

Are they all closed, thought some were open for emergencies. I looked up B&Q and I think their open tomorrow, but that info could be out of date after last night. Plus they might not have what your after.

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Days have no meaning when you're stuck at home :D:D

Is B&Q, Homebase or Woodies still open?

Dunno if they are or not but they wudnt have anything close to wat i want:D

• Advertisement

Yeah true itsa shot i supposs, ill try.

Re the fact that its a Saturday doesnt matter, my plumber told me theyre all closed as part of shut down.

I do not know what it is but if its as you say essential services they will help you.

Good luck, today SUNDAY...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Most plumbing trade counters will only deal with the trade during the current emergency. They are an essential business as listed by the government so they were open this morning and will be open again on Monday. My suppliers, Heat merchants stopped dealing with the public two weeks ago. All trade customers were assigned numbers. We email in the order & collect it when ready. Thi cuts down on the length of time spent in the shop and cuts down on the risk of spreading the virus

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Most plumbing trade counters will only deal with the trade during the current emergency. They are an essential business as listed by the government so they were open this morning and will be open again on Monday. My suppliers, Heat merchants stopped dealing with the public two weeks ago. All trade customers were assigned numbers. We email in the order & collect it when ready. Thi cuts down on the length of time spent in the shop and cuts down on the risk of spreading the virus

Yeah thanks for that, i thought so myself

• Registered Users Posts: 23,254 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If its for essential service, and you cannot get hold of what you need, ring local store owner / manager and they will get you into store. Ring gardai if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Yeah thanks for that, i thought so myself

I know you don't want to engage a plumber but most have fully stocked vans and might be your only option.

no i have a plumber just he needs certain specific size copper and off sizes connections etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Then the plumber needs to take the initiative to buy the items needed, he must have every phone number.

Then the plumber needs to take the initiative to buy the items needed, he must have every phone number.

Yeah thats true but the job is my responsibility so, im just tryin to resolve an issue as quick as i can rather than say i dunno

Yeah thats true but the job is my responsibility so, im just tryin to resolve an issue as quick as i can rather than say i dunno

You must be bored, surely a "wind up" 2am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,779 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

You must be bored, surely a "wind up" 2am

Surely people can't be under pressure at 2am

Advertisement